What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My intro and bona fides...

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
So here are my 2 40 year old seedlings all grown up.

Eminem

MTV

They have a little different structure but the leaf shape is similar. They look more sativa.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I don't have anything in the flower area right now. I've been cleaning up the area by vacuuming the floor and washing the walls with soap, bleach and warm water. Later today I'll spray the floor with Mighty Wash.

No till 10 gallon pots

Pheno hunt space

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Okay, I've got some damage to my leaves and I've seen this before but I never knew what caused it.

Anyone got any insight into what's going on?

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I was busy today. I transplanted and this is how my flower and teenage areas look now.

Flower area

In front and on right is Trainwreck, next to her in the middle is Chemdawg and in the back is Chocolope. This is their first night under 12/12. So in about 3 weeks I'm going to test out the Eminem frozen pollen and see if it works.

Teenage area

In the front row l to r: Halo 2X, Cascadian Frost
In the next row l to r: Overlord, Goblin Queen, Halo 2X
In the next row l to r: Mildred, Neon Purp, Mazar x Guerrero
In the back row l to r: MTV, Trainwreck, Eminem

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I posted about my building a EWC screen for harvest. Well today I harvested my own EWC with the screen I built. It took about an hour but I got about 3 gallons of casings.

Here is the screen I built and the plastic storage bin I built it for.

Here are the casings I harvested.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I was busy today. I transplanted and this is how my flower and teenage areas look now.

Flower area

Teenage area

In the front row l to r: Halo 2X, Cascadian Frost
In the next row l to r: Overlord, Goblin Queen, Halo 2X
In the next row l to r: Mildred, Neon Purp, Mazar x Guerrero
In the back row l to r: MTV, Trainwreck, Eminem

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I posted about my building a EWC screen for harvest. Well today I harvested my own EWC with the screen I built. It took about an hour but I got about 3 gallons of casings.

Here is the screen I built and the plastic storage bin I built it for.

Here are the casings I harvested.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I ended up with 3 gallons of my own EWC. Naturally I mixed up some soil. I veered a little bit from my first soil mix because I'm thinking this will be a better no till mix. I changed my base soil mix for 30 gallons.

Premier Sphagnum Peat Moss 15 gallons
My own EWC 3 gallons
My own outdoor compost 5 gallons
Small/medium pumice 4 gallons
Large pumice 1 gallon
Biochar 2 gallons

This is my base soil mix and it is 4 cubic feet

To this I added my amendments at 1/2 cup per cubic feet or 2 cups of each to the 30 gallons

Kelp meal
Alfalfa meal
Neem seed meal
Fish bone meal
Crab meal

Finally I added 4 cups per cubic feet of my mineral mix I posted about earlier for a total of 16 cups. I moistened the mix with an ACT.

This will sit (I'll turn it on the weekends for the first 2) and cycle. This should be ready for the new teenagers. I'm excited about sourcing my own compost and EWC.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Here is my seed harvest. I got the male from some seeds that I froze in the 70's from my old grow buddy. He had breed these seeds to grow well in the foothills of the Cascades here in Washington. They were a cross from a plant out of northern California and the best Thai stick he had smoked. He labeled these as good quality, small bud, early development. I got this male to pop and named him Eminem. I got some pollen and breed him to my 2 keeper females, Mildred and Trainwreck.

My seeds

I got 12 Eminem x Mildred and 40 Eminem x Trainwreck. A couple of seeds look immature but the majority are ripe for planting. I plan on popping these as soon as I get some room. Maybe towards the end of the month.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I finished trimming and jarring my Trainwreck and Mildred. I got enough to keep me going until the next harvest in about 8 weeks. Here's some bud shots for you. I'm not very good at taking bud shots. I'll try to improve on that.

Mildred

Trainwreck

I think I ended up with more Trainwreck then Mildred. Here's my growing collection of buds. Off the top of my head there is Mildred, Trainwreck (two types), Pineapple Express, OG Kush, Purple Kush, Pitbull and Chocolope.

Bud collection

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Lots has been going on this week. I've got some clones that finally rooted after almost 3 weeks. I had to transplant some babies from 4" pots to gallon pots. Everything is growing as expected. So far no signs of PM or spider mites. I have lots of soil mites running all over the cellar. That's okay with me. Here is some of Swami's gear. I'm really liking what I see. These were over watered but they're now in gallon pots and are looking happy. These were seedlings so I don't know the sex yet.

Cascadian Frost

Mazar x Guerrero

Mazar is stretching and lanky so this may turn out to be a male. CF is squat and bushy so it is looking female. I've never grown these before so I don't know what to expect. I've seen pictures of them and I'm hoping that I do as well.

Here are a couple of plants that are from Original Diesel seeds. Again I don't know what to expect with these nor do I know the sex.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've got some more plants that I started as seedlings. These are Sanctuary Garden gear. Again it is too early to guess/tell the sex.

Overlord

Halo 2X

Another Halo 2X

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
These are clones so I know the sex of these. They are all females. This is some more Sanctuary Gardens gear. These all just showed roots this week so I dusted them with VAM and put them into 4" pots of my soil.

Goblin Girl

Goblin Queen

Another Goblin Queen

Original Halo

Another Original Halo

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
This is the one I'm most excited to see grow. Another Sanctuary Garden genetics.

Neon Purp

I'm thinking that I will flower her towards the end of the month.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
It's been a week since I was trying to figure out what happened to my plants. Something caused this

March 1

The leaves had some damage to them and I wasn't sure if it was some new pest or not. The damage radiates from the center outwards. This was puzzling me. I got some suggestions from others and it was either some type of insect damage or foliar spray.

March 7

You can see from today's picture that the new growth isn't showing any signs of the damage. You can observe that the damaged areas just got 'burned' away but didn't kill the leaf. So I'm thinking that I must have caused the problem with my neem oil spray. I've done it as early as 1/2 before lights are out. The spray would pool in the center and magnify the light causing the burning. I'm going to do this no early than 10 minutes before lights are out in the future.

I'm learning.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I didn't get around to the ladies who are finishing their first week under 12/12.

Chocolope

Chemdawg

Trainwreck

These are the plants that were in with the PM and spider mite problems that I had from the dispensary clones. I lollipopped them about a foot and top them because of my lack of head room in the flower area. Right now they are spider mite and PM free. My IPM has been alternating between neem oil/ProTeKt/aloe vera juice (NPA), Spinosad and Serenade (ballicium subtilis). The NPA is an overall preventive measure that fights both spider mites and PM. The Spinosad is for fighting the spider mites and Serenade is for fighting PM. I'm hoping that the alternating application will fend off any problems but only time will tell.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I did have 6 possible clones and yesterday 5 of them had rooted. This morning the last one was showing roots so I dusted the roots with VAM and transplanted into a 4" pot. I was hoping this one would take because of the variegated leaves. I'm curious to see if the variegation shows up in the later leaf development.

Another Goblin Girl

I've been experiment with different cloning methods and the 6 clones that all rooted were done old school with just RootTone powder and some clone soil mix. No fancy Clonex or SSTs or any other techniques that have been posted. I'm going back to what has worked for years, RootTone, clone soil (did use ProMix) and water for my cloning.

Latest posts

Latest posts