What's new

My cat bit me yo! Calling all cat whisperers.

S

Scrappy-doo

So ok he's not really my cat anymore. I gave him to my neighbors when I moved out of my parents place like 5 years ago. I had him for the first year of his life.

He's an outdoor cat now, and when I visit home sometimes I see him and he comes up to me. Tonight I saw him and he followed me inside. So I just let him do his thing, offer him a piece of chicken and he's checking out the place.

Then he comes up to me and I crouch down and am petting him, giving some love and all of a sudden he bites me. Well, it was more of a nip and he didn't hiss, but he broke my skin. So I instantly stood up and said, 'What the fuck dude why did you bit me?'.

He just looked at me and then layed down on his back with his belly facing me and kept looking at me.

So I walked away and soaked that shit in peroxide. My brother got bit by a cat once and had to go to the hospital and get a shot. He got all fucked up by some bacteria or something.

So what's up with my cat? I remember from watching the dog whisperer that when a dog lays down on their back and shows their belly they are being submissive. Is it the same for cats? So was this like his way of saying sorry dude I was just playin?

If not then fuck that mother fucker he's never coming inside again.

MMJcali

yea chances are if its an outdoor cat he just plays rough.

my indoor cat will hide in our indoor bushes and pounce on my legs when I walk by...but its all fun n games.

I get scratches and bites but...when they get too rough they always realize it and bring me something to say sorry.

meduser180056

U soaked it in peroxide?! Damn I don't know if you shoulda done all that it was jus a lil nip. To each his own though that'll teach that cat a lesson!

THC123

Veteran
lol thats what cats do , most of the time a bite is a sing of playfullness or affection

Of he had ill will you would see it in the eyes and notice the claws

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Scrappy-doo, it means his life is not good. Probably goes some periods without being fed, has to beg for food.

He misses you and bit you to say, "hey yo, i miss you, why'd you leave me to this life, jerk"

Is he fixed?

He is probably the neighborhood tomcat's bitch... male cats act like that when they're being routinely buttraped by a big tough gay alley cat. He's saying, okay, we can be friendly.. but NO GAY SHIT

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
MMJ: ha I used to have a cat that did the hide-n-pounce thing... fucker thought it was sooooo funny..

I got one now that has an imagination... real smart too.. He likes to have epic battles with the couch monster and the towel monster... if you give him a treat, he wants you to throw it so he can chase it and get all goofy-excited. When he sees a bird, he tries to imitate a bird singing with this weird 'ma-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah' sound. When he starts to play, he whips his head around over and over to make himself dizzy and go into silly-kitty mode. And if you take pictures of him, he knows what a camera is and does poses, and will look at his own picture. HE'S GUNNA BE BIGGER THAN MORRIS, BABY..

I'm actually considering cloning him lol.. thats just the grower in me tho

S

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo, it means his life is not good. Probably goes some periods without being fed, has to beg for food.

He misses you and bit you to say, "hey yo, i miss you, why'd you leave me to this life, jerk"

Is he fixed?

He is probably the neighborhood tomcat's bitch... male cats act like that when they're being routinely buttraped by a big tough gay alley cat.

Haha when he was only like a year old and first started going outside my brother said one day he saw one of the local older cats had him cornered up against a fence and he was jumping to get away and all frozen up. Probly scared shitless! Said it was some of the funniest shit he seen. Now he's the big cat on the block. No one fucks with this dude but everyone likes him he's real friendly.

S

Scrappy-doo

Yeah he's fixed. My neighbors treat him real well too. The woman used to work for a vet and she always said she'd love to have him. They feed him way better than I used to. Fucking gourmet shit with real meat. Probably eats better than I do.

He is fixed. That was the first thing she did. I'm actually glad she got him. She's doing a better job than I could have.

T

trem0lo

he's just playing rough... it's cool...

my cat does the same thing to less effect, except she's a 15 pound maine coone battlecat. gentle giants that breed... she never breaks the skin when playing but can do a lot of damage if you are dumb enough to pick her up and she freaks or gets excited. a full inch of claw sinking into your pectoral does not feel good. she catches flies as a pastime in the summer--just jumps up and claps them between her paws. pretty impressive! you could literally put armor on a maine coon and they'd be useful in battle.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
My cat tried to get in the face of this gigantic stray once... like this cat was fucking huge, with really long legs, huge paws, very muscular... like 1/32th bobcat in him or some shit lol. My cat walks up meowing like "this is my yard" and the stray runs up to him and starts bouncing around in front of him with his front legs stretched out stiff and chest all bowed up, just bouncing up and down like some drunk asshole ripping off his wifebeater and flexing, "what motherfucker you want some of this!?!?!"

and my cat was like "uhh noooooooo siiirrrrrrrrrr! i was just sayin, this is my yard, you're welcome to drink some water, eat some food, have a piss, enjoy, enjoy"

L

longearedfriend

dude you abandonned him :)

first year of his life, you we're like his mama

your lucky he doesn't have any thumbs (some cats do though funny thing)

bullet-with-a-gun.jpg

I don't remember if some of you have ever done this
as a child or as an adult

0.jpg

128868100852645564.jpg

brought back memories

I would also crouch down over the cat

and twist one of the ears like a motorcycle

our fury little friends, gotta love em

images

mad librettist

Veteran
heya scrappy doo!

what part of the cat were you petting? lots of people see an invitation to stroke the body when the cat is only willing to touch heads. In this case you hand is a head to the cat. If you watch cats interacting, they have to be very close before body touching. Usually there is face to face contact and presentation of the anus. If the cat presents her anus after face touching, that is not an invitation to stroke the body. If you do, you get bit. It's not play it's a message to mind your manners.

when first meeting a cat or when seeing a cat after a long time, just present the tip of your finger and let the cat smell it. Do not touch the body, just the head.

well there are a couple of things about this. i just got my first cat a few years ago. we found it at 6 weeks and my ex wanted it bad. we have a big dog so i wasnt sure my dog would be ok with it, as she HATES cats. she accepted this lil guy and raised, anyway on to the point...
the cat really attached to me for some reason, even though i gave it less love. he has always given me those same kind of bites, for a while, i hated it, but then i really would pay attention to him when he did it, and i think its a sign of love.
on a side note, there was a study done about stimulation in cats. they said that petting a cat too many times, will cause over-stimulation, which are like painful orgasms. so if you are ever petting your kitty, and all of a sudden he freaks out, that could be why.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
you cannot pet most cats in certain areas for they will try to bite you, specially the belly area or the back close to the neck.

cat petting without getting bit or scratched is an art.

peace

itisme

Veteran
If you see signs of infection go the the DR. fast! My mom's cat bit her one time and her hand got very infected. The DR said there had been cases where people died because of a cat bite.

Z

Ziggaro

^this

Cats have some nasty bacterias in their mouths keep a good eye on it. Hopefully the peroxide prevents any infection.

Yeah don't use dog logic on your cats. Never met a cat who wouldn't scratch you if you pet its tummy. Some cats don't mind, but a lot don't like their back, tail, or paws touched either.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
I've been around cat's all my life and yes a cat will nip and bite at you but it's how they show love. When it lays on it's back and show's you it's belly that a sign he's very comfortable with you. He meant you no harm just showing you love.
Cat bites can turn bad you did the right thing cleaning it.

Last edited:

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!

Ha! One of my dogs nicknames is Rocket. I throw her up on my shoulder like an old school bazooka sometimes and we play "rocket launcher" with her brother. They both get so stirred up it is hilarious. Then when I let her down, it is literally like shooting off a rocket. She streaks around the entire yard with her brother in hot pursuit.

My "Rocket Launcher" is no match for your "cat gun"....

MIway

Veteran
Both my cats love me... total trust. both give up their belly's... just stops right in front of whatever i'm doing to get in the way so i have to pet em.

My girl... falls asleep to my feet rubbing her belly... she curls around my feet even... kneading my leg w her front paws... soft scratches of love, purring the whole time. She hasn't once freaked out with tummy love.

My boy... big ole baby, but i raised him like a dog, rough play & all... his meow's are even mini barks. But he constantly needs petting, and though gives me his belly all the time, soon as i touch it, he curls up around my hand, latching on w his front paws, digging at me w the back paws & bites... play bites/scratches, but nonetheless... it's the kill instinct. Filled with play & love, but it's the kill. great cat.

Latest posts

Latest posts