What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first Plant

ephenix

i have Super Critical Auto feminized, with 2 T5 Florescent bulbs 4 feet long, its in a 3x3x6 grower tent with a everday table fan for venting, and i have the lights for 18-6 dont know the ph lvl, it was started April 1 this year and its been 34 days since iv started it and its just starting to show white hairs(dont know the actual term) and its about 8.5 to 9 inches in hight ill be posting a picture of it in about 20 minutes. im just looking for some info on how much longer i got til harvest i know i gotta wait til the nodes or what ever they are called are amber but how much time to i have til i get to smoke this baby

its trypp

Well it sounds like you are working with a photoperiod seed (doesn't autoflower). Your question is a bit hard to answer because of that lol. If it isn't an auto seed you can veg it out longer or you can switch the lighting to 12/12. Now you can expect about 70-80 days average from the time you switch to 12/12 until its ready, depending on the genetics. So really it's up to you :) I am sure others will be able to chime in more info :) (Oh and its the trichomes that turn amber, the bud nodes are something else entirely xP )

saluki

ICMag Donor
Nice man, I am on my first plants too, should be done in about 30 days hopefully!!

ephenix

well its a green house seed co product and its feminized Super Critial Auto flowering wis what it says on the pack of seeds ill up load the pic of the seed package it came from

ephenix

Well it sounds like you are working with a photoperiod seed (doesn't autoflower). Your question is a bit hard to answer because of that lol. If it isn't an auto seed you can veg it out longer or you can switch the lighting to 12/12. Now you can expect about 70-80 days average from the time you switch to 12/12 until its ready, depending on the genetics. So really it's up to you :) I am sure others will be able to chime in more info :) (Oh and its the trichomes that turn amber, the bud nodes are something else entirely xP )
so i look a look at ur pre flower from 08 and thats where mine is right now so its about 4 days into its flowering stage then

its trypp

so i look a look at ur pre flower from 08 and thats where mine is right now so its about 4 days into its flowering stage then

well, you have an autoflowering seed, which is different from what I had said lol. If your plants pre-flowering, auto's tend to flower slightly faster. If you think you are 4 days into flower, expect perhaps another 56-65 days. Oh and when you go to harvest, wait an extra day and do a 24 hour dark cycle then harvest. cheers and good luck :)

ephenix

and i think i got about 6.5 weeks left cause the little white hairs started peakin out on the 28th of april

ephenix

i dont mean to be annoying just tryin to get as much info on this baby as i can, i do need another T5 light though

lonetoker

flowering is the budding stage. and dont worry man we are all here to help out.

"A common mistake that people make
when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-D. Adams
:smoke out:

its trypp

i dont mean to be annoying just tryin to get as much info on this baby as i can, i do need another T5 light though

Not problem. Flowering and budding are the same thing. As for T5's, if you can at the very least upgrade to some CFL's for better light.

To be honest for a single plant you have way too much room lol.

ephenix

Not problem. Flowering and budding are the same thing. As for T5's, if you can at the very least upgrade to some CFL's for better light.

To be honest for a single plant you have way too much room lol.

so what are the CFL's?? are they those cheap gas station bought light bulbs that are spiral?

its trypp

so what are the CFL's?? are they those cheap gas station bought light bulbs that are spiral?

I've never heard of them being sold at gas stations but alright lol. Yes they are the spiral looking bulbs (usually although there are ones that look different). The nice thing about CFL's is really that they are perfect for small scale grows, and (in my opinion) a step up from T5 lighting, as you can find higher wattage CFL's than T5 tubes (For me locally at least). You can also put a CFL just about everywhere, making it easier to get light to the entire plant versus just the canopy. Plus higher wattage will usually have denser yields bud wise, meaning more bud for your buck (there is also a consideration of what spectrum of light you are using, as even CFL's have different types of bulbs that provide different spectrums of light). But just a suggestion, for the most part as long as you keep your T5's about 2" above the canopy (given yours don't run too hot at that distance) you will be fine for personal consumption. :) Good luck

kannaman

ephenix ..lookin good so far ..do alot of reading on growing here theres tons of info and pics to be had. why only one plant for you? and that tent can support better lighting for flowering if your ready to spend a few but it will payoff good fortune to you