What's new

My cat bit me yo! Calling all cat whisperers.

S

Scrappy-doo

I want to clear this up. I did not dump the cat. I didn't think this was going to be necessary to explain all of this but I am getting sick of comments like that.

The way my cat situation went is this. I decided that I was going to let my cat be an outdoor cat when I still owned him. So I let him go out. I was home often and always checked the door many times in the evening for him. When he was ready he would be waiting and I would let him in.

My neighbor expressed interest in the Cheeba (my cat's name) and said that any time I would like she would take him because he was so friendly and she really liked him, and she has a cat that he was friends with. She wanted my cat.

So my cat would be over there often playing with her cat and she would let him in and feed him some gourmet cat food. Hand made stuff. I fed him well and gave lots of love to him, but was poor and could not compete with that kind of meal.

So, I started seeing my cat less and less. Some nights he would not come home and I would check many times hoping he was ok. Then after a while I would not see him for days at a time. He was always over there. When I hadn't seen him for about 2 weeks I was very worried that something happened and then I saw him in their yard one day eating from a dish. So that's where my cat has been!

At the same time I was ready to move into my first apartment in a city. Since my cat was already comfortable in this neighborhood, it's a safer neighborhood, and he was never home with me anyway, I decided to let him go.

So my point of view was always that she stole my cat, lured him into her home with her precious cat and her gourmet food, and got what she wanted. I was pissed for a while but I figured it worked out in the end.

Or perhaps he left me. Maybe I wasn't a good enough or cool enough parent. I don't know. But I did not dump my cat.

No hard feelings, but that comment urked the fuck out of me.

So I hope this clears things up.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Scrappy dood, at least that gal let you know her feelings and was taking fine care of your cat. a cat will always do as it likes & especially an outdoor cat.

you could lure me outta my crib w/a piece of ass and gourmet food as well, but I gotta be honest I'm weak that way.......

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Yeah she didn't steal him, once you decide to keep your cat outside... it belongs to the streets, yo.

Yah`mon

Hey scrappy - he looks a lot like my female only not as fat!

I hear ya bro, sometimes its better to give away an animal to a loving home if you can't take care of it yourself.

picture.php

Yah`mon:tiphat:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Ya know, I've been bitten by cats before. My one cat used to play a little rough and I never tried to discourage him from playing rough, though that meant that I sometimes got an armful of claw marks. One day something might happen to me and he'd be left alone. He deserves to practice his neko-jitsu.

But if a cat is just acting pissy and swiping at you in anger when you walk by, no need to take it (or beat the cat, or throw him out). What I do is drop right down to the floor on all fours on his level and stick my face an inch from his and stare directly in his face without blinking. If he hisses or growls, I growl back. If he attempts to swipe at me, I pin him to the ground. After a few moments of staring (or once he looks away) I get back up and ignore him for a while. Then I come back and say nice things and pet him.

There are four cats and two dogs in my household. As long as everybody understands who Alpha is, we don't have a problem and there is much purring and loving and petting.

S

Scrappy-doo

Damn you're not supposed to dip your cat in peroxide? Aww shit my bad yo.

S

Scrappy-doo

Yah'mon, yeah she looks like his sister.

He has a brother named Pompeii, who is a fat cat. My buddy has a grey cat who I call Jabba. She must be the fattest cat I've ever seen. I just don't understand how a cat can get that fat. Morbidly obese, that one is.

mrcreosote

Veteran
Scrappy-doo

Picture 1 says it all.

" Fuck you, you cat abandoning prick. Come over here and I'll bite you again."

Picture 3:

"Time for a bath and a nap. Bring me some food or I'll piss on your couch."

Return cat posthaste.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

She must be the fattest cat I've ever seen. I just don't understand how a cat can get that fat. Morbidly obese, that one is.

Wrong food, wrong feeding schedule.

Just like with most people.

It's not rocket science & neither in favor of the animal.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran

Wrong food, wrong feeding schedule.

Just like with most people.

It's not rocket science & neither in favor of the animal.

my sister has a cat that is obese and young, 2 yrs. the other two cats on the same diet are normal to skinny. the fat cat was skinny when they got it at about 6 months old. all totally indoor cats, no table scraps...

there is most definitely messed up with her metabolism... :dunno:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
If that's the case why not put the cat on a suitable diet!?

It's not like the cat can do that on her own you know... ;)

i don't disagree, but the cat may or may not lose weight, even on a suitable diet...

but you're right, it's not the cats fault...

Latest posts

Latest posts