What's new

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I think JWP is going to have to explain more. As far as I can tell it's pretty basic genetics that HC is going to end up with seeds that are exactly identical to the clones. Not phenos, no weirdness, exactly the same. Maybe I'm not remembering my 1st year biology stuff, but here's how I see it...

Each piece of DNA can have four states. A, C, G and T. Read the wikipedia article on genetics for the details. Say our (trivial) example plant only has 6 pieces in it's DNA. Plant 1 (call it the father) has a state of AAACGT. Plant 2 (the mother) is AACCGG. When they mate, you get a random selection of either piece from plant 1 or plant 2 in each gene location. In this case, the possible combinations would be:
1st gene: Father = A, Mother = A, therefore child MUST be A
2nd gene: A, A = A
3rd gene: Father = A, Mother = C, therefore some children will be A, some C
4th gene: Both C
5th gene: Both G
6th gene: T or G

So mating these two plants would give you four possible variations (phenotypes):
AAACGT (same as father)
AAACGG
AACCGT
AACCGG (same as mother)

Now, consider what's happening here with the colloidal silver. Plant 1 is now a father but the genetics HAVE NOT CHANGED. So lets say it's DNA sequence is AAACGT. Plant 2 is the mother, but it's the same plant. The genetics are AAACGT. Put the two together, and the ONLY POSSIBLE COMBINATION is AAACGT. There will not be any variation, as there is not any possible extra options to choose from.

I agree with the first paragraph and now I have just edited, the last paragraph as well.

High Country

Veteran
fishing rain or shine i know what ya mean ;) i love it, one of my favourite passtimes.

sorry, i had assumed you were a "bloke". i take it your of a female variety then? :p

No, but one must not assume every grower on this site is male. I'm knocking off work early tomorrow and will get the fly rod out for the evening rise which is occurring now in the rivers around here as the weather warms up. Best thing is I only have to drive for about 10 minutes to get to them. I quite like fly fishing half baked even if I don't catch anything.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
No, but one must not assume every grower on this site is male. I'm knocking off work early tomorrow and will get the fly rod out for the evening rise which is occurring now in the rivers around here as the weather warms up. Best thing is I only have to drive for about 10 minutes to get to them. I quite like fly fishing half baked even if I don't catch anything.

half baked is the only way :)

High Country

Veteran
I think JWP is going to have to explain more. As far as I can tell it's pretty basic genetics that HC is going to end up with seeds that are exactly identical to the clones. Not phenos, no weirdness, exactly the same. Maybe I'm not remembering my 1st year biology stuff, but here's how I see it...

Each piece of DNA can have four states. A, C, G and T. Read the wikipedia article on genetics for the details. Say our (trivial) example plant only has 6 pieces in it's DNA. Plant 1 (call it the father) has a state of AAACGT. Plant 2 (the mother) is AACCGG. When they mate, you get a random selection of either piece from plant 1 or plant 2 in each gene location. In this case, the possible combinations would be:

So mating these two plants would give you four possible variations (phenotypes):
AAACGT (same as father)
AAACGG
AACCGT
AACCGG (same as mother)

Now, consider what's happening here with the colloidal silver. Plant 1 is now a father but the genetics HAVE NOT CHANGED. So lets say it's DNA sequence is AAACGT. Plant 2 is the mother, but it's the same plant. The genetics are AAACGT. Put the two together, and the ONLY POSSIBLE COMBINATION is AAACGT. There will not be any variation, as there is not any possible extra options to choose from.

I now totally agree with everything you said.

High Country

Veteran
HOW TO LOSE A CLONE ONLY STRAIN

HOW TO LOSE A CLONE ONLY STRAIN

Well I returned from my interstate truck driving mission to find this.

SPIDER MITES AKA THE BORG

picture.php

CHECK OUT THE WEB

picture.php

3 NEW MOTHER PLANTS TOTALLY FUCKED

picture.php

These are some of the mother plants I treasure, about 6 others are also affected. I have treated them heavily with a sulphur based spray. The above ones have been thrown out. I have not seen mites for a couple of years until now. Don't know why they suddenly appeared and of course they had to do it while I was away.

These are my biggest threats for this clone only strain. If they take hold I could lose the lot. The spraying will continue. I just hope for feminized seed.

So if you haven't seen spider mite damage before, well here it is.

ChardIr

That just truly sucks!!! I hope this is the closest I ever come to seeing the little shits!!! I hope your damage is minimal and you get your strain healthy.

All the best!

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm HC... that is what I call an attack when the general has his back turned.. I'm sure you will do what needs to be done and everything will return to equilibrium :)

High Country

Veteran
That just truly sucks!!! I hope this is the closest I ever come to seeing the little shits!!! I hope your damage is minimal and you get your strain healthy.

