What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - 10 Varieties

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Pretty coloring in that Purple Flo

For the spider mites they are a bitch but if I remember riight a lot of air circulation may help out. They sell those bombs but like you say you dont wanta put stuff on your bud. Last resort type deal. Clean inbetween grows I am sure you know all this.

Best thing I have found is try and elimanate whatever condition it is that is allowing those darn things to thrive. Know what I mean? But its hard too as I battle those damn fungus gnats and can never seem to totally rid of them.

Good luck and nice pics :wave:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Yeah, there's a permanent gale blowing in there! I'm venting continuously now - too hot to not do it anyway, but the mites don't like it when it's windy! I don't want to make it any more humid - hard to now anyway, as the leaves are beginning to drop, and it's better dry than damp at this stage. None of the mites are anywhere on the buds - it's only the big shade leaves, so I'm not panicking. I've never really had them before this grow though.

Of more immediate concern is plant stability - as the buds get bigger, the plants are beginning to wobble - there's a lot of weight up there, and the G13 in particular gets very floppy as it finishes - not the strongest stems, and the buds get very heavy. So I'm adding a few garden stakes as I go - just tying-on with string and cable ties so they don't rock around too much. After that, we'll see how it goes - I don't use yo-yos or anything like that - way too much hassle, as I'm in there too regularly - and they're too strong!

guineapig

Veteran
Love the grow show Elevator Man!!!!

Yes i imagine plant stability is an issue for you now......but all things being equal, that's not a bad problem to have!!!

Thanks for all the pics.....many blessings be upon you and your glorious garden!!!

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Guineapig Thanks for the kind comments - and yeah, I guess that's one issue I shouldn't really be grumbling about...:)

It's a labour of love, but having a plan, and sticking to it (unless proved wrong) has really paid off this time - and I'm really enjoying it, rather than it feeling like work! But I honestly don't think I could do a single-variety crop again - having ten different ones has really helped me see both the differences and the similarities in the plants, and I feel a lot more in tune with cannabis in general now.
Even the Skunks and Flos, though the same strain, are so different that they still keep me fascinated. Also the few friends who have seen this are a lot more interested in growing themselves now...:)

All my nursery and veg plants are in a similar state of health, and again, it's just down to focus, and changing the priorities from 'cash value' to 'primo quality' - it's produced a huge difference in attitude in me, and the plants are showing the improvement.

I just asked them about it, and they told me that they're thoroughly enjoying themselves....:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Malawi Monster...

Malawi Monster...

I pulled out the Malawi Gold just now to give it one final neem spray - it's not badly affected, as this pheno seems to have much more of an immunity to mites than the other #2 pheno, which I binned after the last grow. But I don't want them to get any worse, as this one has quite a way to go yet - this strain won't trigger until 12/12, unlike the other strains, so this is at 35 days, and just beginning to bud properly.

Unlike the last grow, I elected to not bend or train the plant, and rely instead on vicious pruning and tipping until I got the shape I wanted, and hoping it would stay inside my height window - I've just managed it! It's pretty much given up stretching now, and stands at just over a metre (41 inches) from the soil line - it's my proudest achievement in terms of plant structure.

Even better, there are 30 major stems on this plant, compared to five on my last one, which yielded 2.5 ounces. The longest on this plant is 28 inches long, compared to 22 on the last one.

So...anyone want to guess what this one might yield at harvest? Just thinking about it makes me tremble...:)

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
looking really great EM! hope those malawis have enough roots to fill all those branches out nice and even and fat! really nice cropping.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
There's roots visible at the bottom of the pot, so I'm hoping it should be enough. My instincts are to not re-pot this though now - from the little I know about pure sativas, keeping them slightly pot-bound will keep them from stretching any further - it really is at the maximum height I can deal with now, so I'll just concentrate on quality feeding from now on...

G

Wow I was impressed with the garden shot above but that malawi is stunning!
I have some of seedsmans malawi but i am not running it yet. I have less space than you at the moment.
Keep it green and good luck with the mites! I am dealing with thrips right now:(

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Neilspotshop - I was surprise how easy it is to 'discipline' this Malawi - I think it could be done in quite a small space, as long as it was watched carefully. I'm getting less and less worried about sativas indoors - this Thai is also stocky as hell right now - early days obviously, but I'm ready with the clippers...:)

If it does harvest as well as I think, I may have to call an emergency UK growers conference (somewhere remote) to help me 'assess' it appropriately...be ready with the clippers...:)

EM

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Flowering Update - Day 45 of 14/10, Day 37 of 12/12...

Flowering Update - Day 45 of 14/10, Day 37 of 12/12...

"Taste the rainbow of fruit flavours..." :yummy:

Into the final stretch for the eight-week strains now, and most of the plants are really beginning to display their harvest colors - the Flos in particular (as usual), the most spectacular, but the Jamaican will also turn purple in a week or so - already showing the first signs.

The eight-weekers should start putting on some weight from now on - I'm going to feed them one more week, and then flush with ph-adjusted water with Cannazym for the last week. If they still look like they can keep going after that, I'll just use water until they're done.

The Jamaican, G13 and Skunk 'B' should be the week after - then I'll move the remaining three plants under the far light and bring in the next batch of plants to go into flower immediately - they're all 7-8 week strains, so I can finish them all off together. (I'm pretending my Thai seedlings don't exist for now, as it's too confusing).

Skunks 'A', 'B', 'C':

Purple Flo:

Green Flo:

Mystery Strain and NL X BB:

G13:

Malawi Gold:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful plants bro, very healthy....cant wait to hear your thoughts on em when finished .
Peace

Cato

Bloody Good Show!

Bloody Good Show!

Well dude, just made it through from the start and cannot resist paying my compliments. Bloody Fantastic show! Your experience shows through from the start, and the results speak for themselves. Couple of things I wondered from the pics, it looks like one or two of the plants had much paler leaves than others. Malawi was one of them. Is this normal leaf colour for each plant or were some maybe wanting more nutes than the other darker ones were getting? I also wondered about the size of the pot for the Malawi as it will be in there for so long, but after your comments about retarding stretching by limiting root growth, I think is very interesting. Particularly for me at the moment as I have just popped a pack of Malawi Gold along with a load of other stuff (very varied like you!). I would love to hear the details of how you went about pinching/pruning yours. As I will have the very same issue as you did in a couple of weeks (the seedlings are only 1 week old) so it would be a great help. I have to agree your Malawi is something to be very proud of indeed :wave:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Cato - thanks for the comments - to be honest, I was a little worried about taking on so many strains at once, but it hasn't really been a problem - other than as you mentioned, the Malawi, which is just naturally way longer in flowering than the others. I'm going to add a little more soil tomorrow to give it a touch more nitrogen, and give my conscience a rest! As for the rest, I was a little concerned a week ago when the leaves started yellowing fast, but I think this is normal for good soil nutes - the buds all look to be developing nicely. By next week I'm not expecting many leaves left on half of the plants!

The Jamaican is the only one I've never grown before, and it is astounding - the buds are still trying to stay separate, showing some kind of indica heritage, but it's inevitable that they'll join up soon. But they're beginning to look like lilac-colored pineappples in shape - the most chunky, heavy-set buds I've ever seen. That one has its own thread in the strains forum, so the best pics of that will probably be found there...:)

But cheers for reading the whole thread too - it's getting long I know, but I just can't help it...:)

HashishinReidi

Malawi Monster you are not kidding there , she sure has gone to a lovely shape.I would sayits going to bud up well nice .

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I managed to get another kilo of soil in the Malawi pot tonight - the strong stuff, John Innes No. 3, which should boost the nitrogen level somewhat, and keep some green in those leaves.

I'll keep to the flowering nutes, as I don't want to shock it, and it's looking healthy enough - I just want to make sure it has plenty of energy in reserve when those buds start to fatten up. They'll easily be the longest buds I've ever grown, and it'll be interesting to see how the plant copes with so many!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Flowering Update - Day 52 of 14/10, Day 44 of 12/12...

Flowering Update - Day 52 of 14/10, Day 44 of 12/12...

This is probably the last group shoot of this batch of plants before I begin harvesting the fast ones - the purple Flo on Friday, and I'm guessing the next ones will be the Jamaican, green Flo and the NL X BB and Mystery Strain a few days later. Then it'll be the G13, and Skunk 'B'. By that time there will be a whole new bunch of 7-8 week plants replaced them, but I'll save that treat until later on...:)

Health-wise they're all superb, bar the mites on the NL X BB and Mystery Strain - they're not that bad, and they're not getting any worse, which means they missed their harvest window!

I'm flushing the purple Flo now, which usually induces a spurt of new calyx growth, but I'm still expecting it to be done on Friday at 56 days - a few longer than usual, but it's much bigger and healthier than usual! All the other fast plants will get their last feed tomorrow, and then I'll begin flushing those until harvest in about ten days.

Purple Flo:

Green Flo:

Malawi Gold:

G13:

NL X BB and Mystery Strain - clearly related, but different in many areas:

Jamaican:

Skunks:

G

Dang...just saw this grow. I'm a big fan of sk#1...got two big girls in flower now. Love to see the finished buds off those plants! :smoke:

G

:yoinks: Looks amazing :D I think your only problem will be deciding which to smoke first. :woohoo: Great grow and much respect!
Best of luck with the harvest!
:joint:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Neil - cheers - I was just in there for 30 minutes just looking - I didn't actually do anything...:)

Well I just chopped off a finished G13 and Jamaican bud from the bottom of each plant for testing - and as much for insurance in case I run out of my bought smoke before any of that purple Flo is dry...:)

Latest posts

Latest posts