What's new

My father used to say

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
get out , are you 18 yet. i had to walk 4 miles to school in bad shoes with holes. pick up that can its worth money, the motherfucker would pull the car over for me to retrieve a can. we werent poor but he acted like it was the depression
maybe it was just his way of trying to teach you that 'if you watch your pennies the dollars will look after themselves'.

if your dad was old enough to live through the depression then he saw things you can only read about bro.......

sutra1

we (dad & I) had a 15 block walk (each way) from our office to Grand Central Station in NYC, he shared many ideas and thoughts with me during those walks. in the mornings the streets were usually void of homeless people but in the evenings they were scattered here & there on our route.

actions speak louder than words.......

on the colder nights dad & I would stop @ a McDonalds & BK to grab a big bag of burgers, fries & coffees and we'd seek out the men and women on the manhattan streets needing a warm meal.

I miss my dad sorely, mom too.......

Yo Stoner,
Did your father ever take you to lunch or dinner downstairs at the Oyster Bar?
My parents did and now I take my children there. Been eating there for almost fifty years.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Dad wanted my entire family to move to Hawaii to start a business. I was a mountain boy and loved my fishin & foulin, and didn't want to move. I'll never forget what he said...
"Son, if you don't like Hawaii, you'll be damn disappointed in heaven."

He was right. All the family members ended up moving back to the mainland, but I'm still here!:)

Latest posts

Latest posts