What's new

My intro and bona fides...

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Here are my 3 ladies that just finished up 2 weeks of flowering.

Second Pitbull

Trainwreck 2

Mildred

I still amazed that Mildred took that loss of half her roots without even slowing down. This organic soil mix is the best.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude, you sure have a nice stable

& i sure like the look of that trainwreck

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Dude, you sure have a nice stable

& i sure like the look of that trainwreck

Thanks, I'm putting in my best effort with my first organic soil grow.

Trainwreck 2 is one of my better girls. She has a good long lasting high.

I'm not as fond of Trainwreck 1 though. She has really tight buds and makes it hard to break down for rolling joints. I don't do anything but joints. But those tight buds would do just fine in a pipe.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Here is an update on MTV.

It's really taking off since I transplanted in my soil mix. I'm getting a little concern because it is starting to stretch and I'm hoping that I don't have another male. If I do then just more breeding pollen.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I was seeing some PM on 5 of my clones so I just put them outside in the rain and the cold. It has been running between the low 40's and low 50's during the 72 hours they were outside. I figured I would toss them. But yesterday I looked at them and most of the PM had died. So I brought 4 back in a hit them with the IPM spray of neem oil, ProTeKt and aloe vera. I think that they are going to recover.

The one on the lower right still shows a tiny amount but the other 3 look like they never had it in the first place. I think I've got a new weapon for fighting PM. At least during the winter months. Of course, I can't do it if it is freezing out but here in the PNW we get lots of cold, wet, rainy days and very few freezing days.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, I'm putting in my best effort with my first organic soil grow.

Trainwreck 2 is one of my better girls. She has a good long lasting high.

I'm not as fond of Trainwreck 1 though. She has really tight buds and makes it hard to break down for rolling joints. I don't do anything but joints. But those tight buds would do just fine in a pipe.

Hiya Pakalolo,

looking good. I'm enjoying some lemmon x trainwreck in classic form (rolled) right now as well. more on ya. looking forward to being able to raise my own. Have not checked out the trainwreck lines but I like their amps!

gotta be a guitar guy to get that joke i guess. trainwreck was a line of amps built by Kenny Fischer before he died. Famous amps owned by many high profile players today. instead of serial numbers each of his hand built amps where given women's names... pretty cool. Not my type of amp but respect.

anyway, glad your PM went away. How quickly does that onset?

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Hiya Pakalolo,

looking good. I'm enjoying some lemmon x trainwreck in classic form (rolled) right now as well. more on ya. looking forward to being able to raise my own. Have not checked out the trainwreck lines but I like their amps!

gotta be a guitar guy to get that joke i guess. trainwreck was a line of amps built by Kenny Fischer before he died. Famous amps owned by many high profile players today. instead of serial numbers each of his hand built amps where given women's names... pretty cool. Not my type of amp but respect.

anyway, glad your PM went away. How quickly does that onset?

PM can literally show up overnight. It's not like the whole plant is covered. You can see spots of it here and there. If untreated it can get out of hand quickly. PM likes warm temperatures and high humidity. I don't think I can kill it off but the goal is to manage it so it doesn't effect all the leaves. I'll sometimes pick off a leaf if it has been mostly covered with PM. I throw it outside in the woods and I don't feed it to my worms.

dlsmokes

Lolo was sup, I'm just now flipping through shit around here, glad I found my way. Ladies are looking real good. The photos are very clear, and display a very healthy bunch of gals. Good shit yo!

:smoke: y

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Lolo was sup, I'm just now flipping through shit around here, glad I found my way. Ladies are looking real good. The photos are very clear, and display a very healthy bunch of gals. Good shit yo!

:smoke: y

I always like company so stop by anytime and post away. Oops forgot, thanks for the kind words about my first attempt at organic growing.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've seen some growers go on a mycelium hunt with their soil by putting some wet oatmeal on top of the dirt. I thought I would give that a try myself. I stole some of my wife's oatmeal. Stole's a little harsh. I'm going with borrowed. Not borrowed because she won't want it back after sitting on top of my dirt. I'm going to tell the truth and say I took without asking. Now my karma feels better.

I like to keep it simple so I just dropped some on top of the dirt. Didn't wet it just dry out of the box. I think that was about a week ago, not much longer. So I remembered (sometimes hard for me if I've been hitting Mildred) to look at the 'experiment'.

November 26 soil mix

If you look close there is some mycelium growing but not a lot. Maybe I should have followed instructions and wet it first. I've got fungi in my dirt so it's all good.

December 16 soil mix

Yikes, there is mycelium all over the oatmeal even though I threw it on top dry. So those ACT watering when I first mix up the soil seem to be working. It's also telling me I probably should add some water to the November 26 soil mix the next time I turn it. I don't need anything but water at this point.

Talking about water I just watered my 6 10 gallon pots after watering it last time 3 days ago. It took 1 gallon per pot to water them. Last time it took 4 gallons total to water them. So the ladies are starting to get a bad drinking habit. I guess I'm going to have to be a facilitator and bringing them more to drink. I'm going to give them a nutrient tea this time. It will be the last time I do that for the 4 ladies that are ending their 5th week. I don't care how much the beg, they're only getting water until I lay them down for the final time.

Oh, pictures coming tomorrow. The ladies are gaining weight.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
As promised here are the pictures of my ladies. This is at the end of the 5th week of 12/12 hours.

Trainwreck 1

This lady has really tight buds and looks very different from the lady I call Trainwreck 2. I'm done with this plant because I like joints and this is hard to break up to roll. She is getting frosty though.

Trainwreck 1 bud

Trainwreck 2 at 3 weeks

Pitbull

Pitbull bud

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Here are the others.

OG Kush

Pineapple Express

Pineapple Express bud

I'm done with the Pineapple Express. I've grown her for maybe 5 cycles but she never really impressed me that much. She's a good smoke but not what I'm looking for.

Mildred at 3 weeks

Mildred is what I'm looking for and this lady is a keeper. I do have some new genetics coming from seeds but right now Mildred and Trainwreck 2 are my keepers.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Healthy looking plants . What do you like about Mildred?

She is couch lock for me and last about 4 hours. This is not easy because I've been smoking the herb since 1966. Through most of the 70's I was smoking lots so most just get me sort of high but doesn't last long.

Besides Mildred I have a Trainwreck that is good too. I've got some new genetics in the form of seeds that are suppose to be better than what I've got. I'll see in about 4 months.

I found that slow curing with all the fan leaves left on makes the smoke very smooth too.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Yesterday my Eminem clone was dropping some pollen. I have it over some paper and took the barely visible yellow pollen and pushed it on a middle of the plant branch of Mildred. I'll have to wait and see if it takes. There wasn't much pollen but it doesn't take much. I pollinated Mildred outside of the flowering area. Let it sit for about 10 minutes then spray the area with water. Not sure if it's right or not but I didn't want any stray pollen it get on the other ladies. Today I'll take some more pollen and fertilize my Trainwreck 2 plant. Both plants are starting their fourth week so they should be ripe to produce some seeds.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Pakalolo,

So did you mention how you were growing before? I'm going with coco and DTW to begin with.