What's new

My new vert flower room

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
It's strain/pheno dependent. Some plants will throw a couple of nanners and then be safe the rest of the grow. Some throw nanners late in flower. Some throw nanners in the beginning and the end of flower.

It takes time to know your strain.

If you're completely dependent on this grow being seed free... I'd chop her and run it again some time when it wasn't so critical. If you can stand a few seeds, make your own choice.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks Hydro-Soil I will keep a eye on it and see how it goes. I don't have to have it, but I don't want to kill it without good cause. It will be about 4 ounces worth of harvest in 30 days.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
OK last pic for the day. I finished cleaning the ladies up today. These are now at day 38 out of a sixty day run.
picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks Mega. If you look in the background it is comprised of some of my clones for the end of February. All labeled with colored popsicle sticks I got from the dollar store. 160 for a buck.

D

DHF

OK last pic for the day. I finished cleaning the ladies up today. These are now at day 38 out of a sixty day run.
picture.php
Great job Bro......Just think how much you`d have come harvey if all of the screens were filled...all the lumens lost behind the plants where buds could be thriving......that`s where dialin strain and vegtime to create the proper complete canopy comes in till end of stretch and swellage begins till end of cycle.....

Respect on the fan strippin ......Bitches are clean and a PERFECT example of how ALL fans needta go after swellage is in full swing till harvey........

Good luck Icky....Wishin good things fer yas in the comin yr....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks Fred. One thing you can't tell in the picture is that the buds have been let go from the screen in spots. The screens were fuller till I stripped them and pushed some of the buds closer to the light. I think I will get close to 30 oz from this run. Not quite 1 gram per watt but moving closer every run. I keep learning from poster like you and many others here.

picture.php

picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So the power went off today for 2 hours at 5 and a half hours into the day cycle. Stupid power company said they had a shorted line somewhere in the neighborhood. So now I am waiting for my normal flip to reset my timers. Luckily this strain doesn't hermie often. I have four plants that I will have to watch now, but not the rest.

bobblehead

Veteran
Does everyone agree that heavy trimming in the late flowering stages is beneficial? It just seems so weird to see them bare like that.

Not everyone agrees... But those who understand the plant physiology generally accept fan leaf removal in late flower as a good practice. ;)

Ichy... When the power goes out, all ya need is 12hs of consistent darkness before you turn the light back on. Darkness won't stress the girls out, it's the light disturbing the darkness...

When a plant reverses and throws nanners, that is a result of stress. Some plants are more easily stressed than others. Once you resolve the stressor, and the plant is happy again, the nanners should stop or at least slow down. Some genetics always throw nanners, like chemD... Finicky bitch... But when u piss the plant off, it really throws nanners and makes u wish u never had it in your garden.

Just keep dialing away... I've given upon achieving a perfect grow. Just do the best you can, cause something will always go wrong.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That ChemD sounds like my T-Haze...finicky fuckers are frying my fairly bald fairhead!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I unfortunately have some chem d crosses in there. I have left the lights off so they will get about 19 hours of light before the lights go back on. First thing I did was click all the switches that run those lights. Glad I wired switches in, makes it so easy to kill all my ballast in one spot when the lights go out.

Dj if you trim makes sure your plants are not still stretching. It makes your buds small if you trim to early. They will still fatten up but they will be shorter than they could have been had you trimmed after stretch. Nothing like a 3/4 inch bud that should have 2 inches long so get them after they finish stretching. I have found my buds fill in better by trimming the fans at about the last 2 weeks. Makes a more solid better looking bud. Of course if your bud is naturally airy it won't cure it completely.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So this morning at 3:20 AM I was resetting all my timers because the power went out again yesterday. This time for 14 hours. All night I sat at the kitchen table yelling at every dang car that stopped to ask the power company workers "hey how much longer". Well not all night because every so often I went down to use a turkey baster to get air into my bubble cloner water. Hope I don't lose anything because of the power going out two days in a row. What the hell I am like the fourth person that I know of in the vert section that has lost power in the last month. Crap where is my tinfoil hat when I need it the most.:hide:

D

DHF

Icky....You`ll be fine....bet on it...

The only thing I know is what`s happened to me and I`ve had power off at locations for 3-4 days at a time in the spring from big ass thunderstorms and tornado`s tearin shit up , but when all was restored and equipment was back up and hoonin.....

They never checked up cuz they`d been in sleep mode best I can describe it , or I`d have lost 1000`s of plants over the yrs....but as far as hermies go from that shit....?....

It`s definitely strain related as earlier talked about but it`s mostly stress induced by not dialing environment from my experience over the yrs , although I never got any seeds from power outages but it`s been talked about many times bout nanners spittin sterile pollen the later in flower that they form , so there yas go....things that make yas go hmmmm....

My Clone only Chem D`s never spit a nanner that I saw as long as I ran em till shutdown , but did exhibit the variegated bullshit so called TMV tendencies with bleached fans on 1 side and green and yellow streaks/interveinal chlorosis on the other side till I dialed the bitches Cal/Mag whore ass needs ftw.....then.....

She started pumpin out da dank like my old school mex skunk hybrid.....so...moral of the story.....

Bitches gotta eat....find out what it takesta pump every gram yas can squeeze out of em and then yas`ll be happy...

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Last edited:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IC Arminus and I lived through 4 (or more) days of NO power just earlier this year.

BUT I have a generator and gro-bro had to babysit that bitch cuz it's gas tank only runs for two hours...and I was still out on the road.....the USD is one tough bitch and everything survived...sorry to hear about your power issues.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks guys. I think I will be OK since both rooms received at least 12 hour of no light. They only got about 5-6 hours of light each when the light was on. The temp went down to 60 degrees though. So I will just keep a eye out for hermies. The one room is 1/2 done next week and the rest in that room in a month. The other room is done in 2-1/2 weeks. Between the rooms I do have a strain that don't care what you do it will not hermie. It is a little over half of the plants so I will lose very little if any.:dance013: