What's new

My secrets of success with True AFs.

• Thread starter IceColdCrickets
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IceColdCrickets

well, im not using black and gold rose and lower, im using happy frog fruit and flower. i just read the back and it said the 5.00% nitrogen is NON SOLUBLE, grr i wish my hydro store didnt sell out of the peace of mind stuff.

i dunno if you experienced burning with your run or just some minor chlorosis from a deficiency early on?

EDIT: pics are in my thread so i dont clutter yours

thats cool man but you can post them here to,, i took a look at them ,, how often are you watering between feedings? Are you keeping the correct moisture level in the soil,,, As that crap you are having looks totally like lack of moisture stress, Not N def.

ICC:tree:

the.rise

im letting em sit for 48-72 hours between waterings, i dont have a probe to check the moisture deep down in the soil but about an inch down i usually feel a change in soil composition with the tip of my finger. the air in the room is at a really low moisture level but i assumed that would only help me combat budrot

the thing that made me really believe it couldnt be moisture stress is that the yellowing advanced after my second tea application, where i thought id see the problem slow down. I'm hoping its just moisture stress and not N being locked out from the abundance of p and k that is being absorbed.

Roortokeage

Hey ICC, a buddy of myne said that TRUE AFs can be grown under 24/0 there whole cycle, and that the dark produces stretch. SO what do you say on this?

GlassHoler

Your welcome, glad you found it to help you out.
ICC:tree:

Will the 150w HPS do ok if we stick close to a 5" square pot size and do this run with just 9 plants?

Also, I have read quite a few posts about the massive smell we can expect from the DR's. Our box is being built in a shower, with a bathroom vent above that vents directly outside into our smelly town. I plan on building the box completely enclosed onto that vent, and we will have a few things in the small bathroom (curtains, etc) to hopefully prevent the smell from escaping. Since the initial run has to be on a budget, we are hoping to not install a scruber unless we absolutly have too. Are we looking at having a major smell retention problem?

*also* we are planning on running a small set of Sour 60 along side the DR, which I can only assume will add to the smell issue.

Thanks for the help! Happy Holidaze!

ronbo51

Veteran
Odor control is essential. One way or another you must eliminate all odor so that no one can smell anything unusual. Thats one of the rules. Contain your light 100%. Tell no one.
Don't leave any growing supplies anywhere visible to anyone. Ever.

I

IceColdCrickets

Hey ICC, a buddy of myne said that TRUE AFs can be grown under 24/0 there whole cycle, and that the dark produces stretch. SO what do you say on this?

of course the True AFs can be grown under 24/0, I use the 20/4 period because it encourages more healthy growth. I encourage some stretching as I have the room to do so, it opens up the plants helping the light penatrate to lower areas. And whos to say that the stretching isnt the natural representation of the genotype that is AF? I mean, the AF gene came from a Ruderalis plant in the high north, even they experienced some darkness each day. So running under the 24/0 you very well maybe stunting there TRUE growth pattern/stucture ie, the stretch.

And out of the 1000s of AFs done in 24/0 and 20/4, the quality of the end product of the 20/4 was usually better.

ICC

i luv people with 20 nutes to there arsenol who get deficencies. cracks me up how some of u guys make growing a weed much like a dill or basil so dam complex-

I

IceColdCrickets

i luv people with 20 nutes to there arsenol who get deficencies. cracks me up how some of u guys make growing a weed much like a dill or basil so dam complex-

You are always Negative in other threads, so get the Hell out of MINE!:thanks:

ICC.

Capt. Sunshine

I have been following this method and my plants are at day 17. I repotted them today out of solo cups to larger containers. I had planned to give them their next tea on Tuesday. Do I still give them the tea on Tues despite their fresh FFOF in their pots?
Thanks!

I

IceColdCrickets

I have been following this method and my plants are at day 17. I repotted them today out of solo cups to larger containers. I had planned to give them their next tea on Tuesday. Do I still give them the tea on Tues despite their fresh FFOF in their pots?
Thanks!

Yes, continue with the Mild TEA, what Food are you using the Fox Farm peace of mind,, happy frog,, or the BlackGold?

ICC, please post your pics up here or make a thread!

Capt. Sunshine

ICC, thanks for the info. I'll feed the mild tea on tues. I'm using the Peace of Mind Fruit and Flower. So far this method has worked great and is easy to follow. I'll post pics once I can take some decent ones. I was able to sex 3 of the 5 today as females. The other 2 are not showing yet (one is a runt the other I just cant see any female pre-flowers).
Thanks again!

I

IceColdCrickets

ICC, thanks for the info. I'll feed the mild tea on tues. I'm using the Peace of Mind Fruit and Flower. So far this method has worked great and is easy to follow. I'll post pics once I can take some decent ones. I was able to sex 3 of the 5 today as females. The other 2 are not showing yet (one is a runt the other I just cant see any female pre-flowers).
Thanks again!

hey what strains you doing anyway?

I

IceColdCrickets

Hey thanks Mossy! Love your work in your thread. Keep it up! So, whats the next strain you focusing on making IBL?

the.rise

black gold is getting to be difficult to find on the east coast.. or on online stores that will ship to the east coast.

if anybody has an online store i could order some black gold products from id appreciate a PM or a post in thread =)

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey there..
I have a question for ya..
Where can I get FoxFarm soil in Canada and if not, what other choices do I have?
I used Miracle grow this time and its been a nightmare...
Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.