What's new

My seed whore adventures. Where bad idea's are born.

TheDarkStorm

Hah! were u got em from?
yes, I made those.

just telling you ahead that you have to expect issues with that setup.
I've had a grow in an attic room once and never again, had room temps down to 0°C in January.
pots almost starting to freeze

adding insulation is good, HPS in that case is also good.
you should still run a tent in there and recycle the HPS air during cold months, while using the heater at lights off.
It's a room in room concept, which works much better than just everything in the open.
trust me, been trying it all

give her the boot!
I grew in someones atic once....in winter...went down to minus 15 (showing on the metee in the grow area)an around those sort of temps halfway to end of flower (4 weeks)..some how the plants still grew ok....I did have a heating element in the water an a electric blanket on the floor under the pots, not that it made much diffrence...guess just stopped them completely freezing up...an a couple of hid 600 but in that sort of tempreture the heat they were giving off was non existent with most about hitting the area 5cm above them an any further away an underneath you could feel nothing..but bar that were practically exposed to the elements....I was surprised I pulled it off....though not recommend like you say.

Good luck 420pyros, hope your able to grow some great stuff.

420PyRoS

I grew in someones atic once....in winter...went down to minus 15 (showing on the metee in the grow area)an around those sort of temps halfway to end of flower (4 weeks)..some how the plants still grew ok....I did have a heating element in the water an a electric blanket on the floor under the pots, not that it made much diffrence...guess just stopped them completely freezing up...an a couple of hid 600 but in that sort of tempreture the heat they were giving off was non existent with most about hitting the area 5cm above them an any further away an underneath you could feel nothing..but bar that were practically exposed to the elements....I was surprised I pulled it off....though not recommend like you say.

Good luck 420pyros, hope your able to grow some great stuff.
Awesome man!
I appreciate your input as with others.

I love a good challenge so maybe I should call this project man vs nature.

I'll be sure to wrap/insulate everything up tight as I can. I think half the fun will be the challenge for sure.

You give me a few good ideas from your experience I may work off of.

If I fail, well, so be it. Not as if I'll run out of herb or anything since I'm cut off from it via the wife's orders. Got a ton of seeds to burn also.

I will probably leap off this into an outdoor grow come next spring.

Cheers!

Hmong

Veteran
I will probably leap off this into an outdoor grow come next spring
that's the right mindset! there you go!

once gardening, you will find it much easier to just keep it going, than to start over again.
theoretically you could do 2 indoor runs in the shed before April and then move outside for the season.

we know from attic grows, that cold is much easier to handle than heat, and growing there in summer is just not worth it, as you could be outside instead.

Just get all your mostly Indica seeds together and start sprouting them now
until mid September you can still use the sunlight for vegging them.
gives you a deadline to get the shed ready, and something to keep alive before going big, so you are already in the gardening process.

good luck

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
nice! those are authentic

full

full

full
How any ounces were those main colas dried?

420PyRoS

that's the right mindset! there you go!

once gardening, you will find it much easier to just keep it going, than to start over again.
theoretically you could do 2 indoor runs in the shed before April and then move outside for the season.

we know from attic grows, that cold is much easier to handle than heat, and growing there in summer is just not worth it, as you could be outside instead.

Just get all your mostly Indica seeds together and start sprouting them now
until mid September you can still use the sunlight for vegging them.
gives you a deadline to get the shed ready, and something to keep alive before going big, so you are already in the gardening process.

good luck
Good advice thank you!

I'm just doing a plant or two in the shed for the first run as there's not a whole lot of space at the moment in there. I have a good chunk of real estate to use on the one side but that's about it. It's just enough I'd say to be comfortable.

I'll start getting some supplies maybe next week to put this horrible idea together.

I find the cold is way easier to manage than heat also. I've ran quite few summers indoors with no A/C and had lots of issues in the last 4 weeks of flower pretty much every time.

I did my first outdoor last year by pre vegging indoors and man they got so big. Right smack in the middle of the city and no one touched em :)

I'll try and find some pics in full flower. I moved since this grow so I'm still digging up files I put somewhere.

Let's just say there was no space in between those plants like the pic here once they were fully grown :greenstars:

20210703_115623.jpg

420PyRoS

Well, small update.

I have two seed orders on the way from an old pal, Dusty from Cannaventure.

I can't say exactly what I got because the guy always surprises me with a ton of extras.

I can tell ya what I know.
Pure ECSD
Pure Irene
Pure Arcata Trainwreck
Pure Thin mints

I'll let yas know the other 4 or so when they arrive.

Thx Dusty!

Last edited:

420PyRoS

Well, small update.

I have two seed orders on the way from an old pal, Dusty from Cannaventure.

I can't say exactly what I got because the guy always surprises me with a ton of extras.

I can tell ya what I know.
Pure ECSD
Pure Irene
Pure Arcata Trainwreck
Pure Thin mints

I'll let yas know the other 4 or so when they arrive.

Thx Dusty!
Throwback!!

Moxie 710 Grape Kush

20170203_195858.jpg
20170203_195833.jpg
20170127_171037a.jpg
20170127_191758.jpg

420PyRoS

Well, wife is away, this grower/toker will play.

Sitting here having a joint, a rarity these days.

I have been dealing with issues charging my phone. The charge port went wonky on me a while back when drywalling, and it takes close to 6 hours to charge now. Even worse, I can barely connect my hard drive to get photos from all my previous grows with the connection cutting out.

Whatever man, I got a joint in hand.

Central A/C has crapped out in my house also. Lost/leaked its refrigerant/charge I'm sure. This is priority now as we had a few hot days! 🔥

Anyways, trying to sort out shed and find a small tent packed away, which I think is a 2'x4' to setup.

Moxie 710 Viper Cookies throwback.

20161228_201708.jpg

Hmong

Veteran
you got a scedule in mind already? for setting up the grow?

2x4 tent sounds alright to start. 8 plants, easy

420PyRoS

you got a scedule in mind already? for setting up the grow?

2x4 tent sounds alright to start. 8 plants, easy
Not yet, all depends on funds/supplies and time at this point. I work 12 hour shifts which doesn't help.

I'm thinking just two plants for now to keep it easy on me. Then get 4 going next spring outside.

420PyRoS

was thinking about a couple of smaller ones in a 2x4
to save veg time and get you to your bud quicker, with also Winter in mind.

Oh boy, seems they own you! :(
I couldn't imagine working a job anymore
Yeah I was gonna keep it small with the same idea. Just so I can taste/try some of my pollen chuck beans at least. I suppose I could always throw in a few extra plants :) I have some schromfrost f2's I repro'd for a fellow on GMC. 4 males and 2 female open pollination. The one female was just absolutely mind bending potent. Strongest stuff I've ever had tbh, and this was at a time of very high tolerance when I smoked her after removing her seeds.

ALSO

I have MOB OG x Reservoir sour diesel f6 ibl I chucked.

Some MOB OGx schromfrost f1 from the 4 schromfrost males

MOB OG x Turquoise jeep (crazy ass stretching male) i swear it stretched for 4 plus weeks.

(Swazi x Mulanje) x Reservoir Sour diesel f6

I find that's the exciting part. Finding something unique or down right tasty.

Oh yeah, I have been a work bitch since I was in my teens. Just second nature to breathing at this point. I do like the $$$ though and it's gotten me far, at least until my wife burns it all to the ground with her bs.

She just cost me $15,000 today.
Yay.

Latest posts

Latest posts