What's new

My girlfriend's cab... need suggestions!!

realistik

I already have the light mounted upside down in the cab with the cooltube, but I haven't installed any fans or anything yet. I'm going to see what the temps look like, then maybe I'd consider just putting the scrubber right on the cooltube exhaust.. I like how the cooltube is suspended and not touching the floor.. so there's plenty of room for any size pot..

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I wonder if leaving the bottom part of the vertical cool tube open would be adequate ventilation for the entire cab?

When my fans get here Wednesday I'm going to check temperatures and see if I even need to go ahead with the tube being connected to a floor vent... and having a whole separate exhaust..

If you exhaust below the top of the cab, you'll get a heat cap. A fan circulating the air might be enough to reduce the heat build up.

realistik

Thanks DiscoBiscuit... I'll keep that in mind.. I really hope this works out because I like the way I have it right now.. lol

realistik

Got any pics? I would love to see how its coming along.

Took some for ya. Still have some work to do, of course. As you can see, the things I've done so far are:

- Wiring the HPS to a remote ballast.. and installing into cooltube
- 3 walls of reflective material

Still waiting on fans so I can do intake/exhaust

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

realistik

Also I left enough room in my ballast box for the other cab's ballast too. One side is all I can afford at the moment.. but it'll come soon enough.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
not sure how far youve gotten but vert is the way to go. PLLs with the socket UP (b/c thats where all the heat comes from) on the walls or 100w CMH/HPS in a tube in the center w/ a DrG style perpetual around the bulb. You will be successful.

Keep the other side w/ twisty bulbs and you can have a few mothers in there... Im excited for you two...

realistik

Thanks guys.. I should finish it up by the end of the week.. I'll post pics when I do. I'm just ready to actually use it!

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hey I was thinking, (hope you didn't discuss this already) how about glueing some kind of hook to the pvc elbow, or a pipe clamp or something, and bolt a brace straight up to the roof - to help support the weight.

realistik

you mean your girlfriend is? lol

hahah. Yes, that's exactly what I meant.. Or should I say WE :)

I knew that would happen.

Shut up!! lol.. can't help it, it's an addiction..

it does look awesome, though, any pics of the door closed? pretty stealthy op?

I'm going to finish it off with some gaskets/weather seal around the door to keep in the light.. when I do, I'll shoot up some pics :p

thank you for the inspiration to stay small!

No problem dude, the way I look at it is, if things got weird, or if the paranoia got the best of you... you could load up the PC, or cabinet, and take it somewhere.. If you have a grow room, you're a little screwed.

Hey I was thinking, (hope you didn't discuss this already) how about glueing some kind of hook to the pvc elbow, or a pipe clamp or something, and bolt a brace straight up to the roof - to help support the weight.

Dude somehow I knew you were going to say something about the inner workings.. knew I should have just taken these pics for you in the first place Scrub! hahah. You thought it was held on by duct tape didn't you? lol

picture.php

picture.php