What's new

My Box Set Up

OZZ_

Veteran
This is the thread that made me register here at ICMag.

Im currently in the process of designing a 400w hps cab for myself, but also a 150 hps mini cab for my stepfather.

This rubbermaid/cfl grow is amazing and I think I am going to go ahead and whip one up and slap it together and give it a go before building the bigger cabs.

Phenominal lifeless ... plain and simple!

OZZ_ said:
This is the thread that made me register here at ICMag.

Im currently in the process of designing a 400w hps cab for myself, but also a 150 hps mini cab for my stepfather.

This rubbermaid/cfl grow is amazing and I think I am going to go ahead and whip one up and slap it together and give it a go before building the bigger cabs.

Phenominal lifeless ... plain and simple!

Same here. Ran across this thread over at the Topia, and been here learning ever since. Am planing a Ngb 400w scrog build very very soon.

Lifeless... this is my first post to icmag although i've been reading for a while (icmag and your thread) I already am 2 weeks into flowering of my first grow set up which i'll put up a journal for as soon as the harvest is over. I ended up going all out with a nice set up in the attic under 800 watt mH veg/2400 HPS watt flower and everything is turning out beautifully but I had one problem that I believe your set up may have just solved. I ended up getting 15-16 strains (luckily i'm from California and have ties from orange county to san fran :p) that I really enjoy and want to hold on to but clearly space has become an issue. I was thinking of the best space saving ways to keep mothers and you have inspired me to keep a closet full of Bonsai mothers inside your CFL rubbermaids. Much respect and i'll have pictures of everything as soon as I stop hitting the bong and drive to home depot. Hopefully I can tweak it to get a good mother box set up and then I might even throw up one for flowering some of my smaller strains.

Last edited:

Orestes

Well I just finished my first rubbermaid grow, a test grow so not the best yield but now I have a stash of some dank, dark, hairy, organic Hindu Kush. Best yet, on harvest day after chopping the plants I chopped the hinges off my box, pulled out the light fixture, dropped in a rack (and made a lid out of saran wrap... had a cool tennis dome sort of look). 48 hours later I awoke around noon to a light hangover and a hanging rack/screen full of most adequately dried nugz.

Has anyone attempted an SOG in a lifeless box? I feel like the hardest part would be ease of access so I'm going to set something up, I'll probably chop an access door in the side of the lower box so I can get at everything. Or I could even put in a spout and just flood the thing to feed, but I feel like this would just invite infestation... Had some vicious mites on my last grow

Last edited:

GrowinIdahoan

Hey LifeLess!
I just wanted to compliment you on such a simple, yet brilliant design for a grow box.
I too am in the process of building a Lifeless Cannabis Coffin. Im starting off simple, 5 plants: 2 Cantalope Haze x LA Confidential, 1 Jack Herer, and 2 Indica Bagseed.
Im hoping to cross the Haze and the Herer. Wish Me Luck!
Will post pictures soon!

loco81

hey man just wanted to show some love i have been a fan for awhile. kinda made me wanna get into it myself. i didnt quite go with your design but you made me see how simple it can be!

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
You have pics of that scrubber yet? Got 2 rubbermaid cabs, the flower has 414 watts of cfls(18x23watt 2700K)
TOm

kish

Hey Med-Grower_TOm, Here is my take on a carbon scrubber for this type of grow.
I found the design here
I should probably add a white nylon to the outside and get rid of that ugly duct tape.
But the good thing is, it works great! No matter how unaesthetically pleasing..

Got 2 rubbermaid cabs, the flower has 414 watts of cfls(18x23watt 2700K)
TOm
Wow! thats a lot of wattage.
How big are your rubbermaids?
I can't imagine you're using the 30gals with that much light/heat.
Here is a pic of mine today...white skunk @ 23 days bud.
I'm running the LL setup, 4 x 42watt, 2700k = 168 watts total

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
ur sog grow looks very kick ass. very nicely done.

my next grow, I want to be sog grow.

so how much did U yield from a single grow box?

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Hey Med-Grower_TOm, Here is my take on a carbon scrubber for this type of grow.
I found the design here
I should probably add a white nylon to the outside and get rid of that ugly duct tape.
But the good thing is, it works great! No matter how unaesthetically pleasing..

Yeah, I made the larger style of that back when I was on OG. But I'm using pc fans and figured that was not powerful enough to pull through that, i dont want any smells. I do have 150 cfm dayton that would do it, but its in my bedroom and thats to loud. however, i have 133 cfm pc fan and 2 53 cfm pc fans, but figure that would be cut down to a 1/3 of that if it had to pull through a carbon filter, idk. that lil tiny itty bitty filter work okay? my filters I made were huge man, took like 4 or 5 jars of carbon to fill, i could make like 6 filters that small with only 1 jar and you think will cover it? lol

Wow! thats a lot of wattage.
How big are your rubbermaids?
I can't imagine you're using the 30gals with that much light/heat.
Here is a pic of mine today...white skunk @ 23 days bud.
I'm running the LL setup, 4 x 42watt, 2700k = 168 watts total

yeah, i think there like 37 or 39 gal rubbermaids. my lights are in there own box with plexi and vented diff then the grow area, give our take about 5 degres above ambient in the grow area(ambient around 70) putting pics/build info stuff together and will have on here at some point. just trying to figure out filter idea without having to use dayton blower(have stinky stuff in there lol, WWxC99, Original Ak47, G13xHawian Butterscotch)

i would really love to hear some other yield numbers from people that have grown with this type of set-up. lifeless is one hell of a grower i would like to hear some numbers from some others out there. Thanks

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm going to give this set up a try this summer, the Emigh/Ace Hardware by my house has 45gal black tubs so I can go a little bigger as far as plant numbers go cuz I'd like to do 8-10 6" square pots since it's a taller top I would go with 8 42w in Y sockets and should pump out some bushes full of bud!

LifeLess

Veteran
I havent been blooming in the boxes anymore but they work very well as veg boxes to. I can get my plants full size to go into the bloom room. Im gonna be using a couple of the boxes for a few seed projects also. Hope the boxes workout for ya Thun. Peace LL

Ernie Ball

Your thread is going to be the basis for my next grow. The clamshell setup of the two rubbermaid tubs is really a great idea. I'm going to use a normal tub with some power strips and plug in CFLs for a seedling chamber then try and keep a good perpetual cycle going.

My question, and I apologize because it is so noob but I just can't find the straight up information anywhere...how do you wire your computer fan for a typical plug outlet? Also, how do you vent things so that no light gets in? I'm okay with a few mechanical things but don't tech me out too much if you don't have to!

Thanks in advance for your help!

CJ117

Here ernie -- http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/1261.htm

I too was inspired by this thread to create my own box. I chose instead, however, to use 2x 18gal tubs and as a result I can't fit the light fixture from Home Depot inside. If I had room for the 50 gals I'd be using them instead for sure. If you're using smaller boxes you can consider a power strip with Y-adapters that socket bulbs directly into your strip, which are available at home depot. I'm using a set of 3 that yield a 4-way light system (see attached images) that will be filled with 4x 40w 2700's for flowering and 2x 27w @ 6500k for vegging some little gals I'll be pickin up from my local dispensary. Some lovely AK-47, Afgan and Master Kush clones there.

I will post with my own updates once all my parts and bulbs arrive.. I'm still having trouble locating cheap planters though. I have been looking for 1-gal square planters and it seems they just don't exist in stores! Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 21

Joey56789

Ernie, check out these threads for other rubbermaid ideas too.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=31605
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108534
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2154716
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=114196
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108134

CJ, I have heard of 8 inch x 8 inch square pots that some call rose pots around here. They are the cheap plastic things you find at nurseries. Try one of those if you have one near you. I'm still looking for them myself.

Ernie Ball

http://icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=3217&pictureid=42715
http://icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=3217&pictureid=42714

Here are two quick pics of my seedling cab from the outside. There are three power strips glued to the bottom of the lid, each with three plug/sockets and 26w CFLs. There's about 7" of clearance from the cup to the lights so I hope to possibly begin flowering in there. There is probably room for about 6 females depended upon what pot seems best. I've seen rootbound plants grow perfectly fine; but there's topping to worry about and all. I've got my shopping list together, so I'll build a double-tub unit with my 250w hps this week.

Latest posts

Latest posts