What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First Hydro Grow!! E&F

G

Very nice post Grl. How are ya likin the hortilux? any change in room temp? I just got a HPs hortilux,and i can see the difference from my last grows.Ill keep an eye on this one!

woobie420

hey there beautiful them are looking very pretty and look like everything else you touch just beautiful, well except your husband!!! hahahaha!!!! much love and respcet forever and always, your Woobie
live long toke harder

wikidcalibudgrl

highya Journey:wave: I'm loving the Hortilux Teh buds are forming very quick on the NEbula :smile: since putting it in. No change in temp really,,, it's been cold and rainy here so it's been undercontrol for the most part, we'll see what happens in a couple days when it hits 80(suppossedly) hahahahahaaa:wink:

Woobie!!!!!! My woman! what's up!! Finally got on and found my girls huH! Love ya woman,,,,come back soon, the fun's just startin hun!

Rellikbuzz

Since we were posting back in forth in ArthurJob's thread, I thought I'd stop by and say GREAT JOB, Lady! :yes: Ahhhh, the touch of a woman. All us men should be so lucky! :biglaugh:

The plants look lush and healthy, Wikid and you have obviously took to this Hydro-thing like a fish to water! :biglaugh: Keep it up, girl!! They look just lovely. :canabis:

wikidcalibudgrl

Hey there Rellik! Glad to see ya stop by and see my ladies! Awww you're soo sweet! Thanks for the up's to my ladies hun! I'm doin my bestest to keep um happy. I'ma take a few more pics(i'll TRY and wait till tomarrow or the next day) It's so hard not posting new ones everyday! HAHAHAAA! we got nice little buds formin on the Nebulas, they're sooo pretty too. The NL's are budding up to but not as tight a buds on them yet. Had to raise the light a few more notches this morning,, one of the newer leaves on the NL was pretty much touchin the glass cover on the hood, :eek: , got a little heat damage from it :frown: but not much. Just glad i have the moover now, or it coulda been a Lot worse damage to it ( Whew) They're loving that conversion bulb though for sure!

I also been thinkin of starting a new thred for the NYCD's and the skunk clones,,, but we'll see what we can fabricate for um in terms of a table b4 that happens. They're all happy and growing well though!Woohoooo,, not that I've ever had a problem cloning b4,, for some reason it's never been an issue for me,, thanks to the good lord above for turnin my thumb green... Hopefully I can spread that to an arm soon :biglaugh:

we shall see
~Wikid

wikidcalibudgrl

16 Days Flower

16 Days Flower

:wave: :joint: Good Morning IC'ers

First , here's the whole table, or best I could fit it in the shot ,,,,

Here's some of the NL tips,,

And a Nebula tip,,, with an extra close up of it too

And a couple more taken yesterday morning too,, 15 days flower

They're coming along nicely I'd say! The NL's are being slower then the NEbulas at nuggin up,, they're still pretty wispy and leafy right now,, Have a great day everyone! :chin: And, Chime in all you lurkers out there!! :biglaugh: :wink: :friends:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
! wikid ! - your table looks like a scale model of the Amazon rainforest!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Yowsa - you're gonna have some harvest.

Calibudgirl.....wow.....W - O - freakin W! You are doing a fine job with those plants. I esp. like the closeup pic you took there...if ya' don't mind; what kind-o-camera do you use :wave:

Rellikbuzz

Wow, Wikid, that is a total "bush out" you got goin' on there! Just a recommendation, hun, since it seems that you have mostly longer flowering sativas going there. It would still not be too late to do a bit of pruning to remove unproductive branches and shoots. This will help to focus the auxins to the remaining branches giving you bigger, stronger colas and an overall higher yield in the end. A good pruning will also help the plants breathe better helping them to respirate more efficiently. If you choose to do this, I would do it immediately though as much further into flower and it could cut down on your yield. Just a thought! All in all it looks just wonderful, m'lady! Keep up the great work!! :yes:

wikidcalibudgrl

:wave: Highya Pistillwhipped! Thanx for comin in!
I esp. like the closeup pic you took there...if ya' don't mind; what kind-o-camera do you use
I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-P52.. not the best, but it does the job! What i did with that close up was this:
The pic beside the close-up is were it came from. I took that pic, then while it's still in the camera I zoomed on the bud, push Menu and it brings up a "Trimming" option. ya Choose the size ya want ( 1.2M-3.1m or VGA), and it saves it as a new picture file! :smile: I just started messing around with this feature, so i may get better at it :biglaugh: But the original picture has to be clear as day, or it'll blur when ya zoom in :rolleyes:

Hey Rellik:wave:
Yeah I been thinkin of cuttin all that lower stuff off,, like all this stuff,,

it IS a jungle in there afterall! :biglaugh: It's just so hard cuttin off all that nice growth :rolleyes: But if i do I can do some creative tiedown tho:chin:
To Trim, or Not To Trim. That is the Question :biglaugh:

Rellikbuzz

Not a bad idea, Wikid. The Danimal is the one who has told me to cut away the bottom 1/3 of the plant to produce bigger colas and yields. Also, I started a thread some time back to allow others to see a thread that I came across by PistilWhipt over at Cannabis World. If you have seen it already, then please forgive me. However, while the benefits of pruning have been well known for a long time, PistilWhipt takes it to another level and you can hardly argue with his results. Here's the link in case you haven't read it. And, if you haven't read it, I HIGHLY recommend you do. It should be a sticky over here too but it already is at CW.

http://cannabisworld.org/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64277&highlight=stickys

Sleepy

Veteran
hi Wikid!!!

to trim or not...? hmmm there are benefits, more air movement, less risk of mold, others probably know more...

it looks real good from here!!

good show!! :canabis: :canabis:

wikidcalibudgrl

18 Days

18 Days

:wave:
Rellik, Rac, Sleepy ,, thanks for all your replies,,, I have Trimmed :biglaugh:

Here's a before and after shot,,,

It was hard makin al the cuts,, but it's done now :rolleyes:
I moved um around a little, and did some tiedowns here and there gettin everyone in good light, but not a whole lot. :chin: I guess we'll see the real results after a couple days after everyone "settles back in", an my next rez change is in just a couple days,, so they'll get another shot of MAOB and full bloom nutes. :whip:

Here's a pic of like 1/4 of the canopy :canabis: after the trim up, and one of the stock of one of the NL's,, fatty :eek:

and a one more :biglaugh:( this ones at 16 days)

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Girl you are wikid with the scissors :biglaugh: ! Real nice trim job - I did a mini trim on my girls last night. Your girls will be thankful for the cool breezes they will feel :wink:

Looking great wikid! That stem looks like a tree trunk! :friends:

wikidcalibudgrl

Girl you are wikid with the scissors ! Real nice trim job - I did a mini trim on my girls last night. Your girls will be thankful for the cool breezes they will feel

Looking great wikid! That stem looks like a tree trunk!
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Looks a little better then that shots shows, :eek: , i had turned the fan back on b4 takin the pic,, they'll be happier I think. The bottoms were pretty snaggle-pussed with little piddley chit,, wish I'da thought of doin it a bit sooner but no biggie :rolleyes: . Funny that Rellik mentioned it the same day I thought about it too! :whip:

Rellikbuzz

The plants look much better post-pruning, Wikid!! Nice job, girl!! In a couple of days, you could get a bit more agressive higher up if you want to plump-up the main colas. You could trim the growth shoots on the lower nodes. If you've never done this, just look at the internode and trim the shoot off completely that is coming out at the junction of the meristem and the petiole (stem) of the fan leaf. On the lower nodes, these only end up being "popcorn" buds and rob growth hormones from the main colas. I would leave the top four nodes on each branch alone. They will fill in to be big, fat, juicy colas for you. I did this with great results on my current grow! Other than that suggestion, everything looks really good! Keep it up!! :yes:

wikidcalibudgrl

Well thx Rellik! I was trying not to be too aggresive, yet not too wussy about it either :rolleyes: I'll take another pic or two tomarrow or the next day and see how they're doin then,, they definately got a lot more "breathin room" now. and after consulting my grow room calendar I found my rez change is tomarrow :eek: so i filled my holding tank up earlier this evening, and will do it first thing in the morning. Thanks again for stopping back in and the ups. :wave: :friends: