What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Beauty SSSDH

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Beautiful ladies, hope you can keep them that way. That leaf looks like damage i've had off thrips in the past. Sorry can't advise on treatments, anything with garlic / chilli in though sounds like it will putthem off!

I’m not really seeing thrips (they are bigger buggers) but I’m going to take a better look tomorrow in the full sun. Thrips and white flys I can deal with in flower. Spider mites are a bit woolier. Thanks.

bs0

Rez only made 1 batch
I made all the rest for him and he just sold them as original SSSDH so I doubt you have them from the first ever drop.
Will be guaranteed winners either way

Peace

Snagged 50 rez sssdh from seedbay, think any of them will germ? They are labeled as 'unknown if will germ' but I thought *just maybe* out of 50 one might pop.

I've been kicking myself for years for letting my best rez sour diesel mother die. She grew massive colas w/ the biggest calyx I've ever seen. Stretched like crazy so you could throw 12" plants into flower and just train it into shape during flower. Argh, I miss Rez's gear. Had been kicked a few times when down and lost all motivation and stopped caring for her and since then I haven't found anything that came close.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Probably ojd bred. If seedbay did a decent job of keeping the beans cool, you should be in great shape. My old original Rez and ojd stock are sprouting. They are potent

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Speaking of potent...

SSSDH #1

picture.php

Definitely wants to be more like a Christmas tree in its structure, but it’s not completely symmetrical.

picture.php

It’s got the single, two and three pronged leaves. Reminiscent of Sour Diesel IMO.

picture.php

Not the clearest shot, but it’s getting dark and I’m standing on a hill holding a phone and a beer. Let the stacking begin.

This was the plant getting hit by some aphids, white fly’s or some other pest last week when it got the foliar spray. I’m going to have an early morning look to see if she needs another hit. Getting to the point where I start shying away from foliar. Even if it’s just OMRI oil and garlic. Could probably hit it over the next week and still be ok.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
My NEARLY quintessential expression of SSSDH

picture.php

Such a beautiful structure throughout.

picture.php

Hazier leaves. Later to flower and with more stretch.

picture.php

Still pushing for the sky.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Trying to girdle the SSSDH #2. Attempted putting 10’ rebar 2-3’ deep into a 20+ degree sloping hillside with a ladder and a 20lb post pounder all by myself. Damn. I’m getting more help.

picture.php

As I placed the first layer of netting over her, my hands got a nice coat of resin. This one is so hazey. Spice and leather with a tinge of diesel back note.

picture.php

Too bad the rebar i was handling is a little rusty or I would have indulged in a little early flower hand charas.

Having only really grown these SSSDH out in this general location a couple times over the past 10 years, I can say that these plants stand up to high temperatures and maybe the diesel smelling terpenes burn off in the heat, but that haze spice is on point.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice updates bro , looking great.
The SSSDH throws out an amazing amount of Resin all the way throughout flowering and makes amazing Hash.

The SSSDH is my favourite variety and at the end of the year il release a new Fem SSSDH hybrid line and of course the pure SSSDH S1 also.

Also Regular Seed
SSSDH x Mullumbimby Madness x NevilHaze21 Male is another hybrid i will release at the end of the year and im very excited for this X and expect it to be something very special for us Sativa Junkies
Trying to girdle the SSSDH #2. Attempted putting 10’ rebar 2-3’ deep into a 20+ degree sloping hillside with a ladder and a 20lb post pounder all by myself. Damn. I’m getting more help.

View Image

As I placed the first layer of netting over her, my hands got a nice coat of resin. This one is so hazey. Spice and leather with a tinge of diesel back note.

View Image

Too bad the rebar i was handling is a little rusty or I would have indulged in a little early flower hand charas.

Having only really grown these SSSDH out in this general location a couple times over the past 10 years, I can say that these plants stand up to high temperatures and maybe the diesel smelling terpenes burn off in the heat, but that haze spice is on point.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Nice updates bro , looking great.
The SSSDH throws out an amazing amount of Resin all the way throughout flowering and makes amazing Hash.

The SSSDH is my favourite variety and at the end of the year il release a new Fem SSSDH hybrid line and of course the pure SSSDH S1 also.

Also Regular Seed
SSSDH x Mullumbimby Madness x NevilHaze21 Male is another hybrid i will release at the end of the year and im very excited for this X and expect it to be something very special for us Sativa Junkies

All sounds great, OJD. I’d like to see what an S1 SSSDH looks like crossed into my New Killer Malawi S1. Two bottlenecked killer clones that could see explosive hybrid vigor once combined. I’d reverse each plant separately to make seeds (reversed S1 SSSDH x Female Malawi; reversed S1 Malawi x Female SSSDH).

Wow! I’ve had a lot of interest in those MM x NH21. Haven’t grabbed beans yet, but a cross with your SSSDH clone sounds like an amazing throuple. 15 weeks give or take and hazey!! Truly sativa mind candy.

Speaking of sativa haze candy, I couldn’t resist.

picture.php

picture.php

The giant Purple Haze x Malawi that hasn’t even shown interest in flowering. Same grove with the already well established and flowering SSSDH’s.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Last days of August shots of the SSSDH girls.

First, with their kissing cousin Strawberry Diesel in the forefront.

picture.php

I was able to get the rebar pounded in and some netting applied. I’ll have to tie off or add additional support as needed.

SSSDH #1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’m in love with SSSDH #2. I’m betting she will create some enormous perhaps slightly less dense colas, but I have high hopes for this hazey leaner.

picture.php

picture.php

The girdling takes a bit away from the aesthetic of the shot, but it will be a necessary evil in another month.

picture.php

picture.php

Delicate long racemes of hazey, spice with a slight diesel twist.

picture.php

Love this shot under the cover of citrus and avocados.

Happy Times

View Image

View Image

Structure looks awesome, love that feathery hazy look

Would it help to use a hand drill to make some starter holes for that rebar? Just a thought

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Structure looks awesome, love that feathery hazy look

Would it help to use a hand drill to make some starter holes for that rebar? Just a thought

Oh I got the rebar in place. 8kg or 16lb pole pounder on an adjustable ladder given the slope.

SSSDH #1

picture.php

Buggy and prone to botrytis. I had to already cut some flower away.

picture.php

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
It’s been two weeks and the girls have been busy. They’ve survived temps reaching 46C/115F. Fire soot and smoke. Get ready form a photo bomb...

SSSDH #1

picture.php

The structure on #1 isn’t bad but just doesn’t compare to #2.

picture.php

Worms caused botrytis, but it’s not been terrible. A percent or two at most so far. I’ll giver her another inspection tomorrow before I head to Zion.

picture.php

The flowers are filling in quite nicely. Aromas are leathery, spicy and almost like a dry desert sweat. Trichomes are cloudy with what looks like amber starts. I’m guessing this one will be done around the end of Sept.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
#2 is a love child...

picture.php

The plant just has such a graceful structure.

picture.php

Long and feathery colas.

picture.php

That should beef up into arms length dense floral clusters.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Closer up on #2

picture.php

The trichomes are clear to cloudy. I’m expecting this will go well into the first half of October.

picture.php

Aromas are so similar to #1. That leathery dusty sweaty spice. The cut I’ve handed out...same comments.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts