What's new

My Soil Mix Tidied Up and Moved For More Responce

Weyenot

These get better by the day; you seem to have some practice with canopy management, its very even! Personally I enjoy tasks like that; it is another excuse to spend more time getting know the ladies;)

W89

Veteran
Tied a few branches down today just to even them out a little.. will get them out in the next day or 2 to take some whole plant pics.

picture.php

picture.php

W89

Veteran
getting there mate tomorrow is day 7 flowering when the light come on at 5pm woop woop!!! lol

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi al-k-mist not sure if this is where you intended to put this^^^

those guys advocate the 'ahimsa' brand of NSM {available from kisorganics} DTE is what i have been using and it defeats fungus gnats and will kill spider mites in a foliar spray {during lights out} perhaps lab analysis would show the ahimsa to be preferable IDK but the DTE is quite aromatic

i guess ahimsa is preferable

i have been struggling to find a reasonable resource for crab meal myself -again; kisorganics has it {shipping is what has me at bay}

Last edited:

W89

Veteran
I use the ahimsa neem and I made my crab meal from a whole crab... crab shells are cheap they are a waste product....you just need to crush them up

W89

Veteran
good to see you indeed FTI hope you will enjoy the show! Today is day 8 so another week and things should start to develop :)

On another note I installled new bulbs today. got some CMH's 1 x 250 and 2 x 150.. these are under the 250 and I have some seedlings veging in the top level of the wardrobe under a 150 i'm debaringwether to flower under 400w and veg with the 150 or just keep to 250 and use the 300in the top level

C

CulturedHeathen

Very nice W. As a fellow recent-convert I share your awe in plant health achieved with "soil" and various composts, extracts, ACT's and shits. And whatnots. Etc... Anyhow, it's pretty sweet and fun.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
hi al-k-mist not sure if this is where you intended to put this^^^

those guys advocate the 'ahimsa' brand of NSM {available from kisorganics} DTE is what i have been using and it defeats fungus gnats and will kill spider mites in a foliar spray {during lights out} perhaps lab analysis would show the ahimsa to be preferable IDK but the DTE is quite aromatic

{kinda thinking neem all comes from the same place}

i have been struggling to find a reasonable resource for crab meal myself -again; kisorganics has it {shipping is what has me at bay}
xmobotx

DTE - conventionally grown & processed in China
Ahimsa - organically grown & processed in India

Ahimsa has 3x the levels of pesticide and fungicide compounds and that's from their own filings with EPA

DTE distributes the meal from the Dyna-Grow neem oil operation. Dyna-Grow Neem oil is also 1/3 on the compound levels of Ahimsa neem and even the karanja oil

Ahimsa cost less for the meal as well as the oil. In the case of the oil it's not even close

CC

W89

Veteran
Cootz are you saying that I could just use my ahimsa neem meal in a botanical tea instead of "neem oil" I have the Dyna gro neem oil too.... they send me a freebie along with protekt but I havent use it yet been spaying once a week with neem botanical tea just as a preventative..

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
W89

Sorry but this will have to be in US weights & measures - dumb-ass Americans anyway! LOL

5 gallons of water

1/2 cup kelp meal & 1/2 cup of neem meal. Bubble for a couple of days, strain & drain. Apply full strength to the soil and drench the plants form top to bottom. Kelp contains compounds which inhibit insect eggs from hatching.

This is a good maintenance recipe - if you have an outbreak I would use neem oil.

CC

nice garden W89, small but very nice. i bet you can't wait to get to a bigger spot! that wardrobe is a sweet little closet for clones, i think i'm gonna convert mine!

W89

Veteran
W89

Sorry but this will have to be in US weights & measures - dumb-ass Americans anyway! LOL

5 gallons of water

1/2 cup kelp meal & 1/2 cup of neem meal. Bubble for a couple of days, strain & drain. Apply full strength to the soil and drench the plants form top to bottom. Kelp contains compounds which inhibit insect eggs from hatching.

This is a good maintenance recipe - if you have an outbreak I would use neem oil.

CC

Cool coot I was using a mix of 2 tsp each of kelp neem and alfalfa per 6 liters and bubbling for 36 hours.. maybe that mix can be upped now they are bigger.. will check how many tsp in a cup to double check ;)

nice garden W89, small but very nice. i bet you can't wait to get to a bigger spot! that wardrobe is a sweet little closet for clones, i think i'm gonna convert mine!

Yeah small but well formed lol.. needs must and havent got anywhere to grow with more space atm! soon enough I will be back at it,but for personal reasons I am not wanting pocket fulls of cash either too temping to spend on things I shouldnt be

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DTE - conventionally grown & processed in China
Ahimsa - organically grown & processed in India

thanks for bringing me up to speed here

so; essentially - the DTE is 'suitable for organic application' BUT it isnt organically sourced

ahimsa lights up ALL the indicators then :thank you:

w89 i have used neem seed meal {DTE} in water to foliar {never even seen the oil}

i put something like a tsp/cup of water stirred it; let it sit over night; stir it then strain and dilut that about 4 to 1 in the spray bottle w/ some aloe and a couple drops of eucalyptus oil

this mixture has set plants back from spraying during lights on {though @ the time i didnt know why}

what rock dust paper?

Last edited: