What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Economy Grow

zoic

Week 5 pics

Week 5 pics

Now that I have bigger pots and new soil that can drain, I think these plants will start growing a little more quickly.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Seems very small for a 1.5 months old plant
How is your temp- humidity- air circulation going?

zoic

I received the digital thermometer and litmus paper. The tap water is a solid 7.
I turned up the heater and when I put the stat in the closet it showed 28C a short time later. After some trial and error I got the temps floating between 25C and 26C. The rh is only 22%. so I need to add some water containers to raise the humidity to at least 50%.

Looks like you got things going the right direction.

I think the biggest thing to consider is to get lights that will give you a decent yield. T12 will not do that well. You would have to train the plants to grow horizontally along the bulbs. Even that wouldn't really be enough to yield much.
Try to get at least a 400w electronic ballast reflector kit, if possible. I know it's not cheap but you can get a setup for $100 American online. And that will give you close to a 3'x3' space. You will be rewarded with jars of buds for your investment.

Google search "400w grow light" I found one for $75 everything you need.

zoic

Thanks. This setup is my first quick start at growing. I am going to keep vegging for a bit longer while I work on a setup with better lighting etc.. for the flowering stage. I will receive my first CPP cheque in a few weeks and then I can start to work on a better setup.

zoic

Week 7 pics

Week 7 pics

Big changes from last week, especially the one in the red coloured pot. That one is now under a LED bulb and is doing much better. I went out today and bought another light for flowering. It is a 38W LED, 4000 lumen, two 4 ft bulbs.

Last edited:

zoic

Week 8 pics

Week 8 pics

Had some good growth in the last week. Lots on new shoots growing from the nodes. I had one plant that was growing about 2" a day and it I only have the LED about that much above the top . It also seemed to have a bend in the main stalk and it was crying to me to try LST. My technique was not well thought out so it was an epic fail, sort of.

zoic

OOPS!

OOPS!

The plant outside of the closet, under a single LED bulb was growing up to the light every day, about 2 inches/day. Since it seemed to already have a bend that made it lilt to one side I decided to try LST.

It was so bendy and flexible that I got away with myself and while pulling the top down I also tried to get it to curve around the pot a little bit. When I used my thumb to test the ability to curve I inadvertently put a bit too much pressure on the stem midway between two nodes, and it snapped.

So I moved on and cut the two longest branches off, then put them with the top of the plant in a glass of water to try and get some roots. I already have some Stim-Root so I am ready to go if they take. Sigh, so I did at least achieve topping and possibly some clones to boot, yah!

Trying to start more plants and out of 8 seeds (two runs of 4) I only had 3 germinate. One would not give up its helmet so I yanked it off. there was almost no cotyledon leaves but a new set of leaves had already started inside the shell. I think it is going to make it.

Also there is something going on with one of my plants at the top leaves. I suspect it was over watered. Any ideas?

Well I decided to go cheap for two reasons. I want to make sure my growing skills are uo to it since it has been about 30 years since my last grow. Also, I am so broke I cannot afford to change my mind.

So far I think I am doing well, but I really need to move forward with some better soil and nutes. Money is still an issue for now so I have to pick my battles.

Potting soil $2.25
Timer - $12.00

Everything else was re-purposed using left overs from my business that I closed. T12 bulbs poised a few inches above my plants.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71804&pictureid=1708269&thumb=1]View Image[/URL][URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71804&pictureid=1708573&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Week2 and Week3. How I am doing so far?

Looking off to a decent start. 30yrs since your last grow? Well then welcome back to gardening and happy growing! Looking forward to seeing how it goes for ya.

A few things i live buy when gardening

KISS= keep it super simple
Cleanlyness is godlyness

Good luck

New to the community any tips on posting pics?

zoic

Thanks folks. I guess I should update my new total cost so far, excluding hydro was has not seemed to change much.

Potting Soil 2.25
Flower Pots, Soil 49.25
38 Watt LED/4FT 90.40
Litmus Paper 6.79
Thermostat 10.99
Light Timer (x2) 33.86
LED bulbs x 2 4.71
======

TOTAL 198.25

zoic

Week 9 pics

Week 9 pics

These plants a really starting to fill out finally. My hope it to flip them to 12/12 at week 10. The first pics is the one I topped to get rid of some issue I was having with the leaves. It seems to be doing better now.

zoic

OOPS! after week 1 and new growth

OOPS! after week 1 and new growth

So my OOPS! is recovering nicely and has two new mains growing out now. The better plant of the peewees is about 2 weeks old now. Yah, I will go with that, LOL.

I also have a few in the basement now (temporary setup) from popping 4 beans. Three made it but one curled up and died. The temp down there is hovering around 20C, so if I want to take this seriously I need to setup a heat source and some plastic around the area, or something.
I am slowly working the kinks out and today I am going to top the best peewee, instead of waiting 8 weeks. I would prefer a short bushy plant with extra colas to a tall spindly twiggy.

zoic

In the final weeks

In the final weeks

Seems I am long overdue posting pics of my grow. I have some from day12 of flowering. It will be 45 days on the 17th. I will take more pics then for a comparison. Trichs are starting to get cloudy and the pistils are starting to show some brown.

Agronom

For those low numbers for set up, seems like a successful mission! My very first grow was one plant under a skylight in regular soil.. I got a few buds only, maybe six in total. Yeah..

Latest posts

Latest posts