What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mysterious Men Dropping From Helicopters To Chop Down NorCal Marijuana Grows

DRgreenThumb84

If there were no markings on the choppers, then it is definitely privately owned. In my opinion. It's cartels posing as officials. Groups like that have the means to by machinery and guns. The other big possibility in my mind, is that there r a group of private citizens (maybe off duty cops or not) that dont agree with the medical marijuana laws and have takin it upon themselves to fight against the laws by doing these raids. Either way, I dont see a badge, I'm shooting first and asking questions later. That's why there r " eminent domain" laws in this country

JointOperation

man .. I would proly shoot first. ask later.. If they wont identify themselves.. as law enforcement.. fuck em.. get your cameras out.. ask em to indetify themselves.. and then start shooting.

morningdewd

cmon its the old dress like cops and rob you modus operandi,oh and if you have a gun on your legal grow site your commiting a felony that's a more serious crime than an illegal grow ,if you use it your really toast MD

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
If there were no markings on the choppers, then it is definitely privately owned.

all aircraft must display its 'aircraft registration' or 'tail number', whether it be government or privately owned.

a helicopter, without these 'tags', which are basically like the license plate number on cars, are illegal, just like it is illegal to drive around in a car without a license plate.

thus, if these helicopters are indeed not displaying any form of 'tail number', and are full of armed men, they will be shot down on sight by the air-force, hence why it is the most important thing to file formal complaints with them about these so-called 'phantom' choppers.

if they do have a registration number displayed, then it is quite easy to track who they are and who they work for and file a law-suit against them for trespassing, damage of private property and threatening life with automatic weapons.

these are the proper routes to take, instead of thinking you are some sort of rambo...

EsterEssence

Veteran
Shooting a human being is harder than you think, oops. I have not heard of any other mysterious intruder cases,have you?

Last edited:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Get a trapping license. Then booby trap the fuck out of your grow and then watch them limp a way from a far. They will be so pumped up landing and cutting they will take no notice till they all start getting busted up. LOve it

If it was lear asset management that was doing the raids there's too much heat on them to continue... I haven't heard of anything new

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cmon its the old dress like cops and rob you modus operandi,oh and if you have a gun on your legal grow site your commiting a felony that's a more serious crime than an illegal grow ,if you use it your really toast MD

Marbury v Madison, US SUPREME COURT
"ANY LAW REPUGNANT TO THE CONSTITUTION IS VOID"

You can have your guns & shoot 'em too.

Any person that fears exercising a Right may as well not have any.

& finally,
Benjamin Franklin made a great point when he said:
"Any man willing to give up liberty for security, deserves neither."

Kozmo

Veteran
Marbury v Madison, US SUPREME COURT
"ANY LAW REPUGNANT TO THE CONSTITUTION IS VOID"

You can have your guns & shoot 'em too.

Any person that fears exercising a Right may as well not have any.

& finally,
Benjamin Franklin made a great point when he said:
"Any man willing to give up liberty for security, deserves neither."

Obviously you've never been dragged through this countries legal system.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Shooting a human being is harder than you think, most people that have guns and are confronted by an intruder have the gun taken away from them by said intruder. I have not heard of any other mysterious intruder cases,have you?

Please cite your reference for this statement.
I quickly found this which refutes your statement by about 99%.

" It has also been claimed that many people who attempt to use guns for self-protection have the gun taken from them by the criminal and used against them. Although this type of incident is not totally unknown, it too is extremely rare. In the 1979-1985 National-Crime-Victimization-Survey sample, it was possible to identify crime incidents in which the victim used a gun for protection and lost a gun to the offender(s). At most, 1% of defensive gun uses resulted in the offender taking a gun away from the victim. Even these few cases did not necessarily involve the offender snatching a gun out of the victim's hands. Instead a burglar might, for example, have been leaving a home with one of the household's guns when a resident attempted to stop him using another household gun. Thus, the 1% figure probably represents an upper limit.

Some people have misinterpreted data on police killings as indicating that even trained police officers can have their guns taken away while attempting to use them for self-defense. With about 600,000 sworn officers carrying guns on duty, and an average of about 68 killed per year, about eight of which per year were killed with their own weapons, this would imply an annual risk of 1.4 police officers killed with their own guns per 100,000 officers. "

http://www.pulpless.com/gunclock/kleck2.html

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look up the emerald triangle news on facebook. They have some posts about the helicopters. Seems its a hired company out of Willits

now were on to something...

:tiphat: to you mendo-local

now is where a hitman should come into action.... or perhaps a "Ray Donovan".....i hope whoever was breaking their back and investing in the growing side of this operation makes the right decisions from here on out and comes out on top...

EsterEssence

Veteran
Please cite your reference for this statement.
I quickly found this which refutes your statement by about 99%.

" It has also been claimed that many people who attempt to use guns for self-protection have the gun taken from them by the criminal and used against them. Although this type of incident is not totally unknown, it too is extremely rare. In the 1979-1985 National-Crime-Victimization-Survey sample, it was possible to identify crime incidents in which the victim used a gun for protection and lost a gun to the offender(s). At most, 1% of defensive gun uses resulted in the offender taking a gun away from the victim. Even these few cases did not necessarily involve the offender snatching a gun out of the victim's hands. Instead a burglar might, for example, have been leaving a home with one of the household's guns when a resident attempted to stop him using another household gun. Thus, the 1% figure probably represents an upper limit.

Some people have misinterpreted data on police killings as indicating that even trained police officers can have their guns taken away while attempting to use them for self-defense. With about 600,000 sworn officers carrying guns on duty, and an average of about 68 killed per year, about eight of which per year were killed with their own weapons, this would imply an annual risk of 1.4 police officers killed with their own guns per 100,000 officers. "

http://www.pulpless.com/gunclock/kleck2.html

I heard it from some friends that took a concealed carry class, they said the instructor really pressed the point. Maybe he was wrong...

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I have my handgun license and I vaguely remember it being mentioned about home owners loosing there gun in home invasion. But I don't really believe it. they were just trying to drive the point to be trained with a gun if your going to own one. Plainly put people will shoot if there scared.
But shooting some one for steeling weed out of a field, well I would not shoot any one who was not threatening my safety. On the other hand if some one came into my Home, well they would not survive.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
It's a strange venture for Lear whatevertheyare. How long does it take for people in MDO to figure out who and what is running the choppers..? There's not much else to obsess on in September, when ya got a nice garden/greenie/plot going..! I understand the anger..

And then they shut down. They had to know they'd be identified. And it wasn't thievery, cause it was too early in the season. Wild West Bizzareness, forsooth. Who Paid them....? That seems to Me to be the Q.

Space Toker

Veteran
Haven't I been warning about black choppers for years now? Maybe some are finally starting to realize it is no joke and no laughing matter? Some black choppers were National Guard choppers (black or olive green, with a white square with a red cross in it), but some were for sure completely black. Feds or powers higher than that wouldn't care if they are legal or not.

You know those shady groups that fund political ads? It wouldn't be too hard to imagine an affluent group of such individuals, self funded or fed funded (or illuminati/shadow govt funded if you believe all that), that are puritanistic about pot and are taking matters into their own hands and formed these vigilante raiding parties. Maybe just a splinter group of feds (the $10k toilets just for accounting purposes, billions diverted to things like this), maybe a whole lot scarier as previously mentioned. Or maybe I am just nuts, I may be partially but I am also right about things from time to time! ;)

mr.f

i feel bad for the patients of that grower aswell as the grower. from what i read i am assuming mabye that high cbd content bud was helping people...what if that grower was trully trying to help someone with a special ...now mabye the grower lost that specific cbd strain. with seed or cutting etc. thats realy messed up if what she was doing was perfectly legal. i smell a big lawsuit if anyone could find out someproof on who did it.