What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My secrets of success with True AFs.

• Thread starter IceColdCrickets
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nolimit2136

has anyone ever tried buying soil/nutes online? i looked around and im not too sure if there are many stores that carry Black and gold rose and flower and the Fox farm

has anyone ever tried buying soil/nutes online? i looked around and im not too sure if there are many stores that carry Black and gold rose and flower and the Fox farm
Man we cant find the Black Gold anywhere on east coast and they dont sell it on there website..not even on ebay:dunno:..just google fox farm products and u should find several retailer's...

N

nolimit2136

Man we cant find the Black Gold anywhere on east coast and they dont sell it on there website..not even on ebay:dunno:..just google fox farm products and u should find several retailer's...

hahhahahaha my thoughts exactly man, i cried when i looked at the retailers only to find west coast :( . i emailed them asking how i could purchase some of their products, maybe they'll mail me asap. if i have to go with the fox farm should i use the peace of mind nutes or the happy frog? any input would be greatly appreciated guys!

hey ICC,
If I remember correctly, I think I heard you say you were experimenting with a new tea that will be more readily available to the general public?
Thought I read that somewhere.
If so, how is it going?

I

IceColdCrickets

hey ICC,
If I remember correctly, I think I heard you say you were experimenting with a new tea that will be more readily available to the general public?
Thought I read that somewhere.
If so, how is it going?

so far going well, need to do more testing, to be sure of problems that may be hiding from me. I will let everyone know when it is ready.

ICC

H

hukkahtokes

how long can you keep the brewed tea?

how long can you keep the brewed tea?

reason i ask is cause i made some up the the other day and shit happened and i wasn't able to water the girls till like a day and a half later and when i started to use the tea it smelled rank. and was turning black it stayed in a room at about 65-70 F. so i just made a new batch and let it brew for 6 hours befor use.

I

IceColdCrickets

3 days is the cut off, otherwise you might get large doses of bacteria that you DONT want in your soil. It would have been ok to use the Day and half old TEA. Just is best to use fresh.

ICC

Presto_D

This thread is wonderfully simple and informative!
I read part of it when I first joined, but now that I've been lurking for a couple weeks soaking up information, it makes so much more sense.

I am embarking on my first grow this year, and I have so much to learn! I will be sharing my successes and failures both. Hopefully I will see more success than failure with the excellent information in these forums.

I think I have most of the bare necessities, and I have some questions.

I have some AF Hindu Kush seeds, and my SO is cool with me growing outdoors. But I'm thinking for best results I should have them indoors on 24/7 light for their first few weeks, and then go outdoors.

My question is, when do they begin to stink, usually? Is it the buds since they are flowers that have the aroma? Or would a plant around the time it's showing sex be stinky too?
I want to give my future babies their best start in a stealthy cabinet in the house before they go out, but I won't take that chance if the smell will give me awway in those first 3-4 weeks.

GlassHoler

Hey Presto, Not to hijack ICC's thread but i'm currently growing Diesel Ryders. They are supposed to be some of the strongest smelling autos out there right now. At 3 weeks we can kind of smell them outside of the box, but the aroma isn't overpowering. I would say if you have any kind of vent on your stealth box you should be fine IMHO.

Again, just one first timer to another. Goodluck man! :smokeit:

Presto_D

Hmm, that is one reason I passed on buying anything with "Ryder" in the name.
I wish i'd waited to order seeds until I knew what I was doing a bit more. Now I'm lusting after some Mossy Jems. But I don't think it matters too much what I start with, it will be a learning process. And it sounds like they're a bit hard to come by.

Unfortunately I wasn't planning any sort of venting. Literally a cabinet with the door cracked for power cords to 4 CFL and a small fan, with a blanket over everything to keep light leaks to a minimum.
Thanks for your help, Glassholer. :) And huge thanks for this thread, ICC!

GlassHoler

Ya dude, thats what I meant. Mine are supposed to be awful, but I can barely smell them up close at three weeks. Depending on how stealth you need, I'm sure a box like yours will smell up whatever room its in, but I highly doubt it will have a house penetrating odor at 3-4 weeks.

Goodluck man, and I'm sure that Kush will be great!

Yada

Hello everyone,

Due to bad luck with my first grow, time constraints (not enough time to finish a regular strain from seed) and the fact that I'm not gonna let all the effort that went into building a decent cab go to waste, I've decided starting over with an autoflowering strain would be the best route at this point. (feminized Easy Ryder by Joint Doctor.) I'm going to switch from hempy buckets to soil because for some reason soil just seems better to me for an autoflower.

I'm getting FFOF soil and (hopefully) peace of mind Fruit & Flower, if not the Happy Frog stuff that was supposed to replace it. My concern stems from the multiple reports of people burning their seedlings by placing them directly in FFOF soil. Would it be a good idea to mix the FFOF with some perlite at the start, and then transplant into pure FFOF? I want to stay as safe as possible in regards to burning these, because if I mess them up I won't have another chance to do this for a long while. I've been trying to find a precise answer to this for a while. I've been reading through this thread and trying to find it other places but on a whole my efforts have been inconclusive. It seems like some people swear by the stuff and others swear that it will burn anything it comes in contact with.

Thanks

Flying Goat

Yada - AFs dislike transplanting (most of them). What I would do is, put your soil in the container, then hollow out the space of a beer cup, fill this with perlite/soil mix 50/50. Then plant your seed. The non-fert soil surrounding the baby roots should work like a "buffer" until there is enuf root growth for them to handle ferts...

You will ALWAYS prefer the qualities of an organic smoke over chemical ferts - hands down...

Good luck.

*mr.mike*

Yada - AFs dislike transplanting (most of them).

You will ALWAYS prefer the qualities of an organic smoke over chemical ferts - hands down...

Good luck.

No. Autos, at least ones based on lr, lr2, masterlow, powerstout, among others, don't mind being transplanted, or potted up. They seem to actually thrive on it. Once their roots start to fill the bottom of a container, they readily grow into a next size up. The more their roots develop in the pot, the more they seem to thrive, even in smaller containers.

Also, the differences between "chem" and organic are oft disputed.

But it's nice having an opinion!

Bighill

I am on the organics train, with the goat. I get ZERO black in my ash with little flushing, they get teas right up to the end if they need it. I cannot stand the chem whores who fert the stuff up so bad i need to buy a new bic with my erb. Totaly ridiculous, and the head ache to go with it, yay.

Dunno about you but i can taste the difference as well.

Growth on the other hand, that is another matter.

Till then, that is my first hand opinion.
Bh.

Flying Goat

No. Autos, at least ones based on lr, lr2, masterlow, powerstout, among others, don't mind being transplanted, or potted up. They seem to actually thrive on it. Once their roots start to fill the bottom of a container, they readily grow into a next size up. The more their roots develop in the pot, the more they seem to thrive, even in smaller containers.

Also, the differences between "chem" and organic are oft disputed.

But it's nice having an opinion!

Thanks for setting me straight, Mike... I've done more investigating & you're exactly right!

Cheers.

I

IceColdCrickets

The Earth Juice Test Grow will start in a few days. I will compare it next to the FoxFarm TEA method. Smoke results and everything will be there.

ICC

Status
Not open for further replies.