What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Coco Quest: Coco Hempy 4x4

justiceman

Veteran
Week 6(Day 42) FLOWER Royal Highness(Humboldt Seed Company)

Alright we are going pretty good right now.

Everything is frosting up and getting a bit more dense. Colors are coming out a bit more. Currently riding my pH at 5.8-6.0 as always. Either today or in the next few days Veg+Bloom(Base) will be lowered to 1.25-1.5g per gallon and Shine(PK) will stay 1.25g per gallon. I may raise Shine to 1.5-2g but I'll most likely just leave it where it is. My logic is that if I drop my base to roughly 50% for the last few weeks coming then Shine should keep PK levels where they are but N will drop off.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
In the future I plan to try a true run(not just one small auto) with just the Base and no PK for comparison as I've seen some really nice pictures with only the Base being used by Dan and my auto LSD-25 did just fine with only the Base under HO t5's

LSD-25 auto test on nothing but Base
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Right on guys!

-------------------------------------------------

Week 7(day49) FLOWER of Royal Highness by Humboldt seed company

Time sure does fly doesn't it. I am already entering the final late stages of flower.

Still riding my pH at 5.8-6.0 as always. Tonight will be the last feed with Veg+Bloom base. From here on out it will be shine at 1g per gallon until 4-5 days before harvest and from then on pH’d tap water.

Things to work on and consider:

• Canopy Management: Honestly did not do much Defoliation this time around aside from the very bottom fan leaves. I want to start playing around with it more. I also need to get better at judging the stretch. These got too tall and once again I could have gone with about a week less of veg.
  • Automatic Feeds: I have a minute timer and a pump but I just need to start putting things together here
  • Lighting: I have been hearing good things about CMH and COB's. Might be thinking about trying one of those lighting systems out here soon in the future.
I am loving the colors that are coming out on this strain!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

MedResearcher

Veteran
Great thread, impressive roots, nice flowers~!

Was curious of your opinion of the Smart Pot vs Hempy Bucket?

Smart pot, drain to waste, multiple irrigation's is so fool proof. Do you think the added reservoir in the hempy's is worth the effort?

Thanks,
Mr^^

justiceman

Veteran
Nice colores indeed. :good:
Right on! I hope they come out even more in these last few weeks.

Great thread, impressive roots, nice flowers~!

Was curious of your opinion of the Smart Pot vs Hempy Bucket?

Smart pot, drain to waste, multiple irrigation's is so fool proof. Do you think the added reservoir in the hempy's is worth the effort?

Thanks,
Mr^^
The kind words are much appreciated!

Smart pot DTW multifeed is a full proof way to go no doubt about that. In fact I believe it's probably one of the best ways to get the most yield and use out of coco.

Coco Hempy's work well for someone that needs a little bit of buffer room for hand watered feed timings. Basically it helps to keep the coco from drying out which is a huge deal breaker for most coco grows because of the EC spike and pH fluctuation.

In my opinion the added reservoir of the hempy is only worth the extra effort if you are doing a smaller scale run with limited space and equipment. I can only imagine the nightmare and time it would take to build an army of hempy buckets not to mention having to by an additional medium for a large room.

justiceman

Veteran
Got some crude close up pictures tonight with a macgyver set up.

Phone>jewlers loupe>method seven hps glasses

The trichs are starting to milk up nicely.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

justiceman

Veteran
Looks really good.

Awesome looking buds

Thanks for the compliments!

-----------------------------------------------

Week 8(Day 56) Royal Highness(Royal Kush x Cali Dream x Trainwreck)

Just cruising along here enjoying these fall colors coming out
cool.png
Still riding my pH at 5.8-6.0 as always and feeding once a day. Since day 49 they have been getting only Shine(PK) at 1g per gallon. I'll be doing this until 4-5 days before harvest and from then on pH’d tap water at 150ppm or 0.3EC

Things to consider:
I might have to run some outdoor plants this season for fun. I love playing with quality soil and it's been a little while since an outdoor grow. Debating if I want to have fun with some auto seeds I have or test out some normal photoperiod seeds. Maybe both as I have a nice little stash. We shall see!

Nutrient Thoughts:
So have you guys heard of Mega Crop by Green Leaf Nutrients? I've seen a few threads about it here and there. It seems to be a solid 1 part hydroponic nutrient. Very similar to the simplicity of Veg+Bloom, Maxibloom, and Jacks Hydro.

I have wanted to try Jacks but never got around to it because I didn't feel like buying 4 pounds of base and calcium nitrate if I ended up not liking it although I can't see why I would not. Apparently Mega Crop is just as affordable as Jacks but actually has a few more additives mixed into the base much like Veg+Bloom. Very informative website that is well put together but good websites don't grow plants. I have a free sample coming my way so I'll give it a shot at some point and see how it goes against Veg+Bloom. It's more affordable than Veg+Bloom(which is already pretty cheap haha) mostly when it comes to bulk pricing.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
:tiphat:Great nugs amazing colors.
:dance013:Much appreciated maimunji. It's been quite some time since I have gotten lucky enough to get colors like this. Speaking of which....

Snapped a quick picture through my method seven hps glasses while feeding the girls tonight and thought I’d share.

The amount of purple is getting ridiculous! Soon we’ll be at week 9 which is about a week past the breeders recommended time frame. I typically like to go past if I don’t know the strain and I like to assume my environment isn’t nearly as good as the breeders. Rarely if ever can I remember harvesting late and being disappointed.

Starting to finally see some ambers coming in and way more cloudy trichomes through my jewelers loupe so I believe I’m entering my harvest window pretty soon here. I’ll keep monitoring but it’s looking like maybe 3-4 days after week 9 will be harvest time!

picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Those look awesome Justice! Those are in Hempy bucket's?, what size?
Right on bobbo! Yup these are in black 3gal(maybe 3.5gal) buckets Coco Hempy style. 4x4 tent with 4 Coco Hempy's under a 600w HPS from start to finish.

Those are happy looking ladies. Beautiful frost and color.
:tiphat: Thanks! I am very happy with how things are turning out here. I took a chance on these clones but the gamble seemed to pay off.

justiceman

Veteran
Gonna start up something new :biggrin:

A little strain tester outdoor grow with some seeds I have. Dutch Passion Outlaw, Strain Hunters Afgooey, and Geno Farms Farm Cheese.

I mixed up this small batch for them once they pop open. Happened to have everything on hand from some time ago.

Classic LC’s base mix #1
5 parts Coco
3 parts Perlite
2 parts Earthworm Castings

and then

Powdered dolomite lime at 2TBS per gallon of soilles mix.

picture.php

It will be a water only grow. I like to keep hydro inside and organics outside so soon I’ll mix up a larger batch of base mix but I’ll be including the following for a stronger and more diverse food source aside from the castings/dolomite.

1TBS blood meal per gal
2TBS bone meal per gal
1TBS kelp meal per gal

I’ll let it compost for a few weeks while the seedlings come along:huggg:

justiceman

Veteran
Week 9(Day 63) Royal Highness(Royal Kush x Cali Dream x Trainwreck)
Sup everyone! Still riding my pH at 5.8-6.0 as always and feeding once a day. Since day 49 they have been getting only Shine(PK) at 1g per gallon. I'm starting to see a lot more amber trichs popping up so the time of harvest is here. I have also seen a reduction on the required volume of daily water which is another sign harvest is here. I will start them on the pH'd tap water diet for the next 3-4 days and then chop chop.

It's gonna be awesome. I cannot wait to have some new smoke!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php