What's new

My intro and bona fides...

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I finished harvesting my seeds off the Neon Purps. I didn't get as much as off the Goblin Queen seedling but it looks like I got over a thousand seeds.

gallery_726300_5163_120024.jpg

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Pakalolo,

Nice beans man. they look pretty large and well developed to me.

HatchBrew

Veteran
Dang man you went for stocked up on the bean front this year!! Congrats on getting them in and done.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Hi Pakalolo,

Nice beans man. they look pretty large and well developed to me.

Dang man you went for stocked up on the bean front this year!! Congrats on getting them in and done.

Thanks dudes. I went pollen flinging wild this summer. :laughing:

I've got 2 more seed mother to harvest but these last 2 will be a little less prolific that the first ones. I pulled down the fathers when these were first showing their pistils so I've got lots of seeds at the base of the buds but still have bud to harvest.

This takes a long time to get those seeds so my next seed breeding will be on selective branches rather the wholesale pollen chucking.

HatchBrew

Veteran
That's what i did. One female branch per pollen. Got 20-80 seeds this way off each, still had rest of plant to harvest and enjoy. Although I used the herb from the seeded branches for joints, no waste here.

This way also able to make multiple crosses off one plant

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I got my last 2 seed mother harvested. I didn't get a many seeds from these mothers because they came into flower later than the first 2 ladies. I'm keeping the buds off of the Goblin Queen. I tested the quality and it is there. I'll find more seeds as I smoke my way through the buds. I'm not sure about the quality of Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero. I tried a bit of it and it didn't reach my keeper threshold. I try it again in the morning and make up my mind whether to keep it or make IWE hash out of it.

gallery_726300_5163_325258.jpg

gallery_726300_5163_154690.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Yellow Goblin Girl clone

Yellow Goblin Girl clone

The last time I showed a picture of my yellow leaf Goblin Girl was September 7. I took her too far into the yellow and this has stunted her growth. Here is what she looked like back then.

gallery_726300_5163_280575.jpg

I'm going to wait until she has some branches with less yellow and convert her back to what is the sweet spot of about 30% yellow. She hasn't grown much but most of growth has been with the greener parts. The yellow leaves have a tendency to die along the edges.

gallery_726300_5163_116742.jpg

To get an idea of how this inhibits her growth I'll post a picture of the teenagers in the flower room. Those girls were cloned at the same time as this one. It's a big difference.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
It's been a while since I did a photo dump because not much is happening in the cellar. I spending most of my time harvesting seeds and am between ladies. When we last were in my cellar I had moved some teenagers into the flower area and transplanted them into 5 gallon pots. This is what they looked on around September 28.

gallery_726300_5163_108393.jpg

Then I went off to play some pool and since I've been back I've been harvesting my outdoor ladies. So I thought I would give you what's changed in the last 4 weeks.

gallery_726300_5163_13705.jpg

These girls are coming along quite nice. The front row (l to r) are Goblin Queen #1, Blue Orca and Cascadian Frost and the back row (l to r) are The One, Mildred and Goblin Queen #2.

I took the Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero out of there because she was getting too tall and moved her into the new flower area. So Cascadian Frost has taken her place.

I'm going to let this veg until they get tall enough to flip. I'm hoping for more bud by doing that. I figure a few more weeks before I flip them.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've got some ladies that are into their 7th week since flipping them to 12/12. They're in one of my new flower areas but I don't have any air circulation because I haven't got the 120V 20 amp circuits wired from my panel. Here they are.

Goblin Queen seedling
gallery_726300_5163_182939.jpg

This lady is into her 5th week though.

3M
gallery_726300_5163_134420.jpg

This is from a seed I breed by crossing my old male, Eminem, with Mildred.

Nocturnal
gallery_726300_5163_202706.jpg

Ravnus
gallery_726300_5163_103597.jpg

This lady has some of the fattest buds I've seen in a long time. I have high hopes that she will be keeper quality because she will yield big time.

I really haven't taken very good care of these because they were seedlings and I have no idea of the quality. I didn't have room for them and I didn't transplant them into bigger pots in my normal way. They were root bound and I let them get too close to the lights and they got burnt.

Other than that they are in pretty good shape. It goes to show with a good soil mix you can get pretty lazy and still be successful.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Teenagers in the flower area

Teenagers in the flower area

I'm beginning to really like my setup. I've been veg'ing in my original flower area and moving them to the new flower area for flipping. This is working out well and I've got those 3 ladies: Nocturnal, Ravnus and 3M in their last week or two to finish. I've got 5 teenagers just about ready to be flipped. I've LST'ed 4 of them and I sure am excited about how they are looking.