All the best!

It's minimal at the moment but could get worse, just have to see what the next few days bring.

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm HC... that is what I call an attack when the general has his back turned.. I'm sure you will do what needs to be done and everything will return to equilibrium :)

The little shits are smart aren't they, appearing when no one is home. Still got plenty of mums left, they look healthy but things can change very quickly when THE BORG is in town. I'll give the rest of the mums a good feed of high EC veg hydro nutes. Have to get them strong.

High Country

Veteran
Nothing more can be done for the mother plants. The evening rise should start soon on my local river so I'm going fishing for a couple of hours, time to get the trusty fly rod out. Catch you all later.

High Country

Veteran

All the best!

These bastards can kill a plant in 2 days easy if you are not on to it. I think I will do another big clone run soon. I'll get the the clones off the bush crop rather than these mums for the time being. The outdoor plants will have heaps of clone sights soon. Might get the 4WD out tomorrow and have a look, day off.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran

AAACGT (same as father)
AAACGG
AACCGT
AACCGG (same as mother)

Awesome Explanation! and I see that was your first post :) Welcome to the icmag fam..

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Well I returned from my interstate truck driving mission to find this.

SPIDER MITES AKA THE BORG

picture.php

CHECK OUT THE WEB

picture.php

3 NEW MOTHER PLANTS TOTALLY FUCKED

picture.php

These are some of the mother plants I treasure, about 6 others are also affected. I have treated them heavily with a sulphur based spray. The above ones have been thrown out. I have not seen mites for a couple of years until now. Don't know why they suddenly appeared and of course they had to do it while I was away.

These are my biggest threats for this clone only strain. If they take hold I could lose the lot. The spraying will continue. I just hope for feminized seed.

So if you haven't seen spider mite damage before, well here it is.
I'm sorry to hear about this brother. I hope you kill them all!!!

High Country

Veteran
I'm sorry to hear about this brother. I hope you kill them all!!!

I'm going to do a big clone run with my outdoor plants, they are about 30 kilometers away. These clones will be propagated in a sealed area way from the BORG infested mother room. They are yet to get into the bloom room. Back in survival mode now, preserve the strain.

High Country

Veteran
MANUAL POLLINATION

MANUAL POLLINATION

Couldn't be bothered going out to check the outdoor site so thought I would strip some bananas of a she/male. Just have to wait for them to dry, crush them and paint pollen on to the mums.

LOT'S OF BANANAS, HOPE THERE'S POLLEN IN THEM

picture.php

I'll let them dry and try to extract the pollen. I'm basically trying everything. The mums are stable but not at their best health, hopefully the sulphur based spray is doing it's job and repelling the spider mites. They have been fed hydro veg nutes and I'll show you what they look like soon.

With Xmas coming soon it might be a good time to get some more genetics. The increase in Xmas mail should make it easier to get stuff through. I was thinking Sensi Seeds NL#5 x Haze, standard packs, quite expensive at nearly $232 AUD a pack through Seed Boutique but I'm willing to pay for quality genetics. I want a male.

JWP

Bad luck bro.
I dunno why your thinking about a haze cross? Thought u wanted to save this indica?
Why dont you try hindu kush? Indica as..
Rez liked it enough to cross everything he had with it. Cheap as and a geat choice for a male IMO
Your cut even looks like hindu kush.

High Country

Veteran
Bad luck bro.
I dunno why your thinking about a haze cross? Thought u wanted to save this indica?
Why dont you try hindu kush? Indica as..
Rez liked it enough to cross everything he had with it. Cheap as and a geat choice for a male IMO
Your cut even looks like hindu kush. Could be the same!

I've still got about 26 mums on the go JWP, some looking a little worse for ware after the mite attack but a sulphur based spray is very effective. They'll be right soon.

I will still have the ability to retain this strain with the mother plants if the feminized experiment doesn't work. I've been able to get clones off plants that looked way worse than these in the past after a mite attack. I think it's just that time of the year for mites. Getting close to summer here, things are warming up and the mites found nice fresh growth. Unfortunately I was away on work business and missed their arrival.

Yeh I was thinking of a Kush and keeping to the indica traits, might get a pack of them too.

But would also like to see what a haze hybrid can do mixed with my plants. That's why NL#5 x Haze is attractive. I will always retain mums of High Country Indica though.

Good to hear from you JWP.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
DAAAAAAAAAMmmmnn!! sucks about the borg man. sigh.

xmas is good ordering season. you should look at canna bio gen and ace for sativas they are ruling IMO. Ace has this Yunan or soething that is a landrace indica. these guys have some great seeds for cheap...Just some thoughts.

Oh and for haze check jonny blaze cause I heard on another thread that the parents of this cross are gone so these seeeds are it.

Latest posts

Latest posts