What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My intro and bona fides...

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I'm letting the Pineapple Express strain end its career in my grow. I prefer the shape of the OG Kush plant more than Pineapple Express. PE seems to be a lot more unruly in its growth. Whereas OG Kush has better symmetry and that's what I like.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I like the symmetry of Pitbull too. I'm thinking this plant is going to throw lots of big buds. It might be the first one to mature judging from the size of the buds compared to OG Kush.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Trainwreck 1 was also LST'ed and it is showing lots of bud sites. I've grown this strain before. It had tight buds that were hard to break up for rolling joints. That is a downside for me. I don't like smoking pipes or things like pipes. But if I was into pipes then this would be ideal buds.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I'm really pleased with my organic soil mix. I've never grown such healthy, vigorous looking plants with bottled nutrients. I can't believe I've wasted so many years growing inferior marijuana. This crop shows true promise.

This was from my last bottled nutrient grow. This is a Cinex plant that actually smoked good and had good bud formation. Just not much bud though. I'll never grow a plant that looks like this again.

I'm the same grower and the only difference is I'm using an organic living soil now. That's pictorial proof that organic soil will grow better marijuana

seeing your MTV reminds me of a couple mandala's i have going. They are about the same age. Had a rough start do to too much moisture. Havent checked on them in a week or more, when i flood the tray. The organics are a journey, i think that next to fertilizer's it's pesticides. Some day I hope To garden without either. Now I'm using the spinosad, and thinking about picking up some dyna-gro. for the potassium.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
seeing your MTV reminds me of a couple mandala's i have going. They are about the same age. Had a rough start do to too much moisture. Havent checked on them in a week or more, when i flood the tray. The organics are a journey, i think that next to fertilizer's it's pesticides. Some day I hope To garden without either. Now I'm using the spinosad, and thinking about picking up some dyna-gro. for the potassium.

You can grow pot lots of different ways but I found that organics is really the best way. There's a lot of information to wrap your head around but once you get down the basics it isn't too bad. Plus there is a lot of helpful people in the organic threads.

You can really see the difference between my current organic grow and my last bottled nutrient grow. I started out this current grow thinking it would be like my bottled grows. I started LST'ing and topping my plants to increase the bud sites. Seeing the growth that's happening I don't need to bother with LST or topping. I'm getting worried that I may be producing too much bud. This may end up being overkill for my needs.

paint4420

Love to here words like overkill when it comes to yeild. You know I hear people say dwc kills compaired to soil in the yeild but lately, I really have to wonder if a well tuned dwc setup grows faster than a finely balanced living soil. I know.there are a shit ton of variables but really from what ive learned how can force feeding chelated nutes in an oxygen rich enviroment force plants to grow at a rate past the standard the expression of there genetics in an optimized enviroment

I wish there was a good side by side test Somewhere.

Last edited:

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Love to here words like overkill when it comes to yeild. You know I hear people say dwc kills compaired to soil in the yeild but lately, I really have to wonder if a well tuned dwc setup grows faster than a finely balanced living soil. I know.there are a shit ton of variables but really from what ive learned how can force feeding chelated nutes in an oxygen rich enviroment force plants to grow at a rate past the standard the expression of there genetics in an optimized enviroment

I wish there was a good side by side test Somewhere.

I was probably a few days from pulling the trigger on a DWC grow. While trying to find information about DWC I ran across some posts about organic living soils and started to investigate.

I only grow for myself so I didn't need a lot of bud. I choose organics because I didn't want the daily maintenance for a DWC. Everything must be dialed in and there is little margin for error. My biggest concern was loss of electricity because it does happen where I live. I didn't want to run my generator 24/7 to keep the hydro grow going.

So for me organic growing made more sense. I don't need to worry about the electricity going off because I can run my generator 18 hours a day. Plus there is a much bigger margin of error with organics. You don't have to have everything perfect.

You may have a good point that yield may be optimized with a well tuned DWC setup. I've got too much bud coming as it is. With the extra tops I see on the LST plants I think I over did it.

paint4420

Sorry I think you misunderstood. I have a problem with leaving out key information haha.

I was thinking that yeilds would be MORE in an organic setup. The diffrence In Logic is force feeding vs an optimized enviroment. I havnt seen a comparison were both grows were well thought out and compaired with the samd cut. So I may never know.

Your thinking is like mine. Im not worried about yeild. Quality is were its at for me. In todays market people demand the best. Many many snobs around here and I for one want to see if I can get them to desire my product of the commercial variation of quality. And hopefully that will be able to keep the tent operational year round. Its a tough market out here in legalize town

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Sorry I think you misunderstood. I have a problem with leaving out key information haha.

I was thinking that yeilds would be MORE in an organic setup. The diffrence In Logic is force feeding vs an optimized enviroment. I havnt seen a comparison were both grows were well thought out and compaired with the samd cut. So I may never know.

Your thinking is like mine. Im not worried about yeild. Quality is were its at for me. In todays market people demand the best. Many many snobs around here and I for one want to see if I can get them to desire my product of the commercial variation of quality. And hopefully that will be able to keep the tent operational year round. Its a tough market out here in legalize town

I wish you luck on your endeavors. I know that even my bottled nutrient grow was better than what most dispensaries are selling. I've smoked the stuff out in the streets too and mine is better. If I let someone smoke my stuff they always comment on how much better it is. So I don't let many people try my stuff. I don't want to be bothered with telling them no there is none for them.

I'm sure the organic grow is going to be even better.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I transplanted one of the teenagers yesterday into a 10 gallon pot that had soil in it. I dug some out and as I was measuring the fit the bottom half of my soil severed off and it amputated half the roots.

This is a plant called Mildred. I took pictures today after 24 hours and she is looking okay. I could take a few more days before she shows signs of stress.

Mildred side view

I don't see any leaf drooping from the side.

Mildred top view

The top is still showing good growth.

OLDproLg

Veteran
Cool story,like the old pics!

reminds me of myself in 1977'
when weed growing was FRESH!!!!!
Lg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
AugustWest,

Thanks, I like to spread myself around and read about what other growers are doing. Maybe even share a little of my knowledge too.

OLDproLg,

Yeah in those early days (early 70's) you could get away with sending your 'Kodak moments' to the photo developers and they didn't know what they were looking at. My old grow buddy was not going to let his picture be taken but his cousin and I didn't care.

If it was more like today back then I would probably of pursued a growing career rather than being a fireman. My friend was definitely on the leading edge of the industry. I tagged along as an occasional helper and reaped the benefits of his knowledge. The biggest problem in those days were rabbits and deers. The plants were usually big enough that the slugs didn't bother them.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
So grow right now is in LITFA mode so I don't have a lot to do. Here is what my over crowded flowering area looks like. I could of chopped down the extra plants but decided to let them grow out.

The little one up front is the Eminem clone that I'm finding out the sex of. If you start on the lower left (in the 10 gallon pots) and go clockwise you have Trainwreck 2 (1 week), Trainwreck 1, Pitbull, OG Kush and Pineapple Express (3 weeks) and finally Mildred (1 week). The plant in the 2 gallon pot in the middle is another Trainwreck 2 and next to Pineapple Express and behind Mildred is another Pitbull (both 1 week).

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Third week in flower

Third week in flower

My girls are really starting to produce some bud and showing some trichome development.

Trainwreck 1

Pitbull

OG Kush

Pineapple Express

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So that's a little bit about me. If you want to follow along then keep reading. If you want to join in than feel free to post on this thread. I would like it to become our thread so please participate.

I've been thinking about this, Mr. Pakalolo. If I'm here and you're here, doesn't that make it our thread? Certainly, there's nothing wrong with a little feast on our thread.

cheers

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've been thinking about this, Mr. Pakalolo. If I'm here and you're here, doesn't that make it our thread? Certainly, there's nothing wrong with a little feast on our thread.

cheers

McKush, you are always welcome to participate on this thread. I just love having company. Please feel at home.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
McKush, you are always welcome to participate on this thread. I just love having company. Please feel at home.
peace brother i will. i was also having a bit of fun by tweaking a famous quote from Jeff Spicoli of the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High too. i love that scene