What's new

My Coco Quest: Coco Hempy 4x4

Dakine

Veteran
Damn bro, Good harvest!~ So close to hitting A pound lol.. Are the smells changing at all during the cure?

Bro those colas look thick/dense as hell.. Im suprised since its probably rootbound, and ive always gotten airier buds when my plants are rootbound..

Bobbo4200

Veteran
You may find this kind of ridiculous but that solo cup sits in my nursery sections which is just four 4ft T5 HO lamps at 54w each or 216w total. She sits a few inches away from the lights. I'd have never expected t5's do be able to do this.

I'm interested to see how she looks 3 weeks from now!

Wow nice! So you basically left in your Veg area?, on an 18/6 light schedule?

Thanks guy!

justiceman

Veteran
Damn bro, Good harvest!~ So close to hitting A pound lol.. Are the smells changing at all during the cure?

Bro those colas look thick/dense as hell.. Im suprised since its probably rootbound, and ive always gotten airier buds when my plants are rootbound..
:laughing: haha so close! Right on dakine! I think I probably hit it or just barely because I did smoke some of the flowers before the weigh in as I ran out of my stash.

The Deadhead is becoming more intense in the lemon pine aromas(I hope I'm describing this right I'm terrible at this lol).

The Chocolate Hashberry had a fresh berry smell, but now it smells more subtle on the berry and has a bit more coffee or a wine like smell to it but when you break it open the intensity comes back. Like a nice purple strain.

Ya the lower colas are definitely not that dense(expected of t5's), but I'm very impressed with the top cola. This is only my second autoflower and my first time flowering in a solo cup so I did not know what to expect but coco and veg+bloom have not let me down yet!

Wow nice! So you basically left in your Veg area?, on an 18/6 light schedule?

Thanks guy!
Yup! It's an LSD-25 Autoflower strain. Auto's thrive on 18/6 light schedules and some even do up to 24/0. They don't care about light leaks or anything. Pretty cool if you ask me. I've been having fun with them these last few months. Only downside is they don't take kindly to mistakes as you can't just extend the veg period. It's a set time limit.

GrnEyes

These look amazing. My friend had an agent orange do the same thing the chocolate hashberry is doing where the top leaves around the bud go up. Is that just completely normal for strains? It's obvious your ladies are super healthy and I'm new to this but it was just somethingmething different I notoced on one of his plants.

GrnEyes

Justiceman- I'm loving this thread. Great explainations and advice from you and some of the others. Please keep it going. It is very helpful!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
:laughing: haha so close! Right on dakine! I think I probably hit it or just barely because I did smoke some of the flowers before the weigh in as I ran out of my stash.

The Deadhead is becoming more intense in the lemon pine aromas(I hope I'm describing this right I'm terrible at this lol).

The Chocolate Hashberry had a fresh berry smell, but now it smells more subtle on the berry and has a bit more coffee or a wine like smell to it but when you break it open the intensity comes back. Like a nice purple strain.

Ya the lower colas are definitely not that dense(expected of t5's), but I'm very impressed with the top cola. This is only my second autoflower and my first time flowering in a solo cup so I did not know what to expect but coco and veg+bloom have not let me down yet!

Yup! It's an LSD-25 Autoflower strain. Auto's thrive on 18/6 light schedules and some even do up to 24/0. They don't care about light leaks or anything. Pretty cool if you ask me. I've been having fun with them these last few months. Only downside is they don't take kindly to mistakes as you can't just extend the veg period. It's a set time limit.

I may have to try one of them at some point!, pretty cool!

justiceman

Veteran
These look amazing. My friend had an agent orange do the same thing the chocolate hashberry is doing where the top leaves around the bud go up. Is that just completely normal for strains? It's obvious your ladies are super healthy and I'm new to this but it was just somethingmething different I notoced on one of his plants.
Thanks for stopping in! No the leaves were not supposed to do that. Unfortunately that was a result of me feeding a bit too high(most likely from the addition of the PK booster). You want to avoid it if possible, but it can happen. It's not ideal but it's not a huge deal either as long as your friend makes sure to flush well towards the end of harvest things should be fine.

Justiceman- I'm loving this thread. Great explainations and advice from you and some of the others. Please keep it going. It is very helpful!
I'm very glad that you are enjoying this thread. That's the whole reason I post these updates. I'm at a pause currently, but I will definitely be continuing this thread.

I may have to try one of them at some point!, pretty cool!
They are pretty fun. Just do one as a side experiment if you can!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for stopping in! No the leaves were not supposed to do that. Unfortunately that was a result of me feeding a bit too high(most likely from the addition of the PK booster). You want to avoid it if possible, but it can happen. It's not ideal but it's not a huge deal either as long as your friend makes sure to flush well towards the end of harvest things should be fine.

I'm very glad that you are enjoying this thread. That's the whole reason I post these updates. I'm at a pause currently, but I will definitely be continuing this thread.

They are pretty fun. Just do one as a side experiment if you can!

I was just going to ask ....... so whats next in the grow room ???

justiceman

Veteran
I was just going to ask ....... so whats next in the grow room ???

It's been a while! I'm back in the room with a new run and it is Dark Heart Nursery's Royal Highness. Sorry I have been a bit busy and should have started taking note of the progress at the beginning but I'm here for the best part of the show anyway right?
I hope everyone has been doing well!

Week 4 FLOWER

Just starting off week 4 of flower today. Definitely getting some nice stacking and resin production so far as well as a citrus/pine smell.

Currently hitting them once a day pH 5.8-6.0 with 2.8g of VB and .5g of shine in 3gal Coco Hempy's. That should fall somewhere around 450-500ppm or .9-1.0EC with source water starting at 150ppm or .3EC.

I’m planning to drop the base down to 2-2.5g and raise the pk booster to 1-1.5g slowly between weeks 4-6. I’m looking forward to see the progress in the next coming weeks. This run is looking a bit more dailed in because I have been much more conservative on nutrient strength. Enjoy!

Day 28(week 4 flower)
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been a while! I'm back in the room with a new run and it is Dark Heart Nursery's Royal Highness. Sorry I have been a bit busy and should have started taking note of the progress at the beginning but I'm here for the best part of the show anyway right?
I hope everyone has been doing well!

Week 4 FLOWER

Just starting off week 4 of flower today. Definitely getting some nice stacking and resin production so far as well as a citrus/pine smell.

Currently hitting them once a day pH 5.8-6.0 with 2.8g of VB and .5g of shine in 3gal Coco Hempy's. That should fall somewhere around 450-500ppm or .9-1.0EC with source water starting at 150ppm or .3EC.

I’m planning to drop the base down to 2-2.5g and raise the pk booster to 1-1.5g slowly between weeks 4-6. I’m looking forward to see the progress in the next coming weeks. This run is looking a bit more dailed in because I have been much more conservative on nutrient strength. Enjoy!

Day 28(week 4 flower)
View Image
View Image View Image View Image View Image

almost a year later ...... lol :biggrin: , but glad to see your still in the game ! ladies are looking great ! :tiphat:

justiceman

Veteran
Got a couple shots when the lights turned off this morning that I thought I'd share. Getting some nice purple hues on the bootoms of some leaves. I sure would love some fall colors to come in at the end :biggrin:

picture.php
picture.php

starke

Spring is here but the frost on those nugs tell me you are still celebrating winter. Beautiful.

justiceman

Veteran
Spring is here but the frost on those nugs tell me you are still celebrating winter. Beautiful.
Thanks starke! I like tha hehe.

-------------------------------------------

Week 5 FLOWER

Alright everyone today marks week 5 or day 35 of flower and I'm pretty happy with how things are turning out. I took kind of a chance on this strain Royal Highness but I think the bet is paying off. I can't wait to see how she looks in a few more weeks.

Currently riding my pH at 5.8-6.0 as always. Veg+Bloom(Base) has been lowered to 2.2g per gallon and Shine(PK) has risen to 1.25g per gallon. With the coco hempy style I'm still able to feed them 1x a day which is nice since I'm hand watering at the moment.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks starke! I like tha hehe.

-------------------------------------------

Week 5 FLOWER

Alright everyone today marks week 5 or day 35 of flower and I'm pretty happy with how things are turning out. I took kind of a chance on this strain Royal Highness but I think the bet is paying off. I can't wait to see how she looks in a few more weeks.

Currently riding my pH at 5.8-6.0 as always. Veg+Bloom(Base) has been lowered to 2.2g per gallon and Shine(PK) has risen to 1.25g per gallon. With the coco hempy style I'm still able to feed them 1x a day which is nice since I'm hand watering at the moment.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

they definitly like what your feeding them !!! no tip burn , nice & green !!! i personally don't use any PK boosters , HR's or any others , don't feel like i need them with the V&B .
but i do love me some coco & V&B !!!

picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
great thread justice! finished reading thru the '17 nursery adventure and glad to tag along this years'.
Thank you elemtee! Glad you enjoyed last years and that you are stopping in for this current run

they definitly like what your feeding them !!! no tip burn , nice & green !!! i personally don't use any PK boosters , HR's or any others , don't feel like i need them with the V&B .
but i do love me some coco & V&B !!!

View Image
Right on man! What a sweet sight to behold. You are killing it as usual :biggrin:. VB is so good. I've only been using the Base and PK, nothing else. I remember you talking about no PK just base. I tried it out on one of my experimental auto's a while back and it worked out really well. I considered whether I should even use any use PK this run based off what I've seen from you because it's hard to argue it's necessity at this point. I specifically remember a beautiful and perfect fade on one of your photos posted here.

I decided I might as well use the rest of it so it doesn't collect dust but not in the same way as before. My aim this time around is using it in a way to drop the N but not necessarily raise PK levels much higher than they were before with just the base at full strength. Once Shine is gone I'll more than likely just run with VB alone.

Latest posts

Latest posts