What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my whatever I've got growing thread

growbig789

So yah I decided to hold onto this plant after I grew out about 10 seeds from maui waui mother x gn09 c99 father that I had made like last fall. It was the first time I had grown out any seeds that I had made so it was of course pretty fun :)

I got about 6 females, and about 4/6 had a good number of similarities, of which I chose the keeper from. One or two looked good but smell, was lacking, and one expressed alot more sativa and was lanky/stretchy, kinda airy buds. I was kinda excited about that one but it ended up imo to be nothing too special.

One seed sprouted two plants, I let them grow in the same pot, took cuts (they both were female, one more like most and then the real stretch sativa) then flowered them out separately. I took cuts from all the females, rooted them, vegged them for about 1 week then 12/12'd em in 1 gal pots. Then I had the original seed mothers till I had sampled them, and decided just to keep 1 around for now..

This is a bud from my indoor run on the same plant I'm growing outside right now...

picture.php

I think it turned out pretty well, I think I've said before I don't really have much to compare it to, but its good. Nice density for a sativa dom, good crystals, nice and pretty potent buzz.. a little more body stone than the maui waui mom but not too overpowering.. dominant sativa component and an up high and I still like getting out and doing some stuff, but if its evening and I don't feel like doing as much I'll lean towards this one :)

They still have a ways to go, they were a bit late starting to flower since they didn't go out till august 1st abouts... but its fun checking them out everyday and watching the progress. fun stuff growing this plant :)

picture.php

growbig789

9/22-Plants doing good, starting to smell them from other parts of my yard. Only conern is that the bugs continue to hold off. My beans which I planted were doing great but they got infested with mites.. and they are only about 20 feet away from my plants. I've been spraying the beans with water and also the ganja with a water spray a couple times and cross my fingers so far so good.

P1010052.jpg P1010053.jpg P1010057.jpg P1010058.jpg

growbig789

I've started my fall project which is to grow out a pack of regular Mosca C99 BX1 indoors and see if I can't find anything I would like to keep.. maybe make some more seeds too. So I first started learning how to grow weed about 10 yrs ago after I was done with school. I learned just about everything from overgrow. I really wanted to heed to the "loose lips sink ships" motto, so the forums were invaluable and I pretty much kept my hobby to myself and one good friend. Anyways, after a couple mediocre grows and a failed venture, I finally felt like I was getting somewhere (funny how you look back and find out you always keep learning). So my 1st purchase of quality seeds was GN03 C99. They were the best thing I had ever grown by far, and I have preferred the characteristics of the sativa leaning plants from then on.

The old C99ers

picture.php

picture.php

I did a couple runs with the C99 and it for sure was a fave. Life changed and I quit growing for several years, so I wasn't able to keep her going. So now that I am growing a bit again, its kinda a nostalgia thing that I would like to see if I can find something like that plant again. So thats why I'm doing the c99 again. I grew out a pack of GN09 C99s but 8 males luck of the draw and the 2 females just weren't what I was looking for. Did get some seeds out of it tho and a parent for my outdoor plants now! But I liked what I had seen about the Mosca C99 and am excited to give it a try!

Since the early days :) I've always just used the paper towel method to germinate. So I've had the seeds in the fridge for 7 months, so I dumped them in water for about 10 hrs, then into paper towel inside tupperware, nice warm temp. Within just about 24 hrs from the fridge all 10 cracked open and in they went into the old standby solo cups.

P1010051.jpg P1010064.jpg P1010065.jpg

For starts I have them in fresh FFOF cut with add'l perlite and homemade worm castings about 20% volume. Here we go :)

growbig789

10/2-things are rollin along.. noticing a bit of thrip damage here and there but nothing too bad... don't notice any significant mites.. keeping up a weekly dose of fish/seaweed & a bit of molasses. It seems like I'm getting less yellowing and leaf drop than normal so I guess all that natural stuff is working :)

P1010053.jpg P1010065.jpg P1010070.jpg P1010069.jpg

Ended up with 7/10 on my C99s. I think I may have just put 3 seeds too deep, cuz after checking them out after they didn't pop up seems like they just kinda rotted. Operator error.. ugh Oh well maybe 7 is a lucky number :)

P1010076.jpg

growbig789

from 10/7-I'm finding a few aphids and mites but nothing not manageable by wiping them off or picking off a leaf here or there.. so smell on the plants right now is nice.. if I had to best describe the dominant smell :) (haha its really kinda subjective you know but still) the smell just coming off the plant and buds is like the cantaloupe that has been on the kitchen counter for a couple days and well overripe. sweet cantaloupe smell and just a little of the beginning to rot fruit smell. Rub a sugar leaf and its straight fruit punch all the way :)

More orange pistil hairs coming.. I picked a little scraggly lower branch a few days ago and tested it out tdy.. pretty damn good. little over half of a small bowl and I'm gonna need to chill for an hour or so before I get back to things :)

P1010077.jpg P1010079.jpg P1010080.jpg P1010083.jpg P1010086.jpg

growbig789

10/18-Nice and warm.. 90 degrees again tdy, but big changes coming next week. I'm gonna pull the plants this weekend if all goes according to plan.. I'm sure they could go a bit longer but with the weather change and a few other reassons I would rather get them down and taken care of.

So they are starting to lose a bit of the green.. last feed was probably almost 2 weeks ago? Lookin like they are coming down the homestretch.. not quite done but it'll do for me :)

PA180005.jpg PA180006.jpg PA180008.jpg PA180012.jpg

Inside C99's are doing good.. transplanted them from cups into 1 gals tdy and gave them all a pinch on top...

PA180002.jpg PA180004.jpg

growbig789

10/19-starting to take'em down :) its a bitch but its fun for sure.. I have to take advantage of the moments I am able to do it and i got a few hrs this aftn.. intense smell (floral/fruity/spicy) and sticky for sure, nothing but sweet organic goodness :)

Trim Scene :)

PA190007.jpg

trimmed some lowers and a couple 2nd tier colas... I only spend time on the nugs i'll want to jar and then leave the leaves around the fluffy stuff to go into the trim/edibles pile..

PA190012.jpg PA190014.jpg PA190017.jpg PA190004.jpg

I made a salve/skin cream out of some jarred bud tdy, first time ever trying it.. came out good looks wise! haven't tried it yet but have always been interested to what effects it would have

PA190018.jpg

happy harvest to all

growbig789

nice harvest

Thanks, yah it turned out pretty good... 7.5 oz bud off of 2 little cuts put out in early August. I've been a little under the weather so haven't been able to give it a real good smoke yet, but it seems to do the job :)

P1010059.jpg P1010063.jpg

Still have all the trim, hopefully this weekend I plan on making sum butter. There was just a smidge of mold on the interior of a couple of the tops, so I'm glad I pulled when I did.

C99's are coming along.. I'll take cuts of each pretty soon and then we'll see how many are girls!

P1010053.jpg P1010055.jpg

growbig789

11/17-C99's are coming along... sexed 6/7 so far 4 female 2 male one not sure yet.. up-potted the fems to 3 gals and got my bottom cabinet 400w set back up and rdy to go..

gonna let them settle in to the light and new transplant for a couple days then flip them.

PB170029.jpg PB170043.jpg

took cuts about a week ago, most are rooting..

PB170034.jpg

from a fishing trip this past weekend... early morning sunrise

P1010016.jpg

growbig789

11/24

11/24

11/24-C99's are on day 3 flowering. I am tieing them down a bit because the flowering cab is not that tall. Sometimes I'll lst the main stem but decided to just go this way this time.

They seem to be doing pretty good, I gave them a drench from a homemade ACT a few days ago.

Ended up with 5 females as the last one I wasn't sure about ended up being a girl, so 5/7 is great! 3 are a little less branchy like in the 2nd pic, then 2 of them are a bit more bushy/vigorous like in the 3rd pic.

PB220030.jpg PB240039.jpg PB240047.jpg PB240052.jpg

I'm going to attempt to do a little seed run outside in December with my little pop up greenhouse. Crossing the 2 c99 males with my other maui waui keepers and a maui waui/c99 cross from the gn09 c99 male.

PB240053.jpg PB240055.jpg

growbig789

worms

worms

I've been needing to go through and harvest/remake the worm bin. I think the worms were a little upset with me because some of them have been crawling up and looking like they wanted out. I think they were hungry actually or the material was a bit too damp.

I just use a 1/8" screen and do the put the pile of material in the light and scrape a bit off the top each time till I went through most of it. I love this stuff, use it for seedling mix, top dressing, making ACT. I get plenty for my plants and some stuff around the yard.

PB250056.jpg PB250057.jpg PB250058.jpg

I put it back together with layers of leftover material, shredded newspaper, and a scoop of yard material compost, cow manure if I have some on hand. They really like the manure and compost. Also throw the kitchen scraps in eventually.

growbig789

12/5-C99's are at 2 weeks flowering tdy. They are coming along pretty good it seems. Here's some pics...

PC050073.jpg PC050059.jpg PC050062.jpg PC050066.jpg PC050076.jpg

My outdoor seed project... cramming alot of stuff into that little greenhouse. the c99 males are looking nice with some big thick stems, also putting extra cuts from the c99 ladies in to see if I can make a few extra seeds. I'm proud of my little greenhouse, it took 50-60mph wind gusts in stride through a rough stretch of storms in the last week.

PC050079.jpg PC050080.jpg PC050082.jpg