What's new

My father used to say

sutra1

"People are afraid of success cause it comes wearing overalls and looks like work"

I miss my father...........................

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

my dad would say to me when ever I pissed him off )whichseemed alot when I was a teen)...

"I hope you have a dozen just like you!"

Now as a father of 5 kids all grown, I totally understand what he meant.

I miss my father, I can honestly say he is the one person I have loved the most. Strange as that sounds.

minds_I

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
hey fella...what the hell's going on here?
feed the chickens, slop the pigs, flake out some hay for the horses, and water them all.
did you do your chores?
hey fella...clean that plate.
if you're not in bed by midnight, come on home.

miss you dad.

E

Encore

Only wise saying my oldman bestowed to me was, "All the money in the world means nothing, if you dont have your health"

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when asking my father to do something ,or when things wouldn't go my way .His response would be

"Thats the Brakes"

I always hated that ,cause i was usually pissed off afterwards.He was also famous for ripping the cheese and saying

"That was a barking spider"

And or also ,blaming it on the dog...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we (dad & I) had a 15 block walk (each way) from our office to Grand Central Station in NYC, he shared many ideas and thoughts with me during those walks. in the mornings the streets were usually void of homeless people but in the evenings they were scattered here & there on our route.

actions speak louder than words.......

on the colder nights dad & I would stop @ a McDonalds & BK to grab a big bag of burgers, fries & coffees and we'd seek out the men and women on the manhattan streets needing a warm meal.

I miss my dad sorely, mom too.......

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
we (dad & I) had a 15 block walk (each way) from our office to Grand Central Station in NYC, he shared many ideas and thoughts with me during those walks. in the mornings the streets were usually void of homeless people but in the evenings they were scattered here & there on our route.

actions speak louder than words.......

on the colder nights dad & I would stop @ a McDonalds & BK to grab a big bag of burgers, fries & coffees and we'd seek out the men and women on the manhattan streets needing a warm meal.

I miss my dad sorely, mom too.......

Wow...very nice story!! Props to your Parents, for laying the foundation to the cool Mo-Fo you are today!!
Peace bro--:tiphat:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
take a jacket with you.. whether it be summer, fall, winter or spring he made sure i had a jacket.. peace n pufs

sacKO

supermanlives

Veteran
get out , are you 18 yet. i had to walk 4 miles to school in bad shoes with holes. pick up that can its worth money, the motherfucker would pull the car over for me to retrieve a can. we werent poor but he acted like it was the depression

AbbieDoobie

Every morning before going to school, he'd lower his morning paper and say, "Love ya, Pal." And, then he died at age 49 of a massive heart attack in our living room around Christmas '75. I, and a few others in our family, was at his side when he died. I was 12 at the time. He toked on a joint only once and didn't like the feeling it gave him. He loved his beer, though.

~Abbie :joint:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the older I get the more I realize that even the things my dad told me that I didn't agree with were for my benefit & that mostly he was right.......

Latest posts

Latest posts