What's new

My attic buildout

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Hopefully I'll have quite a bit of progress by the end of this week and I'll post up some more pics. Here are pics of the ladies. I pinched the tops on the two bigger ones to slow them down some. I probably have at least two or three (hopefully 2) more weeks of veg before they can be move. Thank god these don't stretch much at all.

:joint:

PharmaCan

Veteran
Spastic Gramps - When you get around to working on those flex lines that you have in your ventilation system, you should try the insulated flex duct. It's a lot better quality and it's smoother inside so you get better airflow. It's quieter too.

PC

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spastic Gramps - When you get around to working on those flex lines that you have in your ventilation system, you should try the insulated flex duct. It's a lot better quality and it's smoother inside so you get better airflow. It's quieter too.

PC

I've thought about running the insulated ducting. I'm pretty disappointed in the way they ran that ducting. It looks like shit, but whatever it's mainly for looks anyway. I've decided that I'm going to disconnect the upstairs ventilation system completely and run CO2. With the foam spray completely sealing the house and the 4 tons of available AC I have through the multi split units I think it's the easiest way. My garage door is even insulated and seals LOLOL. :joint:

I'm leaning towards air cooling the lights by connecting my carbon scrubber to 6in inline fan, run through the lights and pump into the first big room. Also cut 6 in returns in the same wall so the air can flow back through. That way I'll be using that first big room as a lung room for now and I'll be able to use the AC/dehumidify properties of both AC's. I'm really liking the concept of having nothing going in or coming out of the outside world. It goes with the sterile lab theme I'm going after.

What do you think?

the_man

doesn't the insulated ductiing form water on the inside when used with ac ?

I think your best bet is nothing going in or coming out of the outside world.

problems i see are the small intakes and the 100 temps outside

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
doesn't the insulated ductiing form water on the inside when used with ac ?

I think your best bet is nothing going in or coming out of the outside world.

problems i see are the small intakes and the 100 temps outside

:yeahthats I agree. I'm all over it.

rasputen

SpasticGramps,

Awsome job! I am jealous of your full bore system wide efforts.

I built one for a "client" but had nowhere the budget you have to work with.

I called it the "Attic Igloo" and that is the only way I can see an atic working in the extreme temps of winter or summer.
Great job, I'll look for some shots to show how superior your setup is.

rasputen----*<80)>

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Damn buddy, very impressive setup, lots of thought went into this. If you want to keep things simple yes you can skip air cooled hoods, and just use your AC more. It will cost more in the long run but if you can afford the heat and cooling you can just seal the whole thing up tight, no air in or out. You'd definitely want CO2 though!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm going to seal it. I'm going to air cool the lights, but the air is just going back into the grow room. I just want to get the heat off the lights and away from the plants so I can get the lights closer for max lumen output. But the whole thing is sealed, and basically glued shut with that foam lol. All that intake/exhaust/ and ducting you see will be disconnected from the upstairs once my contractors are gone. Two weeks and I should have these girls in flower!

Picking up my CO2 stuff next week. I think I'm going to get a regular generator just for reliability sake. I love the idea of the HydroGEN and I think it would work in my environment. But I want to KNOW that my unit is going to always refire. With the expandable AC I have, it's worth not having any headaches. :joint:

the_man

that hydrogen makes perfect sense for you

I just picked up a icebox and heat shield

I'm going to make a homemade chiller with 100 ft of copper coil and an igloo water cooler

what do you mean by refire

"But I want to KNOW that my unit is going to always refire"

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Decisions, decisions. By refire I mean that the unit cranks up when the water valve line is opened. I heard Eminem (I believe) had trouble with the unit restarting, but that was a pump issue. I don't think I'd have problems with the unit using DTW. I'm high and just being indecisive right now. :joint:

A

Amstel Light

SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!! your not worried about off gassing or voc's? i would bake it in for a week before i put the plants in.. im following this one ,attics before this kind of insulation, always seemed like such a waste of potential growspace.

****you must spread rep blabla******

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been following the thread! Everything look good so far gramps
Cant wait until you fire her up
Tagged!

:D

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I had to run off my old construction crew. The dude was a drunk, had no teeth. it worked out good for a little while. They were cheap and I could get them to do it how I wanted it and they did ok.

I found a Mexican guy with a good crew and they are finishing things up. I love working with Mexicans they are best. The white people around here are fucking worthless. Don't like to work and always have some excuse. Anyway, they have laid the tile and paint upstairs. So here are a couple of shots.

This is inside the bathroom. I'm going to hook my Hydrogen PRO I just picked up to those plumbing outlets. I'm going to run cooper tubing from the propane line in the dummy wall and drill out in the bathroom right by the vanity hookup. Basically the HydroGEN unit is going run off the sink.

The Green Air Controller will going in the main flower room. I'm going to install a constant running 6' inline fan through the bathroom wall into the Veg room this will keep all the air circulating throughout the entire sealed space.

Painted Veg Room (that pipe exchanges air from the downstair)

Flower Room AC, Notice the 4in hole on the left side of the room. That leads to ducting that exits through a pipe in the roof.

I'm going to run 4in fan hooked to a carbon scrubber (keep in mind I already have a 6in carbon scrubber running) and exhaust the room when the lights go out in the flower room. I'd like to time it down down to where it exhausts my CO2 ppm to about 400 or so. Because I'm still going my veg plants running 24/7 maybe 18/6.

That way I can got drop the temps to 74 degrees in the flower room. This is the best way for me to manage my High and Low temps with the CO2 while still dealing a veg room sealed within the larger layout. Plus a little fresh air coming through a HEPA filter once a day can't hurt.

I'll have this up and running by the end of next week for sure so I'll have some better more rigged out pics.

Here are ladies getting big and unruly.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That is a very well built looking attic. I can't wait to see you fill it up with some monster plants. I have to agree with you in regards to the Mexicans. They are very hard working people. I miss living down South and especially those awesome little Mexican restaurants. You can't beat that cooking :joint:

-Funk

dude hell yeah mah man....great construction work....ya mexicans are the hardest workers hands down....cant wait to see this riged up ..im trying to picture it....im in the front row dawg! thanks for this...

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks great gramps but it just doesnt seem fair that you get to live out my dream ;)

HAHA don't worry bro. It won't be too long before we are all rolling like this.

dude hell yeah mah man....great construction work....ya mexicans are the hardest workers hands down....cant wait to see this riged up ..im trying to picture it....im in the front row dawg! thanks for this...
That is a very well built looking attic. I can't wait to see you fill it up with some monster plants. I have to agree with you in regards to the Mexicans. They are very hard working people. I miss living down South and especially those awesome little Mexican restaurants. You can't beat that cooking :joint:

-Funk
Thanks guys. It's starting to come together finally. It's going to be really sweet when it's all done.

I have to get the cable and telephone guy over to my house before I start moving stuff in. I'm going to run the copper propane line and the 240v 30amp line tomorrow. So that when the phone people are done I can plug everything in. I have one of those 30amp Ecoplus sub panels. Plug n play for a quick rip down.

Just hope that none of those handy Mexicans has an account on ICmag!
Looking good!

Not a chance. No puedan hablar ingles, nada. Perro, hablo desmaido espanol.