Goblin Queen #1
gallery_726300_5163_49515.jpg

Bio: transplanted to gallon pot on Sept 18, transplanted to 5 gallon pot on Sept 28

The One #1
gallery_726300_5163_215840.jpg

Bio: cutting on Aug 2, transplanted 4" on Aug 24, transplanted gallon on Sept 6, transplanted to 5 gallon pot on Sept 28

Blue Orca #1
gallery_726300_5163_73326.jpg

Bio: cutting July 2, transplanted 4" on July 28, transplanted gallon on Aug 16, transplanted to 5 gallon pot on Sept 28

Mildred
gallery_726300_5163_111036.jpg

Bio: transplanted 4" on July 23, transplanted gallon on Aug 16, transplanted to 5 gallon pot on Sept 28

All four of these teenagers are showing lots of bud sites and the canopy is filling in nicely. I like how both The One and Blue Orca are looking like bushes. That's a lot of vegetative support for flowering. These are looking like my best run yet.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
2 MIS x G are up…..still waiting on 2 more.

Popped 3 GQ as well and 1 is about to break a rapid rooter.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero daughter

Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero daughter

I took a clone off the seed mother and she is about 3 weeks into the flip. I LST'ed her and she has spread out and doing some stretching. I'm unsure of the quality because I had to take down the seed mother way too early. About half the seeds were immature. So I have no idea how long she takes to mature. I'm thinking at least 10 weeks. She has lots of buds sites and is taking up about 1/3 of the 4x4' flower area. I just have to keep the PM off her.

Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero
gallery_726300_5163_78125.jpg

Last edited:

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Maturing ladies

Maturing ladies

I'm going to finally get my 3 120V 20 amp circuits wired into the panel on Sunday. I need to get the air flow working in my new flower areas. The Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero is in one of the areas and I'm concerned about the lack of air flow. Plus I had a problem with my cellar accumulating some water from all the rain we've been having here in the PNW. So the humidity is high right now. I went out and purchased a dehumidifier and have it running all day. A bonus from this is I'm getting some pure water that I'll be using to water the girls.

Even with all these issues I've got 4 ladies in the other flower area that are just about ready to be harvested. Ravnus looks like she is there and Nocturnal isn't too far behind. Now 3M is still 2-3 weeks from being ready. The Goblin Queen seedling is also about 3 weeks from harvest.

Ravnus
gallery_726300_5163_445719.jpg

Bio: 4" on Jun 27, gallon on July 26, 5 gallon on Sept 9, flipped on Sept 17.

I may take her this weekend. Not much new growth and most of the pistils are turning brown. She has a lime smell to her and is showing some coloration.

Nocturnal
gallery_726300_5163_265251.jpg

I think she might go another week. She is still showing new growth. She gives off a sweet smell.

3M
gallery_726300_5163_77035.jpg

She is a stretchy lady and is showing some coloring. The coloring must be from the father because her seed mother, Mildred, is all green.

Goblin Queen seedling
gallery_726300_5163_160564.jpg

Bio: 5 gallon on Sept 28, flipped on Sept 28.

This lady was transplanted and flipped on the same day. I don't think she is filled out as well as the other 3. This is the daughter of the Goblin Queen seedling seed mother.

hicksticky

Still at large...
Beautiful ladies you have there Pak!
Big thumbs up on the seed run, I kinda drop the ball on stocking up this year.

I share your need for more power supplies , I am running 220v to a new box to my room. Which just had to be on the other end of the houses basement...lol
can you run a temp extension cord to get a fan on them? had to do the exact same thing, flower room has to be down but I still need to finish flowering, so I am runnin rigged at the moment.. safty first though

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Beautiful ladies you have there Pak!
Big thumbs up on the seed run, I kinda drop the ball on stocking up this year.

I share your need for more power supplies , I am running 220v to a new box to my room. Which just had to be on the other end of the houses basement...lol
can you run a temp extension cord to get a fan on them? had to do the exact same thing, flower room has to be down but I still need to finish flowering, so I am runnin rigged at the moment.. safty first though

The seeds where just a open pollination but it turned out I now have a bunch of seeds. If I only had some space to do pheno runs. The plants are a little bit neglected but turning out okay because of the soil.

My nephew just left after spending about 3 hours doing the panel wiring while I crawled under the house and feed the wire up to him and made the junction box connections.

The fans are running now and I have a couple of small tasks to finish and then put the doors on. I've got 2 extra 120V 20 amp circuits available. Not sure how I'm going to use them yet.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
It shriveled up the day after i took the pic….lol. Don't know what happened. The other 2 GQ's are fine, the 3 Mazar I Sharif x Guerrero are all healthy as well. It must've been too cold or something, but the upper stem near the cotyledon leaves just turned black, shriveled up and snapped. One of the other GQ's was purple as well, hopefully that one lives.

EDIT:

the 4th MIS x G popped up this morning (I wasn't expecting it to) and is looking rather unhealthy. I don't expect it to live, but at least I can say 100% germination on all 4 seeds. GQ was also 3 for 3 (even though the one died a few days after breaking surface). GQ's were germinated in rapid rooters and the MIS x G in straight soil. I figure (being the superstitious thinker I am) that the MIS x G might prefer being popped in soil over rapid rooters as it is an older stock of genetics that hasn't been through decades of paper towel, shot glass, cloth, rapid rooter, rock wool cube, etc germination that the GQ has been through. Meh, who knows.

The GQ in the bottom right is also showing some purpling….I hope it lives!

Last edited: