What's new

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Thanks everyone, how about showing your backyard pics, skyscrapers, beach, bush or whatever. Try not to identify yourself though. Could be another thread?

High Country

Veteran
Just checked out the SOG, res levels changing daily and daily top ups required. EC and pH levels also fluctuating and requiring daily monitoring. I think the plants are feeding heavily now, stretch phase then bloom is beginning.

*mistress*

Veteran
Some of you may recall the above little cloning experiment with a leaf and associated flowerlet. Well, after 2 weeks, what has happened?

NOTHING

Not exactly nothing, the leaf is yellowing however the stem appears to be swelling. I'll keep it going a bit longer.
has to reveg & make r00ts... may take few moments...

High Country

Veteran
THE LEAF LIVES

THE LEAF LIVES

Its been about 20 days since the leaf clone experiment began, today, SUCCESS.

IT'S THROWING OUT ROOTS

picture.php

NEW ROOTS DEVELOPING AT BASE OF LEAF STEM

picture.php

Interesting, what does it all mean though? This was a leaf off a plant about 7 weeks into flower just prior to harvest. It was cloned in plain old tap water. Cloning a leaf, of all things, so long into flower, this is crazy.

Not sure what I will do with it now. Might just put it into a pot with potting mix and see what happens. Can it develop into a normal plant? Or will it turn into some sort of mutant?

High Country

Veteran
BACK TO THE SOG

BACK TO THE SOG

2 1/2 weeks into 12/12.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

EC increased to 1.8. pH is 5.8, both are fluctuating during this stretch phase. Otherwise everything is OK. No pests or disease, temps normal.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
looking nice mate :D lots of fluffy white pistils! i love that the leaf clone took! i bet it'll turn into a normal plant though, it has those calyxes on it which means it has potential to supercrop and throw out growing shoots. if it had the hormones to produce the roots, it'll be fine when it comes to turning into a plant i'd say :D can't wait to see what happens though!

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
it is always a pleasure to come and look at the updates in this thread high country, would love to see you drop some of these out side :D

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Its been about 20 days since the leaf clone experiment began, today, SUCCESS.

IT'S THROWING OUT ROOTS

picture.php

NEW ROOTS DEVELOPING AT BASE OF LEAF STEM

picture.php

Interesting, what does it all mean though? This was a leaf off a plant about 7 weeks into flower just prior to harvest. It was cloned in plain old tap water. Cloning a leaf, of all things, so long into flower, this is crazy.

Not sure what I will do with it now. Might just put it into a pot with potting mix and see what happens. Can it develop into a normal plant? Or will it turn into some sort of mutant?

This is mind boggling!! You are in possession of something VERY rare here. Please continue this. I also wanted to let you know my flood and drain has moved along nicely and thank you for continuing this project!!! I let my plants get a bit tall on me prior to flowering but I'm going to snatch their tops for clones ;).

High Country

Veteran
FUCK THE SOG, THIS LEAF THING IS MORE INTERESTING

FUCK THE SOG, THIS LEAF THING IS MORE INTERESTING

I put the leaf clone thing into a pot with standard potting mix and fed with Seasol seaweed extract. It is sitting in the clone area under 2 4' long 36W cfl's.

THE LEAF CLONE THING IN IT'S NEW HOME

picture.php

I think I should have started a new thread on this strange little thing. But I really wasn't expecting anything to happen. So to all you people who have trouble cloning, keep going.

If you can clone a leaf off a plant 7 weeks into flower cloning a stem off a vegetating plant is child's play. Not saying it's going to survive but I got it to put out roots.

Happy cloning everyone.

High Country

Veteran
it is always a pleasure to come and look at the updates in this thread high country, would love to see you drop some of these out side :D

They are going on a summer holiday this year shroomy, the great outdoors, in high country, where water is plentiful. Hope the Sambar deer don't eat them let alone the roos.

High Country

Veteran
This is mind boggling!! You are in possession of something VERY rare here. Please continue this. I also wanted to let you know my flood and drain has moved along nicely and thank you for continuing this project!!! I let my plants get a bit tall on me prior to flowering but I'm going to snatch their tops for clones ;).

Mind boggling alright, this strange little thing will probably do my head in. I've seen those plants of yours and they did get a little bit big but they will be fine. Like you say top them for clones. I take clones off plants at 2 weeks into 12/12 no problems. But why the fuck does a leaf put out roots? Luckily I'm on my weekend at the moment even though it is i the middle of the week. Might have to do a little bit of research.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Mind boggling alright, this strange little thing will probably do my head in. I've seen those plants of yours and they did get a little bit big but they will be fine. Like you say top them for clones. I take clones off plants at 2 weeks into 12/12 no problems. But why the fuck does a leaf put out roots? Luckily I'm on my weekend at the moment even though it is i the middle of the week. Might have to do a little bit of research.

for some reason the leaf grew calyxes, effectively growth tips, these have the hormones in them to grow roots and new leaves etc. that's why i'd say it was able to be cloned and will turn into a nice little plant though from a weird start :D. there're also heaps of plants that can have leaf cuttings taken and cloned really easily, a lot of garden flowers and vegies etc i believe are able to so cannabis may be the same. i also think i've seen people using cannabis leaf cuttings in agar dishes (micro cloning) and they grow out pretty well, though it takes a longer time as they start on a tiny scale.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey high country hope you're well mate :D just wanted to post some pics of the clones i took after i was inspired by your spag moss cloning write up! many thanks again for that. very simple easy to set up and work! i sprayed once every 2 days and left the lid on the entire time as they dried out a bit too much in the tent with the 400watt when taking the dome off. it's been about 2 weeks now and 50% have rooted well i think. i'll give them another week!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

High Country

Veteran
hey high country hope you're well mate :D just wanted to post some pics of the clones i took after i was inspired by your spag moss cloning write up! many thanks again for that. very simple easy to set up and work! i sprayed once every 2 days and left the lid on the entire time as they dried out a bit too much in the tent with the 400watt when taking the dome off. it's been about 2 weeks now and 50% have rooted well i think. i'll give them another week!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice one Darwin, I would trim those fan leaves a bit more next time then you probably wouldn't have to mist as much and rely on the dome. Trimming those leaves reduces transpiration. See some of Freezerboys threads, he really cuts those fan leaves down when cloning.

I would also be reluctant to put them under 400W until the root system is pretty well developed. Did you use bottom heat of some kind, heat mat or my warm water method?

Give them 3 weeks then I would chuck out the ones not co-operating. I need at least 75% or more of the clones to put out roots for SOG grows.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Nice one Darwin, I would trim those fan leaves a bit more next time then you probably wouldn't have to mist as much and rely on the dome. Trimming those leaves reduces transpiration. See some of Freezerboys threads, he really cuts those fan leaves down when cloning.

I would also be reluctant to pot them under 400W until the root system is pretty well developed. Did you use bottom heat of some kind, heat mat or my warm water method?

Give them 3 weeks then I would chuck out the ones not co-operating. I need at least 75% or more of the clones to put out roots for SOG grows.

hey mate, yeah i had left all those leaves on there as to give them sources of energy to use up, instead of using the only set of leaves they have, but i'll give your way a go next time by trimming more. mine were also much shorted/smaller than yours i believe as i had to take them all from 2 plants and wanted to make the most of each branch i cut off them, so got about 3-4 clones per branch. i had them under the 400w because i didn't have else where to put them, they were out of direct light though, no heat mat, no water, just out of direct light in the tent (which is at 21-23C at the bottom) which i thought would be warm enough and everything was too chocablock in there to fit the warm water system i'd use in. yeah i thought to give them another week or so before potting, giving them to a mate tomorrow as i promised them to him, he knows how to treat them right though. hopefully we get 75% or more success rate. i'll probably repeat this process in the coming few weeks. cheers again for everything mate

High Country

Veteran
You my friend have a very cool grow setup and beautiful little plants.

Just a simple little ebb/flow table with a SOG in it under 1000W. Only skills needed are maintaining mums and producing lot's of clones. Update in the next couple of days. Due for a res change. Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest posts