What's new

my (potential) grow cab

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Nice job with the LST!! Just a beautiful plant you have bro..very nice indeed..
how did the fan fall off? not that it matters but I might learn from it..I have 1 hanging too, blowing on the lights...
Thanks and take care

Nice job with the LST!! Just a beautiful plant you have bro..very nice indeed..
how did the fan fall off? not that it matters but I might learn from it..I have 1 hanging too, blowing on the lights...
Thanks and take care
the fan fell off because it was only held with hot glue and duct tape. it put a lot of pressure on the bond since it was holding up so much weight and it was unevenly distributed. i solved this problem by screwing an eyelet screw into my cab and tying hemp to it. i then tied the hemp to the tops of the fans through the screw holes...never had any other problems. just had to divert that weight. if you have yours securely screwed in and such, there should be no problems.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
i thought you figured out that it did work and that it was 2 fans stacked directly on top of each other that didn't work??

Sorry for the late reply Happy, but no it didn't work. It had a good delta fan which is more powerful than most fans even when they're stacked, and essentially no air came through at all. I could barely feel it on the hairs on the back of my hand - probably not even 1 cfm.

On either of my other (big) filters, I'm guessing only a few cfm come through if you measured just one small area the size of what you plan, so when you multiply that by many times to make the full area of the filters, the few cfm in a small area adds up to a lot of cfm overall through the filter. Hmmm not sure if that makes sense but it's hard to explain.

Basically if you reduce the thickness so more cfm go through, well, it wouldn't be filtering the air. Like, I can barely feel any air coming through the big filters because it's moving so slowly, yet it still blows a lot of cfm overall because it's coming out slowly over a large area. And it has to be like that to filter the smell - the carbon needs time to do it's work.

I forget how many cfm my commercial filter is rated for, but lets say it's 100cfm. If I hooked up a 200cfm fan to it, it would be too much for the carbon to handle, which is the same thing that you would have if you used a small area and lowered the thickness so a fan or fans could push your required cfm through.

thanks for the reply anyway, scrub.

love the new look IC has.

decided to take a look at my other plant right now...amber trichs are popping up and the yield will be measly at best. i think i'm going to chop it and just make it all into hash here in a week or so...better start flushing too. the buds are tiny and embarrassing, but proof that marijuana will grow even under shitty conditions.

also, guys, final dry weight was around 18g and i also made a half gram of hash from the first plant.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Still great results bro!!!
have'nt seen you around in awhile till your post..great to hear from you!!!
Take care

yo guys, redesigning the cab and preparing to move. expect a thread within the next few weeks. i'm going to order a few things this time around since i'm moving...

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hope you have a safe move..moving sucks but a bud will cure that problem:)
looking forward to your new thread!!!!!!!!!!
take care

nomi

Happy, saw your comment on my thread so I decided to visit your first grow. Dude this is amazing. Seriously. For your first grow, and bagseed... I hope my first grow goes half as well as yours has. Vist me here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=179530

And considering how much stress your put those girls through in the beginning, I'm starting to get really excited cause the only real problems I've had so far are two or three tiny little yellow spots on like two leaves. Aside from that my first borns are looking real nice and I have no clue what the fuck I'm doing. lol

You folks who've been advising him through this, please come visit my thread. I need the advice and support. Thanks to all of you in advance.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=179530

hey man thanks for the kind words. this is a product of experimenting just to see what works; it happened to turn out quite well. i'll go ahead and check your thread out, i've learned so much from my first grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts