What's new

My Coco Quest: Coco Hempy 4x4

justiceman

Veteran
Thanks everyone!

Here are some shots of a Chocolate Hashberry flower I accidentally cut off while trimming almost a week ago. It's looking pretty good:biggrin:

picture.php
picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70467&pictureid=1733160

Dakine

Veteran
Lol "accidentally" you ain't gotta lie bro. We all relapse sometimes and have A time of weakness haha

issack

Veteran
Your grows look great. Very nice. I like your simple approach with your feeds. It's what i do as well.
Good stuff. Props.

justiceman

Veteran
View Image

Please post final weight if possible!
hahahahaha! that was a good one. Yes I'll be sure to tally up everything when it's all dried and cured.

Lol "accidentally" you ain't gotta lie bro. We all relapse sometimes and have A time of weakness haha
lol! alright you caught me!:laughing:

Your grows look great. Very nice. I like your simple approach with your feeds. It's what i do as well.
Good stuff. Props.
Right on issack. Ya man I've tried going crazy with various things in the past, but I've come to find out that simple is indeed what gets the job done best for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a little update on how the Choc Hashberry is doing. I did not cut any off the deadhead OG branches yet so you'll just have to wait.:biggrin:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Very nice! That looks tastey

Marvelous Justice!!

Thank you so much! I'm really happy to finally have some fresh flowers home grown again. It's been a while since the last run.

Humidity has been up to 55-60 lately so the dry took about 14 days. I like it when it takes longer. Just trimmed 2 of the CH's today. Man they smell amazing and the resin production is just awesome! The Dead Head og is gonna be awesome too. I smelled it and the OG aroma is really coming out now. I should finish up trimming either tomorrow or the day after and onto the curing process!
picture.php

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
i've actually switched over to the canna bricks recently . they're much easier to precharge than the bag stuff . i always seem to get the bagged to wet trying to precharge it . the blocks work great ! 2 gallons of my nute mix with some calmag & an hour later its ready to use . my transplanted clones seem to love it alot better than when i put them in the bagged coco .

I just was wondering, did you precharge the canna bags of Coco? Just curious since it is already precharged and rinsed from what they say. I've been using it straight out of the bag for years. I've not had any issues with not precharging from what I've seen.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just was wondering, did you precharge the canna bags of Coco? Just curious since it is already precharged and rinsed from what they say. I've been using it straight out of the bag for years. I've not had any issues with not precharging from what I've seen.

no never used to need to precharge the bagged stuff , but the last few bags i grabbed were fucking up my plants . did a runoff test & it was seriously high EC right out of the bag ! not sure if they weren't rinsed enough & had a bad salt content or what ,so i had to flush & precharge the bags before i could use them , got real tired of that , so i switched to the bricks & just hydrate them with my veg nutes & they're ready to go . have had great results with the bricks sense .

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Sometimes in the canna bags there seems to be a little sand in it. I've often wondered if is actually sea salt since I think they soak it in seawater prior to processing from what I've read. Don't qoute me on it though! I know in general canna is up there with the best but still seems like there is inconsistencies which is annoying.

justiceman

Veteran
Bang up job man! I hope my next grow is this good.
Thanks saitama! I'm sure you will hit your next grow out of the park with just one punch!

Sometimes in the canna bags there seems to be a little sand in it. I've often wondered if is actually sea salt since I think they soak it in seawater prior to processing from what I've read. Don't qoute me on it though! I know in general canna is up there with the best but still seems like there is inconsistencies which is annoying.

You don't have to precharge any bagged stuff just like dansbuds said. I've also run into that problem he did as well with a couple bags that were high EC. I'm talking like 1000ppm(2.0EC)!. Sometimes if the bags are kept near soil in the shop or are too moist they can also with springtails and such. I also like the bricks. They come dry with no bugs. They are more affordable as well.

------------------------------

Alright It's been about a month since harvest I feel the cure has been going on long enough to give a decent estimate of my yield for this round. Mind you I have probably smoked about a half oz of this stuff int he last couple weeks because I ran out of my stash so the numbers are off.

The DeadHead OG in a 2gal maybe 2.5gal hempy alone yielded 136g or 4.86oz. Not bad at all. Cali Connections was not kidding when they said high yield.
picture.php

The 4 Chocolate Hashberry's in 2 gal fabric pots yielded 299g or 10.68oz. On average each plant yielded 74g or 2.67oz. That being said the runt in the back right corner was far smaller than the other 3 CH's so keep that in mind.
picture.php

I am very happy with this run considering I took a long break. I yielded a total of 15.53oz or 435g. That puts my GPW for this run at .725g per watt. Not bad! I'm sure with better canopy management I could have brought the GPW higher but I'm not complaining. Now my personal stash is back up!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm outa reps right now , but thats awesome Justice !!! :tiphat:

Glad everything worked out for you ! especially with the ruff start ya had !

justiceman

Veteran
I'm outa reps right now , but thats awesome Justice !!! :tiphat:

Glad everything worked out for you ! especially with the ruff start ya had !
Thank you! I will say you helped me out tremendously at the beginning. I appreciate it greatly. Really helped to lay the groundwork for my understanding of how to use veg+bloom effectively and not burn the crap out of my plants before they actually start:laughing:

I have a small Fast Buds LSD-25 auto in a solo cup going for fun in my nursery section right now and I'm not even using shine as I noticed you don't either. Obviously you do very well without it so I wanted to see what happened. It's going pretty good!
picture.php

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thank you! I will say you helped me out tremendously at the beginning. I appreciate it greatly. Really helped to lay the groundwork for my understanding of how to use veg+bloom effectively and not burn the crap out of my plants before they actually start:laughing:

I have a small Fast Buds LSD-25 auto in a solo cup going for fun in my nursery section right now and I'm not even using shine as I noticed you don't either. Obviously you do very well without it so I wanted to see what happened. It's going pretty good!
View Image

That bud is huge for a Solo cup!, very nice job!

What size light do you use?

justiceman

Veteran
That bud is huge for a Solo cup!, very nice job!

What size light do you use?
You may find this kind of ridiculous but that solo cup sits in my nursery sections which is just four 4ft T5 HO lamps at 54w each or 216w total. She sits a few inches away from the lights. I'd have never expected t5's do be able to do this.

I'm interested to see how she looks 3 weeks from now!