What's new

My 1st Grow...Help Please! Gettin my Hands Dirty...

bongcritter

Hi nomad!

Thanks for the advice...I have actually been giving it quite a bit of nutrients, sometimes more than the recommended dose...I think I may be burning it though. Considering grabbing some clearex or some sort of flushing solution to help, now that I'm worried, or I could just keep going with what I was doing just decrease nutrient dosage.

Would you say that this qualifies as a small vegetable or mid size vegerable as per the Botanicare Pure Blend Pro directions?

I also sprayed some more neem today, that's all I've been using as far as sprays go...Any other reccomendations? I'll give your thread another good look-through.

It's been raining a fair amount, so anything I do to prevent insects tends to get washed out quickly. I'm game for re-application though.

I got sick of the slugs...they are eating more and more every day it seems....went and grabbed some slug/snail bait/killer stuff...not too experienced with it but it seems real safe to use:

picture.php

wish me luck on my fight against the little fuckers. They are getting annoying!

Heres some recent pics

picture.php

picture.php

nomaad

Veteran
they don't look burnt. but don't push your luck. no more than 15-20ml/gallon for plants that size... depending on the moon.

bongcritter

Thanks a bunch for the advice, nomaad!

Been steppin the nutrients back a bit, but not too much. I feel like she needs em now more than ever!!

Been kinda rainy lately...Still having some bug problems, but they seem to be subsiding a bit.

The slug/snail bait/killer stuff is hopefully doing the trick. Went out this morning for a nutrient feeding, sprayed some Neem Oil, laid some D-Earth, and spread some more of the slug bait stuff.

Still waiting to identify sex....trying to be patient!!

Let me know what you guys think of her!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for stoppin by, feel free to say hello! :joint:

neongreen

Veteran
Shes doing ok bong. If you want to get more growth, try foliar feeding after theres been a good rain, and the soil is wet. Feed either early in the morning or in the evening for best results, and stay away from spraying any strong nutes if its hot.

EWC, compost, and guano teas are a good starting point. You'll need a tea-brewer (aka a bucket, panty hoes, and a strong air pump :D).

I wouldn't feed anything full strength, at least till you have some tea brewing :wink:

bongcritter

Thanks for stopping by nomaad and neongreen!

Thanks for the advice on foliar feeding neongreen. It doesn't get too hot here so I think it would be safe!

Still researching the whole EWC tea thing...I'll be doing it soon enough!! Awesome advice tho, thanks so much.

bongcritter

Hi all!

She seems to be growing faster now more than ever...Hopefully I will know sex in the next few days...figured it would show up by now!!!

The slug killer stuff SEEMS to be working...I see less slug damage, so thats good!

Heres some pics!

growing towards the sun!
picture.php

picture.php

I'm seeing some rusting on lower leaves, but I'm not too worried about it...Newer leaves seem to be very healthy.

bongcritter

Hello all!

Went out today and fed some more Pure Blend Pro. She seems to be doing alright...I tried identifying sex and I think it's still too early. I took some pics in front of a magnifying glass to get a better idea and show you guys...sorry for the shitty pics.

Also, I took some pics of the brown/rusting/dying leaves...Just wondering what this is?? It's only appearing on older leaves, new leaves seem very healthy.

I think it may be a male! I think theres a nub developing on the 4th/5th node...but I can't really tell if its a male nub or another branch trying to grow??? Quite confused...clarification would be awesome!!

Pic time

General shots:
picture.php

picture.php

Rusty/Brown leaves:
picture.php

picture.php

My attempts at close ups to see if this is a male.
(Sorry for the shitty pics)

picture.php

picture.php

See the little thing growing at the node???

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for stopping by...if you have any idea on sex let me know!!!

bongcritter

Hello everyone!!

Still waiting to get a for sure identification on the sex...but I am thinking its female!!! The preflowers are nubs, but don't quite look like a banana...more pear shaped...Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I may be in luck!!

Went to the spot today...Fed some more Pure Blend Pro veg nutrients...Gonna get the Bloom nutrients tomorrow (exciting! didnt think I'd even make it this far)

I also did some very overdue weeding, and applied more D-Earth. Found a slug on her this morning and had to pick it off by hand...fuckers!

So, here we are. It's getting kinda tall and seems to have a gangsta lean going on... It seems a bit top heavy. Going to stake it down in the next couple days. Pretty windy day today, but I don't think it's gonna break. May be a problem once it starts packing the buds on though!!

Onto the pics!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for stoppin by, feel free to leave any comments!!

neongreen

Veteran
Minus a few leaf tips, but she's looking pretty healthy bong. Her side shoots are taking off I see.

I think you should get a couple of nugs off her bong.

bongcritter

Hello all,

Just stopping in for a lil update! I went and picked up some Flowering nutrients (Pure Blend Pro Bloom)

Went out today and fed her with a mix of the veg and bloom nutrients, I'll slowly step back the veg nutrients and in a week or so she'll be on flower nutes entirely.

Still not POSITIVE about sex, but I am thinking she's a female. There are multiple small pear/tear shaped preflowers developing at all of the nodes....Very exciting!

I should have topped or fimmed her, instead I have a bit of a stretch to deal with. She seems to be leaning a big, need to stake her up and tie her up.

I couldn't get any shots of the preflowers, too dark, but hopefully I 'll have a good idea soon.

Onto the pics!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for looking, feel free to leave comments of any kind!

nomaad

Veteran
I think she's a lady too. but i have very little experience working with plants from seed.

bongcritter

Whoooo!!! ICMAG is back up!!!

I was so bored without you guys!!

Anyhow, not too much is new with my lady. I put in a large stake and tied it to it in order to keep her from leaning too much. After I did it, I realized I used a very large stake to do it...basically its the size of a handle of a big shovel if that makes any sense. I hope I didn't disturb the roots too much when I drove it in the ground...Didn't even realize that may be an issue until after i did it...oops:yoinks:

But no biggie I guess...I've been feeding her a mix of Pure Blend Pro Veg and Bloom nutrients...gonna step off the veg nutes and give more bloom nutes as time goes on...

Sprayed some more liquid fence around...and thats about it! Still don't really know if its a female, but I'm 75% sure at this point. I tried to get a close up, but didnt really work out...leaves everywhere!

Heres some shots from the other day:

picture.php

picture.php

shot of the stem...the stake is about the size of a handle on a large shovel
picture.php

picture.php

I'm pretty sure these are the shots from today...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And, my fucked up attempt at a close up of the preflowers

picture.php

Let me know what you all think! I need to start considering some good insect killers/repellants and stuff now that I've entered flowering mode...Most people tell me not to use neem oil in flowering...or is it that I just shouldn't spray it on the buds, but spray it on the leaves? For now, I'm just not gonna spray it and rely on the D-Earth and the slug killer i got.

Thanks for looking

bongcritter

Hello everyone!!!

Good news....She's a female for sure!!! Got some female preflowers showing finally!!! I took this shot a couple days ago (got a nice camera to use for a few days)

You can see the preflowers on it here vaguely
picture.php

I forgot that you aren't supposed to feed Superthrive during flowering...so I stopped doing that a couple days ago. Been giving her 2 tablespoons of Pure Blend Pro bloom nutrients every day...(2 gallons of water worth)...Should I kick it up the 3 TBS?

I'm also considering doing another spray of neem oil on the larger fan leaves to keep insects away, before budding really starts and then I really don't want to use neem oil. Ideas??

Let me know, any advice would be amazing, please feel free to say whatever!!

These pics are from a couple days ago: (this camera ive been using lately is sooo much nicer than mine, holy shit)
picture.php

picture.php

These pics are more recent...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I realized that you really can't get a good idea of the size of the plant from the pics I've given so far, so I left a 1 gallon water container next to it to give more of an idea of the size...Also theres lighter is at the base of the stem

picture.php

AND...in other news....I had given up basically on my other plant, as it was pretty much entirely eaten up by bugs...so I stopped watering and caring for it basically. The other day I went out and checked on it, and its still there!!! It's looking very yellow, but it IS female!!! I may pull a .2 - .5 gram out of this little girl if I'm lucky...:joint: :woohoo: haha.

Starting to feed it everyday with a 1 gallon jug of water with Pure blend Pro bloom (1 tablespoon...should I use more???)

Anyhow, heres the pics..shes tiny

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for stoppin by, feel free to post!! :joint:

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Wow, are plants are growing at the same rate still!
Awesome to grow with you man makes me think we are doing it right...

What do you hope to get out of your biggest lady?

nomaad

Veteran
I would say she is in transition. Not flower. Pretty sure with Botanicare you're supposed to be using a combination of grow and bloom.

as for bug prevention... there are like 12 different OD threads discussing various bug solutions in detail. ok, maybe that's an exaggeration.

the big plant looks great. congrats on it being a female.

bongcritter

Hi HerbGlaze - long time no see!!! I hope you have an awesome harvest bro, K+ to you.

No idea how much I would get out of this...I'm just hoping for a little smoke for personal use! The more the merrier. If I got an ounce I would be AMAZED! But I have a lot ahead of me...

Hi nomaad! Thanks for stoppin in again!! K+ also :joint:

I did transition it for a while, for about a week I gradually gave her less veg nutes and more bloom nutes, and now I figure I should just give it all bloom nutes to focus it on flowering and not stretching. I hope my logic here isn't flawed.

The reason I am trying to get it to flower asap is because I'm in an area where the first frost is near the end of September...sometimes even earlier!!! So I am afraid I don't have much time left for these ladies to pack on weight....makes me very sad. I'm gonna do what I can and research what I can also.

I also need to look into some good bug prevention, was just looking for suggestions. I am considering Sevin, it's been mentioned here before on the OD forums and seems to be a good one for use while flowering...I just hope I can find some.

For now, I'm still using D-Earth around the bottom. Surpisingly I haven't had much bug problems LATELY....just some minor damage on leaves...I am hoping they leave the buds alone...I am growing amidst tons of WEEDS!!! (and not the cannabis kind)

I will have more pics up sooner or later today! thanks for stoppin by guys.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Looks like lots of improvement over the last week or so in the bigger plant. Good luck with this years grow, next year should be easier!

Latest posts

Latest posts