What's new

My new vert flower room

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Yes the jack's is a powder. It also has the micros in it. The MKP is just potassium and phosphorus. One of each. The MKP is used as a bloom booster. The yara adds calcium and nitrogen.

Yeh my water is hard hard. I use hydrochloric acid to clean the toilets occasionally when the scale is built up.

Here is a link to what the JAck's has in it:

http://www.jrpeters.com/Products/Hydroponics.html

Here is a link to the MKP:

http://customhydronutrients.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_46_29&products_id=5

As you can see the MKP is 0-52-34

bobblehead

Veteran
ok, so then week 5 I would suggest 50% jack's and 50% MKP, then week 6 25% jacks and 75% MPK, weeks 8 and 9 only MKP at a low EC like 1.2, and then flush for a week. You want to phase out the jack's classic completely to get all the N out. Thanks for helping me out with those links.

and as far as those sideways leaning colas... have you seen what Marlo did recently?
picture.php

except you're room is bigger, and you'll be able to get in there and trim up all those small auxiliary buds inside the canopy that aren't receiving light.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
ok, so then week 5 I would suggest 50% jack's and 50% MKP, then week 6 25% jacks and 75% MPK, weeks 8 and 9 only MKP at a low EC like 1.2, and then flush for a week. You want to phase out the jack's classic completely to get all the N out. Thanks for helping me out with those links.

and as far as those sideways leaning colas... have you seen what Marlo did recently?
picture.php

except you're room is bigger, and you'll be able to get in there and trim up all those small auxiliary buds inside the canopy that aren't receiving light.

When should I phase out the calcium nitrate. I have chelated calcium so I could still get that in or I could just add a cal mag solution to replace the calcium.

No I have not seen Marlos grow I will have to locate it, didn't know he had a new grow. Yes I can always move my screens if I had to get to the middle if I needed to. I do it when I clean the floor and some times when I trim the fan leaves off.

No problem on the links I am here to get my grows the best I can. Thanks again.

bobblehead

Veteran
I phase out calcium nitrate after week 4... There should be enough in Jack's classic and stored in the coco to carry you through the rest of flower... The plant is busy storing nutrients during stretch and early onset of bud formation. It's turning the fertilizer into carbohydrates that are stored in the roots and buds. The plants only need so many micronutrients, but they eat a lot of macronutrients... So that's why I tell you to only add back MKP later in flower, b/c the plant only needs those macros. That's also helps to flush the root zone, b/c the P and K will pull micros into the plant with them. I would also stop adding the drip clean when you stop using Jack's Classic. If you're removing the micros, then there's nothing to worry about building up.

That pic is from Marlo's W.o.W. thread in the grow diaries.

I'm gone for a few days now... So I'll leave you alone... ha ha...

woolybear

Veteran
bobble, thanks for the info on cleaning up the shit under the screen.

i use jack's blossom booster. its 10-30-20. With micronutrients.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
OK so I looked at Marlos and took some pictures of my grow. Here is a couple pictures of my grow.

As you can see I have them leaning in toward the light. I have been doing this for a while now. I still am learning which bud sites to clip at the back that bobble talked about earlier. I am working on that though and soon I will be able to come to terms with removing them. Yes I am a popcorn bud addict.

On to other things. For the last month I have had stunted growth. I was not sure what it was. Well I have been having PH issues. About 2 weeks ago I noticed my meter was not keeping calibration very well. So I ordered a new probe. In the mean time I bought some drops. The problem I have is telling accurate PH with them. So I went about calibrating my meter with every use. Well that didn't work. I ordered 2 new meters and they came today. After checking and adjusting the new meters I checked the PH of the solutions I had mixed up on hand. the lowest was 6.2 and the highest was 6.5 So I went and adjusted all my mixes and flushed all my plants today. Hopefully the plants will come back soon as I have nothing to go into flower yet and I cut down my last plants in flower next week.

Grizz

Veteran
bobble hit it out of the park, i have been doing practicly the same thing the last few months, i need to trim more under growth but it does get over welming trying to water, clone , chop, transplant . this is a full time job, not a hobby

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Looks interesting! As long as you keep veg times short, no reason it shouldn't work...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Looks interesting! As long as you keep veg times short, no reason it shouldn't work...

I plan on flipping them in about 2 days. I was going to drop (2) 600 watt bulbs in the middle as well. I just noticed that I only filled about 32-40 inches of my screens and thought I would see if I could use more of my height by double stacking them. Two 600's will not jack the heat up to much more and should give me light from multiple angles. And hopefully better penetration. I also put the reflectex on the back of the screens.

Those PVC racks are a very nice build. Props. Funny, I was just thinking about PVC this AM since I need a temp shelf with a kinda funny base. Looks like the hold the weight with no problem. Now I need to read your thread from the start.

Nice job.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Those PVC racks are a very nice build. Props. Funny, I was just thinking about PVC this AM since I need a temp shelf with a kinda funny base. Looks like the hold the weight with no problem. Now I need to read your thread from the start.

Nice job.
They are holding 5 gallon bags of coco. I didn't show how these were built but in the second page I show the single screen.

If you look closely you can see that the bags rest on a wire rack so the bottom of the bag gets some air circulation as well as the sides. I think I stunted some plants by letting them sit in water to long. So I made the wire racks and went to cloth bags to see if that helps the root ball grow to it's max amount.

Bobble I just stole some info from your grows and others here on IC. Just trying to get my grow to a higher level. Thanks for the compliment though.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have not been on here for a while so I thought I would post a couple pictures of a plant I am chopping tonight.

picture.php

picture.php

On the second picture you can see the crush can in the upper left corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Nice IC, looks a lot more filled in then the last time I was over here. Looking nice and chunky.

Keep it green homey.

aod

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks guys. This plant was given to me and I just flowered it out. Back when we had the power outages because of the snow storms 100,000 people in my area lost power. My buddy was one of them and he had no room for this plant in his flower room so he gave it to me. I was one of the fortunate 30% in my area that did not lose power. since I had room for this plant I took it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
nice IC , now you need a few more. pop any seeds yet ?

I haven't shown all of the plants. I just chopped 17 like that in the last 2 weeks. In another 12 days I have 5 more like that scheduled to come down as well. I currently have 24 in flower.

6 sun orange
3 og X chemdog
2 usd
2 ak-47
1 sweet tooth
2 blueberry X og
4 og kush
2 kandy kush
Can't remember them all but that is close.

I did run some seeds and cut down 3 out of 8 that were females with the 17. Still curing so don't know how they will turn out, but they look to be the frostiest of the plants cut down.

Latest posts

Latest posts