What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - 10 Varieties

G

Hey EL good job!

Just stopped in to say hi with my new highspeed!
Nice neat garden bro,keep us updated i wanna see
the mawalawi finish!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks Lou - it's not on your usual scale by any stretch, but looking good all the same! :)

The Malawi is getting me all hot now - it looks so good. I'm hoping I can pull quite a few ounces from this baby if it carries on like this.

HashishinReidi

Its looking like a jungle in there, the Jamaican has got very spikey looking buds if you know what i mean.

They look very solid buds on it ,But i still like the Malawi Gold the most like you , why i dont know .there is just somthing about her .

And thats not taking nothing away from the flo nl and g13 as they are all very nice strains .

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Purple Flo Harvested at 56 days...

Purple Flo Harvested at 56 days...

I'm glad you like them - I'm enjoying growing this much variety - much more fun than a single strain!

I just chopped the purple Flo today, and have started a thread of photos which I'll post as I chop them - I thought I'd leave this thread clear of harvest pics, as there's still some way to go on the grow.

So the first photos can be seen here - hope you like them:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53382

70s_PotHead

Very nice grow, dank dank dank I love it enjoy the smoke you deserve it :respect:

70s :joint:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just in there for 30 minutes just looking - I didn't actually do anything...:) Hey Elevatorman this quote of yours sounds distinctly familiar to what I do a lot of. Really enjoying your grow here. Watch that Malawi for mites, but so far she looks great. What about your seeds, how are they comming along? Again, great job, Dr. Duck.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Just a quick update here as it's late and I need to crash - lots happening though all the same - the purple Flo is down, dry and curing in a jar - tbough I couldn't resist pinching a few small buds, and it is amazing already, despite the freshness.

I've just pulled out the Mystery Strain from the growroom tonight for photographing and chopping tomorrow daytime - that's finished at 61 days. It's more nibbled by mites than any other strain, but it's OK - this is the only weak spot I can find in this strain, and it is a weak spot, as some strains have hardly been touched - all good educational stuff though.

I don't think I'll run this one again though - I've been growing it solid for four years, and it is pretty widespread now in my area - my pheno and the 'other' pheno. I can always get it to smoke and get more cuts if I need them, but I need a break from growing it. However, it's great enough for me to continue it in seed form crossed with Flo - this will be one half of a new strain I'm going to attempt over the next couple of years - the basics anyway.

In the next two days I also expect to chop the green Flo and the Jamaican - followed by the G13 and the NL X BB a couple of days after that, so it's going to be full-on busy for the next week. I'll hold off photos here for now, as each strain will get harvest pics in the photo-thread, so watch this space for updates tomorrow:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53382&page=1&pp=15

G

EM,

I am looking forward to your pics and enjoy your Flo. I am still enjoying mine and making it last.

Last edited:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Ola senior :wave:

Not had a look in here before. Nice selection you've got going. That Malawi looks like a monster. :yoinks:

I've tried to find the info in here but haven't seen you mention it, how big is your room? :chin: That looks a real nice size! Not too big but still roomy enough to give you good options. I'm jeallous. :D

Buddox

Great thread EM,excellent pics and very well documented.
I'm hoping to find three or four different strains that compliment each other and grow two at a time.
Enjoy your bounty:)

thanks for the nomination! Buddox

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Alex - the room is 1.6m X 1.4m X 2m high - though I can't ram the lights right up against the ceiling, so really about 1.5m high - that's about the absolute maximum height plant I could handle, but a metre is ideal.

I built the growroom within the best room in my cellar with a 3" X 2" softwood frame, with additional struts midway down each 'wall', which lets me screw in hooks for fans etc. Then I double lined it with plastic - each side of the wood. That gives an air-gap of around 2", which gives it some insulation from the cold of the cellar, and stops too much heat leaking out too. Then I added another layer of B/W on the inside, and then 1.4m of Mylar from the bottom up on top of that, so they're well protected. Also the stone floor is covered with foam camping mats to keep out the cold, and then three layers of damp-proof PVC sheet. The cellar has been about 53F the last few days, but the plants don't suffer at all.

It all works pretty well, except it can get hot in there in summer - if I do grow in summer I just keep it to one lamp and do a smaller grow.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Wow it looks much bigger! :yoinks:

My cab is about 0,7m x 1,40m, I just used standard mdf building pannels to slot together for it. So you've got twice the base area I have, I'm jeallous. :D

Mine's only 1,8m high though, but I can pull the light right up to the ceiling, so height wise we're probably equal. :chin:

I'm real happy with cab growing though. I think if I had a huge cellar, I'd still have cabs, one for each strain. :biglaugh:

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
Kick ass grow man. The purple flo is realling putting it out. Id like to see how the g13 ends up :)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The purple Flo is already 'sleeping in a jar'...and the G13 will be down in a couple of days...it's getting very heavy now, and flopping around like a drunk octopus...:)

BTW, I just posted photos of the Mystery Strain, which I chopped down today - check out the thread below.

G

"flopping around like a drunk octopus" :D
best of luck with the g13 harvest that is one harvest i wont miss! I have some of jlp's mis mud to try out which have a bit of g13 in them i think ;)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Whether it's 'really' G13 or not is difficult to know - it doesn't look like any of the other G13s I've seen up here! It has very droopy leaves and they're always bright neon green rather than the usual dark green leathery look. The buds taste somewhere between very sweet lemon, lime and grapefruit detergent - gorgeous, basically...:)

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
I thought G13 was quite bland taste wise and mainly used cause it's a big yielder? :confused:

I've only run H3ad's G13 x NYCD, as far as G13 crosses goes, but that was a treat. :yummy:

G

Well the name isn't really what makes the pot, if its good smoke then then it could be called anything as far as i am concerned. It helps with identification too but other than its just marketing.
Sounds great I am after that lemon/lime taste with a strong high. I will keep checking for updates! i have a couple of Malawi gold seedlings just starting out. If i can get them looking like that Malawi of yours i will be a happy man.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Been pretty busy recently, what with the harvesting, etc...check out the pics in the sig below if you haven't yet. Tomorrow I'll be photographing and harvesting the Northern Lights X Big Bud and the G13, which has almost totally collapsed now, the buds are so heavy. All plants look to be about as fat as they could be for the rootspace.

One point of interest here - as I've emptied the pots of soil, I've noticed that the rootballs on all plants have been vastly improved over previous grows - showing the Rhizotonic/Cannazym combo has really worked - also they smell good - like new potatoes, instead of slightly rotten/pungent which I've had before.

As for the other remaining plants - the Skunk#1 'B' pheno will be cut next week, leaving the two long-flowering Skunks and the Malawi Gold, which has a few weeks to go. New strains added in the last two days are:

Malawi Gold X Flo
Skunk#1 'B' X Flo
Black Domina F2
Thai pheno #1

I'm just waiting for a couple of males in the above batches to show themselves properly before I repot them - these won't get any real veg time under the main lights, and will just go straight into flower - they're just for test smoke really.

Also to be added tomorrow:

Flo (purple #2) - indica pheno
'Chumboldt' (Cheese X Yumboldt)
Two more Thai phenos

This should give me plenty to play around with whilst the Malawi Gold etc. finish off. Additonally, I've got a competition going on upstairs between two Flo males as to who will be the stud for the next generation (my F3, but will be F6 from parent) - so there's no resting yet, but I will have plenty to smoke in the next few days!

Hope to keep the interest up with some new pics once I've removed these males and got the new plants into position...

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
:dueling:

those black domina and chumboldt's sound pretty nice as well..

i'm quite fond of the domina and the yumboldt from humboldt.. never had a taste of the cheese but i was thinking that toejam which is a flo x cheese hybrid looked pretty interesting..

happy gardening!

Last edited: