What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my home was raided for a high powerbill!

he says probation but hes looking into the search warrant to see if he can get it dropped. he says they must follow specific rules to get a search warrant if they fuck up along that path the search warrant is no good! most likely probation with early termination. then ill leave

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did anyone you know recently get busted for growing or posession or any other felony?

I do hope you get just probation dude. You will probably have to do drug tests and shit, not fun :(

Even better though of course is charges dropped but then watch out because they will surely be out to hang you high after that so really moving would be the only good choice!

they always say they smell marijuana...even when you get christmas trees or tomatoes in your house. marijuana is always smelt in the case of a search warrant! well thats what barry cooper says!

yes they did i think a snitch might be involved but if there is thats good because they have three chances to show up to my attorneys deposition. and they also better listen well cause attorneys fuck questions up for you to answer yes then answer no to the question later. plus people are scared to testify...that would be they have to stand up and point me out in court! not alot of people follow through. thats why snitching is a bad idea.

trafficking in oxycotin...prior to that possession of 8#'s of quality smoke. but noone knows i was growing! but he dropped 60,000 on 2 attorneys so it makes no sense why he would snitch! 2 of the best attorneys around!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny thing is Marijuana can smell like hundreds of different ways depending on the type and we expect them to be experts at making an accurate determination of what a smell is or is not? When they find something during a bust it just confirms their hunch and they pull the smell card, if no plants but you have some pot in your house they just say you were smoking it! lol you really can't win the "we smelled it" battle. Well, November is not far off here and then the rest of the states should start making some changes hopefully so all this silly shit can be over with. Busting people for a fucking plant, it still makes me scratch my head even after all these years. Even with a license for myself they still make it seem like you are doing something wrong and paranoia is contagious so we all have to put up with this shit for now.

I just read your post above about the dude getting busted who could be a snitch. I would say his sentence would reflect his snitch-ability. If he got basically a slap on the wrist a condition might have been to rope some people off with him. And even if you did not "tell" people you grow they are not fucking stupid, and if you have killer fresh bud you are dumping on them cheap then they do some simple math and figure out you have a grow show. And people knowing you have a grow puts a big ass target on your head unfortunately in these snitching ass times we live in. Oh well, karma always comes around.

Listen to me carefully, whatever they tell you or ask for DO NOT FUCKING SNITCH on anyone. Not saying you would, but just throwing that out there because they always ask.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
So were you tagged 100% for a high power bill as in that is what led to it? Not trying to harp on it but it just seems to not make enough sense especially if you always paid your bill on time. I can see if you were late all the time.

There must have been other things that lead to it and if so I sure would love to wonder what those might have been and others as well i'm sure so those in med-UNfriendly states can be sure not to do that.

I just have never heard of a raid caused FROM a high power bill. Maybe I haven't researched enough cases though.

Like how can you get a search warrant simply from a power bill without anything actually proving or at least showing a possibility of illegal activies going on.

Did they state odor, a ton of traffic, did they stakeout the pad for awhile, was anything like that brought up to the lawyer or simply 100% the powerbill did it.

I would 100% suggest against stealing power in cali. That is a damn dumb move especially if you have the ability to grow legally here. The only times I have heard of power bills causing cops to crawl around was due to non payment OR they had suspision like a rat in the neighborhood, a ton of herb smelling up everywhere, cars coming and going at all hours and just in general looking like pot heads.

wait, I just saw your above post..

he is saying probation only? how many years do you have to stay in state 1-5 years? do they allow you to even leave the state?

i can transfer to cali for probation but you more likely to violate and that is 8 months mandatory and a felony record. usually 2 years probation with 6 months early termination if you complete all that is asked community hours drug classes etc. plus a withheld of ajudification. if completed.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow two bust reported today, and 1 snitch for sure possibly two!

The cool thing about it is both these guys are not feeling sorry for themselves and giving up! they are thinking positive and what they are going to do next.

Good luck man, get the fug out of FL it is number one for busting growers....

igrowone

Veteran
i did see another 'electric usage' bust on another grow site
in Connecticut a grower claimed the electric usage was the key item on the warrant
2700k total, not as big as this one
but 8000k, that's good sized, especially in Florida

yea im gonna keep growing...but in a smarter way and pot friendly state! cali here i come! lol 16k and a five ton cost in cali anyone? i have a dream growroom i want to build

Wow two bust reported today, and 1 snitch for sure possibly two!

The cool thing about it is both these guys are not feeling sorry for themselves and giving up! they are thinking positive and what they are going to do next.

Good luck man, get the fug out of FL it is number one for busting growers....

well mine happened like 4 1/2 5 months ago so but im still fighting in court. and no hard feelings to the other guy but i didnt let the police in they kicked the door down with a actual warrant. never answer the door for cops and never let them in without a warrant. if you dont answer they cant bullshit you! i wish i got a knock and talk so i would have known my time expired! but nope piece of shit cops!

]A[Boss

way to stay positive extreegrower,

keep fighting and good luck in cali. I'm willing to bet 16k and a 5ton would be $2-3k at the very least? Not positive on that though.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
I just wanted to mention that in the Original post it said that he got rid of his other grow lights a week before...to me it seems like that would be where i would be looking for the snitch.

2Lazy

I don't understand this...

I mean, suppose you had a home with 6 kids. Each of them has a 500w computer. There are also 4 tvs in the house each coming in around 300w. Consider the baking and cooking needs, the refrigerator use, all the laundry needs, showers, microwave use, video game consoles, air conditioning, pool filters, possibly a hot tub... I mean... with all the modern electronics that remain plugged in that drain energy constantly. Stereo equipment, blenders, personal shavers, etc, etc, etc... I just can't comprehend how a warrant could be issued solely on power consumption.

There must have been other things going on. An 8000Kw grow is obviously for dealing. Perhaps the person chose to deal to the wrong someone. Maybe someone talked. I dunno. What I do know is that this sounds a bit fishy.

Also, why would you need generators with fuel costs when you can get solar and have the state government green program reimburse you. There are programs designed to pay for a big portion of the installation costs.

When your panels provide more energy than you consume the kwph dial spins in the opposite direction. By running the lights at night time and feeding energy during the day you can "steal" energy legally all thanks to the sun. Go solar people, it's a bit of an investment of course, but it's good for your home, it's good for the environment, and it pays for itself in the long term. With gov rebates solar is within the reach of any home owner as banks will almost always approve a loan on that kind of upgrade to a property they own in on.

P-NUT

Veteran
Is the power company fpl or progress energy? It might have been your meter spinning so fast that made the meter reader take notice. How many plants did you have?