What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My MH Pc Grow case

Thanks mind grenade. I took your advice and extended the screen a little bit. i bent her back through again. i will probably do it till she gets to the end of the screen. thanks again!

c7a8d496.jpg

To keep the 175watt mh cool i just use that cooltube. The fan i am using is a scythe fan, it pushes 110cfm.I have it mounted so it sucks air from the front of the case then exhaust out the top. For the exhaust, I have the same Scythe fan hooked up to a carbon scrubber. then for the 2 front intakes i have 2 antec 3 speed fans. i think top speed is 80cfm. low is 30cfm. My temps really all depend on my ambient room temp. which is usually in the mid 70s. so the case runs from 77F to 82F on avg, with light on 24/7

So Its been 2 days since i started 12/12. I might have to tie down some branches. i guess we will see how much she stretches. So i guess let the magic begin! lol

8748d113.jpg

4c721d12.jpg

Pyrosin

get ready for the stretch, maybe get some 2700k-3000k cfls in there to supplement. those spectrums would be better for flowering and will give you more resin production.

StarFox

WOW cooltube in a pc, impressive! super excitied to see the flower :)

Did you ever get around to light proofing the cooltube vent? If so how?, Would you mind taking a pic of the closed box (light on) in the dark and in the light? (just so i can actually see the light proofing mechanism as ideally the first picture will be black lol)

Damn, scroggin it too lol bonus points NICE

get ready for the stretch, maybe get some 2700k-3000k cfls in there to supplement. those spectrums would be better for flowering and will give you more resin production.

Those spectrum would contribute to stretching, and he is already running 150+ w/ft2. Of all the tweaks he should consider, adding additional light ranks just slightly above installing a nuclear reactor to power it, and slightly below painting flames on the case.

Looks like a fun project, and it will definitely be interesting to see how this grow proceeds, good luck, and hope you keep the grow updated!

hey guys thanks for your interest in my grow! as for adding more light. i really wanted to see what a 4000k MH would do on its own. i have herd good things growing with this spectrum. it definitely kept the plant bushy for being a sativa dominant strain. but here are some pics of lights off and on in my room. To light proof that top vent, what i did was, lined the top part of my computer desk with black fabric. Also painted the pvc black.

Lights off
94f81c78.jpg

Lights on
df3c1322.jpg

StarFox

Quick response man, thank you! (i saw this like 2 hours later at my buddys house lol)

I like that you have it in your normal desk.

very stealthy indeed :smoke:

might you question the strip if i had it on a computer sitting out?

edit: dude ive been on a tolerance break the past 3 days.. so this is the first time ive viewed your newest plant pics high.. and holy crap that scrog is looking gooood!! extra impressive it's in a pc

Last edited:
so its been a week so far in flowering. things are still looking pretty good. i think tonight i might start to remove leaves that are under the screen.

dfc5f952.jpg

e960530e.jpg

kaze420

healthy plant dense growth
looks like the induced flowering is causing the stretch now.

just curious why the screen grow. why no let plants stretch up into it why is it a that level of growth? what training are you going for i think LST might be needed as this plant progress

just thought i would show some picture updates. i had to tie down some branches. the one got burnt. but i was testing to see how close i could get it to the light. i had it touching the bulb for about 3 days lol it finally got a little burnt. over all she is doing pretty good. i still battle low humidity. so hopefully she still does ok in later flowering.

503630f2.jpg

5164a31b.jpg

17e6a18e.jpg

StonedSoul-dier

Just joined your thread man, and i have to say im loving it. Everything looks great. Ill definetly be keeping up with this to see how it turns out. If everything goes right you should have some nice AK to smoke on 4/20.:smokeit: