What's new

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I'VE GOT A SERIOUS CLONE PROBLEM

I'VE GOT A SERIOUS CLONE PROBLEM

What to do with this lot, that's the problem. 62 clones looking for a home and I hate to throw them away.

4 WEEK OLD CLONES, 62 OF THEM

picture.php

THE ROOTS ARE RAPIDLY DEVELOPING

picture.php

LOOKS LIKE A SOG IN A TRAY

picture.php

I can't do anything at the high country sites because of the snow. The SOG has got a while to go and the mums are ready to pump out another load of clones.

So tomorrow these are going out into the bush at various sites in lowland areas in unprepared sites and they are going to have to fend for themselves. I am not to fussed if they live or die.

More on the SOG later.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
give em at least a little love High Country ;) if its one thing i have learned its treat your ladies with a little love and they will reward you greatly in the end :)

High Country

Veteran
One perfect plant would do me. Big, squat, fat indica. Hope to get some pics.

High Country

Veteran
Well I was going to plant those clones out today but realized my GPS had a flat battery and it takes a while to charge so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Perfect conditions for planting, raining heavily.

By using the GPS and plotting the co-ordinates I will be able to plant individuals rather than one mass group and hopefully will be able to find them again. I plan to visit about every two months.

shroomyshroom mate I will look after those clones as best I can.

On return I will cut about 100 more clones from the mums. These clones will be new mums and a new SOG. The mums will go out on about September 20 when daylight hours hit 12/12. These will be the plants I nurture.

They will also be planted at individual sites with water.

All sites require a 4WD and it is all low range 1st gear stuff. Must remember the recovery gear cos I will probably get a little bit bogged somewhere. On arrival it's about a 3 hour walk in, maps, compass, GPS and all that stuff.

All I want is one fat indica, outdoors.

In February there will probably be a big bushfire and I will lose the lot, oh well, shit happens.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
plan for the worst and hope for the best... :)

here is hoping you fill this thread with some fat indica pictures :)

High Country

Veteran
THE CLONES ARE IN THE GROUND

THE CLONES ARE IN THE GROUND

I have just returned from a 7 hour mission to put a few clones in the gound. Due to road conditions I was unable to go where I wanted so selected an alternate location. The strongest 12 went in and the rest to a friend who is just starting her new hobby.

12 OF THE BEST WERE SELECTED

picture.php

THIS COULD GET INTERESTING

picture.php

HAD TO WINCH MYSELF OUT OF THIS HOLE, ALL 4 WHEELS BOGGED TO THE AXLES

picture.php

LUCKY I TOOK THE CHAINSAW

picture.php

WATER IS PLENTIFUL

picture.php

I will return to the sites in about 2 months and see if any have survived. My tired old mums will go in when the daylight hours are starting to go past 12 hours. I'll update the SOG in a few hours. I am covered in mud, I need a shower.

High Country

Veteran
ENOUGH OF THE OUTDOOR MADNESS, LET'S GET BACK TO THE SOG

ENOUGH OF THE OUTDOOR MADNESS, LET'S GET BACK TO THE SOG

It's now 4 1/2 weeks of 12/12. At least indoors I have some sense of control.

What went on this morning in the outdoors was crazy. Snow, getting bogged, winching out and having to get the chainsaw out to clear a track. I wish things had gone a lot smoother. Oh well, shit happens.

THE SOG IS MATURING

picture.php

ONCE AGAIN, SINGLE COLA, ALL BUD

picture.php

PISTILS REACHING OUT

picture.php

TRICHOMES DEVELOPING

picture.php

Such a reliable strain this one. Never lets me down. EC increased to 1.9, pH 5.8, everything going normal.

The next mission will be to get about 100 clones off this lot then these tired old mums can go outside for a summer holiday.

TIME FOR A HOLIDAY GIRLS

picture.php

Happy growing everyone.

High Country

Veteran
nice updates.. loving your outdoor spot mate :)

Thanks JamieShoes, the SOG is going fine, ticking along nicely like a well oiled machine, good old reliable. The serious outdoor adventure begins in about 3 weeks when daylight hours go passed 12/12. Then my old mums will go out. At the moment they are sitting under a 430W HPS, happily vegging on 18/6. One more clone run out of them and then they will be retired to develop to full potential, outdoors. I think that might be a new thread. Regards.

High Country

Veteran
WHOOPS, i THINK THINK THE CLONES WENT IN THE WRONG SPOT

WHOOPS, i THINK THINK THE CLONES WENT IN THE WRONG SPOT

Tomorrow in high country N/E Victoria we are expecting a very significant weather event. Possibly the worst, depending on how you look at it, for a long time. Extremely heavy rainfalls, flooding, very high winds and landslides chucked in for the hell of it.

Pity the clones are close to a stream. Let's hope they can swim, without a root system into the natural ground things are not looking good. I have to work tomorrow so cannot do anything about it. I would not go up those tracks anyway in that sort of weather, trees will be dropping everywhere and I would probably get bogged to the eyeballs.

Never mind I've got more to go out, the mums. I think the drought is about to break in these parts.

I love big whether events like this, must remember to take the camera to work.

Hang in there clones.

biged

hey highcountry just wanted to say thanks for taking time and posting all these interesting and informative picture filled threads.

Youve inspired me, I actually just worked up the courage to cut one of my babies about a week into flower and try my hand at some rudimentary cloning. Actually 1 clone lol. (i'm a pussy)

Man i'm pullin for your outdoor clones *fingers crossed* hoping they stay put somehow for ya.
Keep spreading the knowledge man def good karma

GoodLuck
I'm in the same area myself.No plants out bush yet but a bit worried about the house as it's close to a major river!

High Country

Veteran
hey highcountry just wanted to say thanks for taking time and posting all these interesting and informative picture filled threads.

Youve inspired me, I actually just worked up the courage to cut one of my babies about a week into flower and try my hand at some rudimentary cloning. Actually 1 clone lol. (i'm a pussy)

Man i'm pullin for your outdoor clones *fingers crossed* hoping they stay put somehow for ya.
Keep spreading the knowledge man def good karma

Thanks a lot biged. Cloning isn't too hard although sometimes they don't co-operate. I like to keep it pretty simple and stick to the basics. Stable air temp, warm root zone and small well trimmed clones. Above all patience is required and don't tug, poke or pull the little things. Don't expect roots in 5 days, let them run the full 2-3 weeks. Aerocloners and bubblers may speed up the process but I just can't be bothered with them any more.

High Country

Veteran
GoodLuck
I'm in the same area myself.No plants out bush yet but a bit worried about the house as it's close to a major river!

Good luck to you today as well. I am not in danger of getting flooded however may get cut off with road blockages. It's absolutely pissing down rain here at the moment. Work was cancelled due to the extreme weather but I'm still not going to try and save my little clones from going for a swim. I would probably get trapped up there and fuck it, they're only a plant.

G

Guest50138

Yeah mate there only a plant...bloody big system hitting you guys down south, good day to stay home and smoke some weed High Country .stay safe

Kangativa

Veteran
Good luck to you today as well. I am not in danger of getting flooded however may get cut off with road blockages. It's absolutely pissing down rain here at the moment. Work was cancelled due to the extreme weather but I'm still not going to try and save my little clones from going for a swim. I would probably get trapped up there and fuck it, they're only a plant.

jeez mate, doesnt sound good for you....the only consolation is they are small and not in the very big stage......thats when it really hurts.
Anyway mate hope all goes ok and you get lucky.......still nice drizzling rain here.

High Country

Veteran
Well the road to work tomorrow is blocked because of multiple landslides. I can't wait to put the mums out. I love this shit.

G'day Squiggles, I have read those defoliation threads for high yields and I am still not convinced. I still believe those fan leaves are the engine room of the plant, that's where the photosynthesis takes place giving the plant the energy to grow flowers, fruit, bud. I have never heard of any farmer who has gone through a hail storm which defoliated their crops say this resulted in an improved yield. I'm keeping my mind open though.
Trying new techniques are the only way to improve yeilds at the risk of a few grams, a new technique may improve yeilds until the day you cannot lift a clone :p, experiment with a few(best looking) from a grow and you may be rewarded. (not directly at you high country just those reluctant to try new things).

nice thread btw loved every page

Last edited: