What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first hydroponic grow log!

highonmt

Veteran
Don't stress to much about the slight burn you gave them. If you continue to have problems I'd switch to flora nova series 1 part much easier to deal with just one bottle. After you figure out your new set up try more additives different nutes etc. Ph can range from 5.3 to 6.2 and you'll be fine but shoot for 5.8 as your average. Make all your changes SLOW. ie don't go from 500-1000ppm in one day try slowly increasing 100ppm every other day ...if you see any signs of burn add water to the rez and drop ec. . Same with ph keep changes small. Let your plants recover at a lower ppm/ec for a few days if you make a mistake before bring the ec back up. Here is a link to lucas' dissertation on hydro it has some good beginner advice.
http://www.cannabis-world.org/cw/showthread.php?t=892
Cheers and don't forget to have fun... after all it's just a weed..
HM

AmberMan

All were started from beans, no cuts or clones...yet

Oooh! by the way How do you put your own avatar or picture on your profile???

supervaca

Hi, they wel get well :D
The 3 drops/3drops/3 drops system wokrs like a charm, believe me ;)
Ca/Mg is not still needed in the NS, and there is enough traces in GHE for that.... This speed thing up ;)

We run 24/7 the watering, SPECIALLY when they are so little..
Hydroton is a little hostile medium in the beguinning....

Next time, if you go from seed, try small hydroton (is big like lentils,but round); good for rooting cuttings, too.
They will suffer less at that critical point of their lifes.
:tiphat:
Nice classic strains.

AmberMan

Thanks supervaca, I just went with 1/4 strength instead of 1/2 strength and things are speeding up and looking better. I will post updated pic's on week 3 to show improvements.

oahi

sweet lookin setup AmberMan i'll be watchin for updates (i hope to start my first real gown grow soon)

AmberMan

Thanks oahi, growing is so fun. Can't wait to see your setup when you get it going. Put the good smell in the air!!! Stay Tuned for an update.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
for your set up you can just leave it for now, once the plants get much bigger you can transplant them. for now just don't disturb them, they probably only have a small root going right to the bottom. do you have trays under the pots?

AmberMan

So I need to fill the tray with hydroton, get a 4x4ft tray lid, or some white/black poly to hide the roots?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
that would be good, but you don't have to do it, you could just keep watering them normally, the roots will not grow far out of the holes. unless you are wanting to make a water farm type system with a second bucket under the pot filled with nutrient solution.

AmberMan

I already have main roots shooting out the bottom on some of them about 3 to 4in.?? I'll just put a handful of hydroton on the roots as they grow more and more!

IceCream

great idea to run with the iss one of my all time favorites. hope all goes well and cant wait to see em nice and chunky

juggo

Whats up,

Good to see you here bro,dont overthink that stuff,they are just babies..you have everything you need :tiphat:

peace,
juggo

AmberMan

Grow UPDATE!!

Grow UPDATE!!

They're lookin much better! From top to bottom from left to right Strains:White Widow,SSH,HG,Diesel,SD,SD,SD,(7)Island Sweet Skunk,(2)White Rhino,White Rhino,White Rhino.