What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
damn! this thread has come a long way... good job man

Thankyou one Q, let's hope i can get a seed set. I will not see the plants for a couple of days, had to go interstate and pick up a new Kenworth truck for work. No smoking or drinking driving these big things, must be on my best behavior.

High Country

Veteran
In the truck and kicking back in the sleeper cab, this has got shit loads of power, nice to drive. Anyway I was just wondering, has anyone done a reversal and then introduced a regular male into the mix? If so what happens then, could be a mad mix.

High Country

Veteran
Getting lot's of PM'S for beans, just back off a bit everyone, haven't got any yet.

High Country

Veteran
SOMETHING LOOKS LIKE IT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN

SOMETHING LOOKS LIKE IT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN

Well I've just returned from the interstate truck driving mission, haven't done that for a while, filling out log books and all the shit that goes with it. Glad I don't do that every day, cos I'm back in the high country. Let's have a look at how things are developing now.

THE BALLS APPEAR SET TO OPEN

picture.php

MONKEY FOOD, BANANAS

picture.php

MOTHERS TO BE GETTING READY

picture.php

So with any luck we might see some pollination occurring soon.

High Country

Veteran
looking good buddy :)

I am getting more confident. The only issue will be pollination. Some users of colloidal silver say they have to open the bananas manually to get the pollen. I'm not going to do that. I am just rubbing all the plants together on a twice daily basis. I'll let the she/males go the full life cycle.

High Country, I would try both letting them go as well as as cutting a branch, putting it in a glass of water and then collecting and crushing some of the ripe male flowers. You would then paint the pollen on female flowers with an artist's brush. You want success and a heavy seeding of your target females so try both.

And I want some seeds too, of course.

stagehand

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
man those balls look bizarre in formation... well the male flowers rather. guess they're forming like female flowers but with pollen sacks instead of calyxes and pistils

High Country

Veteran
High Country, I would try both letting them go as well as as cutting a branch, putting it in a glass of water and then collecting and crushing some of the ripe male flowers. You would then paint the pollen on female flowers with an artist's brush. You want success and a heavy seeding of your target females so try both.

And I want some seeds too, of course.

stagehand

That's exactly what I was thinking about doing a while ago. That works well with regular males and some say with colloidal silver sprayed plants. Let the pollen fall, collect it and pollinate the target plant.

But I'm not going to. I'm going to rub the plants together twice daily and intermingle them. A fan is on all the time directing any released pollen into the target plants. I also have another colloidal silver sprayed plant about 2 weeks behind in the process on the go. I'll let the she/males grow and hopefully pollinate until they die.

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Looking so good nice, they are opening abit it looks like it, cant wait to see how the beans come out if and when you get them man, im loving this experiment :D, such a nice strain aswel would be good in seed.

Keep up the good work man, this is getting extremely interesting.

Cheers :D

High Country

Veteran
POLLEN COLLECTION, AN ALTERNATIVE WAY

POLLEN COLLECTION, AN ALTERNATIVE WAY

Well I've decided to do what stagehand099 suggested. I've cut off a branch from one of the she/males and placed it in a glass of water over a sheet of tinfoil.

IN THE GLASS IN A STILL ROOM

picture.php

SHOW ME SOME POLLEN

picture.php

As you can see there appear to be multiple bananas on this branch which will hopefully release pollen for collection. The rest of the she/males are still mixed up with the target plants.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
you are high class grower fo su man..really respect for your work , should be a serious seed eh eh..boomshiva hc!!

High Country

Veteran
you are high class grower fo su man..really respect for your work , should be a serious seed eh eh..boomshiva hc!!

I can grow OK killerweed31, their are a lot more people with serious credentials on this site, but appreciate the comments. Here's another pic of the she/male.

THIS SHOULD BE ALL WHITE FEMALE PISTILS, NOT ANYMORE, THE WHOLE BRANCH IS LIKE THIS, IT IS NOW A SHE/MALE

picture.php

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Well I've decided to do what stagehand099 suggested. I've cut off a branch from one of the she/males and placed it in a glass of water over a sheet of tinfoil.

IN THE GLASS IN A STILL ROOM

picture.php

SHOW ME SOME POLLEN

picture.php

As you can see there appear to be multiple bananas on this branch which will hopefully release pollen for collection. The rest of the she/males are still mixed up with the target plants.

That specimen is BEAUTIFUL!! HC, I tip my hat to you brother. You've been a patient man and you are constantly pulling the weight with your perpetual harvests. Much RESPECT Bro!! :)

High Country

Veteran
That specimen is BEAUTIFUL!! HC, I tip my hat to you brother. You've been a patient man and you are constantly pulling the weight with your perpetual harvests. Much RESPECT Bro!! :)

You just have to be like a farmer, plan everything and know your strain. With perpetual it's healthy mums, reliable cloning method and managing the flower area. I use 3 areas for each growth cycle, mums, clones and flower.

Always watching for pests or disease. Once you get the hang of it not to hard.

Today I trimmed my mums and threw out about 50 potential clones. I can't deal with clones until this feminized seed thing is finished. In 2 - 3 weeks I will do a clone run and get another SOG going.

It's hard to judge the timing when trying something new, but it doesn't matter, the mums are good and should produce about 80 clones in a few weeks.

Just in case this all goes to shit.

High Country

Veteran
THE STRETCH

THE STRETCH

Interesting observation, the real females, target plants of pollination are stretching more than the colloidal silver sprayed she/males. I put my hand around the she/males and they feel quite heavy and solid. Look good enough to smoke, not, they are all male. The target plants are now about 8 " taller than the she/males.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Things are looking great here HC, you seem to be well on track.
fingers crossed in a few weeks we will see sign of seed
good luck bro
shaun

JWP

Bro i'm not %100 sure what your goal is here and i really dont want to sound like an asshole and put a downer on your fun..

But your "real females" aren't real at all, rather this cut you have is intersexed and the "female" seeds you think you will be getting will be even further from "female" than the mother. I predict a not so rosy future here.

The fact that the plant reversed and is producing pollen means it is not a true female. And to then pollinate this intersexed plant with reversed pollen is just going to increase the frequency of intersexed plants in the progeny.

Who knows how dominant this pheno your trying to protect in the event of any catastrophe is? It may be a small perentage of the progeny that are this pheno and on top of that your method here is increasing the frequency of intersex plants in that small group. Not a good way to protect anything but intersex genes!

IMO a much much more viable way of protecting this pheno would be to keep one mother and hunt through many indica varieties for find a suitable males to cross with and then keep crossing back to the mother to increase the freequency of the original plants genes.

It may take some time but this female seeds route is not going to give you what you expect. Rather the opposite the original genes that you are trying to protect will be destroyed and you cant turn back time when you realize this.