What's new

My Box Set Up

kish

i am thinking about coco in my grolab too...keep us posted

i haven't done too much research into coco...how often would i have to hand water in this environment with say, 6-8 plants?

spencetron

From what I read (and experienced) you can't really overwater coco. Well you can, but its nearly impossible. I water every day, but i have read that you don't have to everyday, unless your plants are huge. I played around a little with watering every other day and noticed no difference, so I just water everyday. Just don't let the coco dry out and you will be fine. It holds quite a bit of water and is really really well draining, so you end up with like a perfectly moist, never too wet medium no matter how much you water.

LifeLess

Veteran
kish looking good man. Heres a few pics i took of the plants i just took outta my rubbermaids. There pretty bushy and i woulda switched the lights on them a week or so ago. Pinching the tops gets them nice and bushy.

yogadude im gonna try and have that up for you tomorrow.

spencetron im going coco next spring. Wanna do some reading on it and make sure i have it all covered first. Ive heard nothing but good things about it. GL with yer grow. Peace LL

These are the plants outta the boxes

Kish what did you wire that fan to because im using a heavy duty power supply to run mine but i want something like what you got going on

Hey LL!

got my box almost complete, question about the lighting for veg though! you had told me you run 2 lights for veg, well which 2 do you run? the outer 2? the inner 2? do you alternate which 2 lights are on for veg?

Oh also I figured out a pretty good way to install your computer fan to the 4" PVC T piece. Well I measured the inside diameter of mine with a digital caliper and its about 4.200". My computer fan is 100mm or 3.93", going to make a 4.200" diameter circle out of 1/4" thick plywood, then create a 100mm x 100mm square to screw my pc fan down, then just slide the contraption into the PVC T and secure it with caulking :)

Hope you dont mind if I share some pics once its all fixed up! soon!

Peace :rasta:

Last edited:

LifeLess

Veteran
Ive been working on getting this carbon scrubber done so i can get pics up.

midwestganja I use the 2 middles. You can use all 4 if you like though. Thats great on the fan mounting i never thought of that. And plz feel free to post up some pics. This isnt just my thread its all of ours. If you have something to share feel free. Peace LL

kish

thought i would share some pics from my ol' trusty Lifeless Grow Lab...

these are clone from a random bagseed. she finishes in about nine weeks. the tall girls in the pics are day 44 flower and the short/branchy are about one week younger.

day 44 of 12/12

day 36 of 12/12

girls only.

kish

i have a question...

In a couple/few weeks I will be harvesting 4 of the 6 plants I currently have in my box. the remaining two are a week behind the other four. and after this grow i will turn my box into veg for a while, supporting freshly rooted clones.

Now, my question is...if i put my lights back on a veg cycle for the last week of my budding plants life before harvest, how will the budding plant respond? will it just stop producing resin after a couple of days? or should i just chop it early if i want to make the switch? surely not, eh? i would imagine that even confusing the plant for a few days, even the week wouldn't make it stop producing resin and maturing completely.

I know that some of you will probably say to just wait for the switch and keep going with my current bud lightcycle but i really need to get those clones going asap or they may not be available in the strain i want.
okay, thanks to anyone who made it through this ridiculously stoned message.

clay

kish said:
i have a question...

In a couple/few weeks I will be harvesting 4 of the 6 plants I currently have in my box. the remaining two are a week behind the other four. and after this grow i will turn my box into veg for a while, supporting freshly rooted clones.

Now, my question is...if i put my lights back on a veg cycle for the last week of my budding plants life before harvest, how will the budding plant respond? will it just stop producing resin after a couple of days? or should i just chop it early if i want to make the switch? surely not, eh? i would imagine that even confusing the plant for a few days, even the week wouldn't make it stop producing resin and maturing completely.

I know that some of you will probably say to just wait for the switch and keep going with my current bud lightcycle but i really need to get those clones going asap or they may not be available in the strain i want.
okay, thanks to anyone who made it through this ridiculously stoned message.

what about pulling them out and moving them to somewhere with any natural light, or maybe even complete darkness...

there is a Herb-an Legend that leaving the plant in darkness for a couple of days before chop increases last minute bud production because the roots start putting all the energy they have into keeping the buds going. You could test it out! Be sure to post your results in the the Mythbusters thread

kish

? for LL

? for LL

hey LifeLess, i got a couple of questions for ya...

I'm running basically the same soil recipe that you were when you started this thread. Fox farm soil, perlite and nutes, no extra worm castings, yet.

When I tried to buy dolmite lime at my hydro/gardening store the guy practically wouldn't sell it to me. He said that it would raise my ph through the roof and kill everything it touched! Disappointed, I took his word on it. The stuff at the shop was pelletized, organic and cheap. Looked like it would work great and last for a LONG time if used like i had planned. But as he warned me, i decided against it.
I sometimes use distilled water and the lime would have been great to add back some Cal/Mag and was WAY cheaper than any other calMag amendment on the shelf. My question is, what kind of dolomite lime did you use with such good results in those one gallon pots when you started this thread? was it pellets or powder, brand? And what kind of h20 do you use RO, distilled, rain? I've found that with this soil mix, the 42watt cfl's and the fan on 24hrs I only have to water once per week...with eye reddening results.
Thanks LifeLess!!! and thanks too for answering any of my ???'s

Hey Kish, there's great great info on dolomite lime in the Organic Soil thread... head over there and check it out, regardless of whether or not you're planning on doing an "organic" grow!

kish

well, i found those lime threads. read em.
but LL, when you read this, let me know what kind you used in your cfl grow.
Thanks guys!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Lifeless - as far as Coco goes it gave me the biggest plants I've done in my setup and the ones in soil yield half as much and wer 4" shorter and I flowered them at the same hieght which is 4" for my strain but the Coco just made it take off so I've switched!! Black Gold Coco Blend is OMRI listed and just needs perlite added and it's perfect!!

spencetron

0000005os9.jpg

This is literally the smallest bud out of all 5 plants right now. I plucked it because it wasn't getting any light under the canopy and its growth was a little stunted compared to the main branches/colas. Besides, I couldn't resist taste testing a little bit. :rasta: Even still, a decent smoke. 6 weeks into flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts