What's new

My Diy Quantum boards

methias

Deep red

Deep red

Yw :) I'd love to see what one 660nm led in a corner does for flower development. Especially if all the plants are clones. :) I'm betting it would make for a great photoshoot near harvest time.
Here's your photo shoot.
I think I'm gonna have to break out a real camera to capture good pics with my deep red 50w cob and red strip DIY quantum boards lit.

They start 15 minutes before the other leds and stay on for 15 more after "sunset".
I'll try to get pics of the Venom OG buds. Just started flushing, buds just keep getting bigger and more dense. They've lived their lives with red dawn and dusk and LED'S.

Vape on

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Which corner are you using the 660n on, 'cause it looks like you're running it on the whole grow? That's a powerful red you have there. :D

warpese

Veteran
picture.php

hi guys the fixture works great and coupled with the flood table and scrog is amazing. now one (5) gorilla breath is blooming and I am very happy with the result, I hope for the final weight, I am excited

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

warpese

Veteran
for the first time in my career I think I break the gr/w. I collected about 30% of buds and I got 157gr
we will see at the end,
stay tuned :tiphat:

warpese

Veteran
here we are with final result:
ghe ebb&grow
370W diy led panel
5 scrogged gorilla breath
total 440gr

my best result ever, first time with idro.
cheers at all. i'm very happy :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
here we are with final result:
ghe ebb&grow
370W diy led panel
5 scrogged gorilla breath
total 440gr

my best result ever, first time with idro.
cheers at all. i'm very happy :tiphat:
Congrats, and thank you for sharing the journey. :) The physical structure of the flowers look very good to me. Low leaf to flower ratio, just the way I like it. :)

Nice setup,
I've been using led strip lighting for a bit now.
It's cheap and easy. I got a meanwell 12v 350watt switching driver, some sheet aluminum, and a variety of 50k, 40k, 30k white strips. I added red (come on 15 minutes before the other led's come on and stay on for an additional 15 minutes after the others shut off), and blue. ...:woohoo:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351659
Currently I have a sour diesel in week 10 of flower. https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=490284View Image
This is my fourth or fifth grow with leds. Last one netted me over 5 oz dry after loosing the main top bud to fungus.
Flushing my SD now I expect to cut in a week.

Vape on

That set up for the SD looks pretty slick.
Is it panels 360 degrees around the plant??

Boomitch

Hello Warpese, :tiphat:
this post is a little older but I a curious where to get the aluminum plates that you are using as Heat sinks?
Or a recommendation where I can find something that will work with this setup?
I am doing my first DIY setup and am interested in using your design. Looks like it works real nice from the pics.

warpese

Veteran
Hello Warpese, :tiphat:
this post is a little older but I a curious where to get the aluminum plates that you are using as Heat sinks?
Or a recommendation where I can find something that will work with this setup?
I am doing my first DIY setup and am interested in using your design. Looks like it works real nice from the pics.

hi Boomitch, I took those plates from a metal carpentry company, but in a good hardware store you can find them.

for your purpose you could use a simple U aluminum profile, then past the strips with this thermal tape
s-l1600.jpg
and you won't have any problem

Boomitch

hi Boomitch, I took those plates from a metal carpentry company, but in a good hardware store you can find them.

for your purpose you could use a simple U aluminum profile, then past the strips with this thermal tape View Imageand you won't have any problem

Are the aluminum plates 3/16” thick? Dimensions? I was going to just stop by a metal supply shop or welding shop and get them to cut me up some plates. Grab some angled aluminum while I was there also.

Did you purchase half 3k and half 3.5k strips?

I wish there was a private chat option
I appreciate you answering my questions.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Is the power meter running from the 30v ? I know they can measure ~100v but their own supply voltage is lower. I didn't think they could use 30v. Mine run off a separate 12v psu that's actually a 3w led driver. That's an 80v system anyway, but I have 36v ones I would love to be able to clip the meters straight in to.

This is the $1.20 cased 12v psu I use
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-driver...76:m:mFPeOTg38k4IHJVu9Fajz8Q&var=631881772376

Edit: I looked it up, 30v maximum, you just scraped home. As you likely knew. I will leave the post though, for anybody wanting to use these $2 meters with a system voltage over 30v.

warpese

Veteran
Are the aluminum plates 3/16” thick? Dimensions? I was going to just stop by a metal supply shop or welding shop and get them to cut me up some plates. Grab some angled aluminum while I was there also.

Did you purchase half 3k and half 3.5k strips?

I wish there was a private chat option
I appreciate you answering my questions.
hi it's anticorodal plate 300x300x3mm (a little bit heavy)
strips are 3000K for this flowering panel, i have also a veg panel in 3500K, looks perfect for all season
lm561c 3500 for veg
lm301b 3000 for bloom

Is the power meter running from the 30v ? I know they can measure ~100v but their own supply voltage is lower. I didn't think they could use 30v. Mine run off a separate 12v psu that's actually a 3w led driver. That's an 80v system anyway, but I have 36v ones I would love to be able to clip the meters straight in to.

This is the $1.20 cased 12v psu I use
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-driver...76:m:mFPeOTg38k4IHJVu9Fajz8Q&var=631881772376

Edit: I looked it up, 30v maximum, you just scraped home. As you likely knew. I will leave the post though, for anybody wanting to use these $2 meters with a system voltage over 30v.

forgive me, I don't understand. you mean the sonoff? it's the only power meter there, needs 100-240V

Boomitch

Thank you!!👍 overall dimensions roughly would be somewhere in the 900mm x 900mm range the including the frame?

I only have a 4x4 tent so just need to make sure I can make it for.
Where did you purchase your strips from if you don’t mind me asking?

warpese

Veteran
Thank you!!👍 overall dimensions roughly would be somewhere in the 900mm x 900mm range the including the frame?

I only have a 4x4 tent so just need to make sure I can make it for.
Where did you purchase your strips from if you don’t mind me asking?

700x700mm with the frame, i have 4x4 too

Boomitch

Warpese, which supplier on Alibaba did you source all you supplies from?
I am going to be ordering some stuff this week and seeing the results from your grow I would like to find a reputable spot to purchase!?
I figured out the answer to my last post, just needed to actually look at it.

Thank you and last question
🙏🙏

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
forgive me, I don't understand. you mean the sonoff? it's the only power meter there, needs 100-240V

The Red&Blue panel mount power meters you have on the edge of the frame, measuring led power in Volts and Amps.

They are very good for $2 each, plus the $1.20 psu I linked to, if measuring over 30v.

At $1.20 I thought the PSU might interest you for other projects, such as PC fans, as the form factor and price are quite agreeable

Boomitch