What's new

My new vert flower room

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks for the tips. I have backed off on the nitrogen. I was using the 6/9 rez and it was too strong for the strain. I think part of the over nute was the cal mag I was adding. I bought some chelated calcium and will try that with Epsom salts to get rid of the nitrogen. As for the stickyness I have a rag and some alcohol by my room now.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Arminius I thought I would show you my new plants so you can see what I start with. I don't know how much the snow dawg will stretch yet so I put it between the big blue. I know the big blue will only stretch a few inches, maybe 6 total. These were put into this room on the 6th so not long ago. the snow dog is all the way to the left and the other two are big blue.

Those plants are huge for just being put into flower. How long did you veg them for? I need to figure this out before I put some of my sativas into flower in the next couple of weeks. Some of my strains reportedly stretch 2-300% so 24-30" should be about right for me.
Thanks!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I think 8 weeks is what they vegged for. The snow dawg was given to me so I have no idea how old it is. If you are going to double or triple in size I would not go to 24-30 inches. Maybe like 18-20 inches. I offered a guy these plants for 40 dollars and he never called back. What a idiot, he would get 5-6 oz in about 8 weeks and cut his time in half.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This load is done been trimmed and sent to dry.

picture.php

picture.php

heheh I'll drive that truck for you IC if you want.....I got my CDL...those buds look awesome!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I thought you would like that mega. I did it for you because you needed a load to see bobble in Michigan. Unfortunately they sent a Mexican driver.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Thanks for the tips. I have backed off on the nitrogen. I was using the 6/9 rez and it was too strong for the strain. I think part of the over nute was the cal mag I was adding.

Hmmm... are you running strains that are mag or calcium hogs? Yes, Cal/Mag has nitrogen in it... :(

The 6/9 in coco should be all you need, no need for adding epsom unless you have a mag hungry strain. You might find that 6/9 is right without adding anything.

Use the 6/9 for vegging as well, you'll have more compact plants before flower. :D Should be able to cut a month off your veg time and yield more. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
With my doughnut at 80% full I got 25.5 oz. The odd plant was only 3.5 oz. So with that in mind this set up can do about 2 pounds, and more once I get it dialed in. I need to work on the nutes and get those at a good ratio and Like Hydro-Soil said I should get better buds and a higher yield.

I held off posting as my numbers where to high to be legal and I had to move alot. This Christmas is very nice. Except the fact that some cuttings I just received had spider mites on them. I believe I caught them before they spread threw out my grow. They apear to have some eggs so I will be treating over the next week to week and a half. Because of this I tossed all of my clones in the cloner and culled (5) 4 foot plants that were close by the cuttings. Not a hugh deal as I have a month to replace them in. They were slow growers and will be replaced with Kandy Kush which is a faster grower and puts on more mass in flower.

Best wishes for every one for christmas and the new year.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Gratz on the nice pull, considering some minor issues! Gives me hope for my first donut. I have been working hard on dialing the environment, and my nutes are spot on. Even though I will be removing the Goosh from the rotation, I should be able to hit 1.5 pounds. We will see by the end of January...
Merry Christmas Bro!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I sent my grow to (2) AIDS patients, (1) crohns patient, (1) person who is battling a botched surgery, (1) person who has had 11 surgeries on his knees, and one person who had his pelvis crushed in a car wreck. There are a few others I helped as well. All this with out a drug war with my fellow growers in the USA. Take that DEA.

D

DHF

I sent my grow to (2) AIDS patients, (1) crohns patient, (1) person who is battling a botched surgery, (1) person who has had 11 surgeries on his knees, and one person who had his pelvis crushed in a car wreck. There are a few others I helped as well. All this with out a drug war with my fellow growers in the USA. Take that DEA.
Respect......As Ye give so shall Ye receive.....Words ta live by....

Everything yas give without expecting anything in return comes back to yas ten fold when yas least expect it....guaranteed...

I know expenses haveta be covered , but takin care of truly needy folks is somethin ta be proud of......

Merry Ho Ho....DHF....:ying:.....

Yah`mon

Hey! Thanks for pointing out your grow to me. Looks rocking!
I added up the jars and came pretty close to your final weight.:laughing:

Have you thought about smart pots? Could be a small addition to help get even bigger yield.

Got lots of Idea's rolling in my head.

I'll try to start a thread once mine gets going, ill be needing advice along the way.:bigeye:

Nice to see your helping out a lot of folks! Keep it up!

Have a good Holiday!

Yah`mon:tiphat:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Arminius I know you can get more than 1.5 pounds. You are on top of every thing that I can see.

Thanks Fred I chopped 52 ounces from the two flower rooms in 2 weeks. So I had to spread it out and a lot of people were testers for me. Gave quite a bit out to those who lost their grows so they could get it to their patients. Even paid to get a guy certified. I have been sick over the last 7-8 years and this is my way of paying back some of the help I received.

Yah`mon I learned almost all that I know here on this site. Look around there are a lot of way better growers here then me. I will be changing my pots some time in the future.

Maj thanks for the thread I will read it as I went to your profile page and read a couple there and thought they were good. I watched some of the videos as well. I like how you changed the cloth pots and it gave me some idea of how I could up pot. I recommend that people here do the same as I did.

Once again Merry Christmas to all.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
OK I thought I would post some pictures of the new plants. They are feed the same 0.8 EC water as the big blue is. You can see the leaves are not curled from over nute. I am now getting rid of the big blue and getting a strain that is not so nutes sensitive and has a stronger high. Well here they are.

picture.php

This is sun orange and is a local strain that was requested from me. It is no longer available locally as the guy who had the mother moved away. I don't know if anyone else has the cut.

picture.php

This id two strains the one on the right is snow dog and the one on the left is kandy kush.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Awesome! Those plants look so much better this time, way to go.

Ooooh! You're gonna love this next round. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

bobblehead

Veteran

Must spread some reputation around...

Cannabis is the healing of a nation. :) We're healing the masses... :blowbubbles:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
OK question for anyone about hermies. I have a plant that had a bud hermie. It did not open yet and I clipped it off before any pollen could be released. Will this plant need to be chopped or will it make it till the end with out any more hermiing. The plant is a snow dog and has 30 days left in flower. I would like to save it if I can as I do not have a plant to replace it with because of the mites I just had. The mites are gone but I got rid of the larger plants that I had as back ups if I had to put something into flower quickly. Any help is appreciated.