What's new

Mushroom Trips

mrjim5000

I find it incredibly hard to eat mushrooms nowdays. The smell has become ingrained in me, and even if I want to eat them, it's like my body refuses. I havehad some very strange times on mushrooms, but I wouldn't class them as a recreational drug. Things like weed and e and coke are designed to make you feel good, they release happy chemicals in the brain. Mushrooms make you feel <i>different</i>

My comedowns from shrooms have never been bad. I kinda feel like i've been punched in my head (how you image a boxer feels after taking a whollop), and I have a feeling that i'm back home after travelling to someplace far away. I don't get headaches or feel low like I do when coming down from other things.

Definatly try some, but bear in mind everything everyone has said above. If you ignore things like set, setting, the people you are with, what you have to do the next day etc. etc. things won't be great. Get it right and you can have one of the most insightful & powerful experience that you ever have, and it will stick with you forever.

T-type

For some reason this weekend I ate around 8 or 9 grams.... Worst mistake of my life. I cant even explain what happened cause I dont know what was real and what wasn't. I also vowed to never do drugs again after this weekend. Well except weed that is, but thats not a real drug.
My computer is busted in half, and my friends left cause they thought i was going to kill them. But each to his own.

shrooms are awsome! you just have to make sure you are in the right mind set!a bad trip is no fun.. but a good 1 is a real fun ride.. and u defintly need alot of bud it helps alot.. what am i saying u always need alot of bud it makes it all better!!

G

they seem to work great you can make a shitload of jars for under $40. Then you just incoulate them with a spore syringe put them above your fridge until they fully colonize them make them into casings.

not to mention, being able to isolate ideal substrains once you initially fruit the first ones and then clone the best ones using the karo/light corn syrup tek (preferred over honey for sure)

then starting just a few jars from your selected clone can then easily be turned into literally just about as many jars as you can find (provided you have enough colonized popcorn to go along with 'em) via grain2grain transfers, and g2g transfer jars will colonize a hell of a lot faster than jars noc'd up via spores...clones will only last for so many generations before you'll have to make prints again but you can re-use your syringes and everything so long as you sterilize them well...small investment can turn into LOTS of cubes :)

sterilization is important but not nearly as much as some reading my lead you to believe...use a room with no drafts/air flow, spray the air and materials down with lysol, flame your needles before & after innoc, pressure cook your jars well, and use a little common sense and you'll be fine...gloveboxes, flow hoods, and all that stuff are really overkill in my opinion for small scale (ie. jars)

tolerance can build up pretty fast with them too...2gr today means tomorrow i'll probly take 3-4gr and by the end of the week im eating 1/2oz just hoping to get off...the point im trying to make is not that you should eat every day and keep increasing dosage, but rather i'd encourage anyone to space your experiences out with at least a week or two in between for best effect...a couple times a year (if even that) is actually probly the best way to go, not from the standpoint of getting off on the mushrooms, but rather being able to best think about your experience and incorporate what was in your mind during the trip into the life you live day-to-day in the existence of your normal state of consciousness that you live in the "real world"

Last edited:
G

Picking some of these right now to eat in a few hours:

They are cubes, creeper or malabar I think....I need to find some tubing for my ultrasonic humidifier and get my little chamber built, I don't think I gave this casing an optimal enviroment.

Where do they sell those 3 tier enclosed greenhouses? I am nearly done building one of my own. :O

Anyhow, good advice from everybody in this thread. I think in summary, growing a personal amount of fungus is like baking a cake. You just have to do the sourcing of the ingredients and research of the method.

Last edited:
G

^ are you talking about those martha stewart racks? id think home depot, lowes or any mart would have something like that. i remember reading about those on the shroomery. i think you can also get plastic poly sheeting that zips up around it nicely.

that casing looks nice. looks like youre using perlite. perlite in a rubber made. thats all you need. :p although a fully automated cab would be awesome. fanning gets old.

sogman

Those are some thick stems. Shame the veils on them broke already. I guess it's picking time for a few of them. Really amazing how much ur mycellium has taken over that entire casing.

Reorx

I have to disagree on the no need to be ultra sterile comment. I have raised many batches of shroomies and I can tell you with out a doubt if your not sterile you will loose jars of mycellium to other spores of fungus. What I usually do to combat this is to innoculate my mason jars in one room, no breezes, spray the room with a bleach solution to reduce airborn bacteria and fungus, and wash yo damn hands, though you don't need to go crazy and scrub your skin off. Next and this is from experience, don't be drunk or stoned off your gord, every time I was drunk or ultra baked I fucked something up. Also clean your hands make sure your clothes aren't dirty and such. If you just make sure everythings been cleaned and your clean and no breezes you should be find and be happy. I have lost to many jars to not being sterile, so yes it is very important when your innoculating.

As for me I am going to do shrooms again I moved into a Apt. and theres not enough room to grow, nor do I have the balls to do so. Shrooms are ultra low key when growing, need little electricity cus you really don't need too much light at all. plus 100 bucks and I got 3 racks to grow with.

G

yes, shrooms are risky to grow, reorx. not something ill do again any time soon. im certain the charges would be much more severe than growing pot. i figure its safer to grow weed and trade it for shrooms. and with shrooms its not like you can do them every day like herb, so youre stuck with schedule 1 drugs on you. i ended up with way more shrooms than i could possibly consume and gave them away to some very grateful friends. :)

but im not here to discourage anyone from growing them. i recommend you all do it once, it might be your nack. i just want you to be safe. be realistic about what could happen if things went wrong and adjust your stealth accordingly and all will go well.

hell you could probably lock some jars up in a safe and put a space heater next to it for an incubator and get away with it anywhere

Last edited:
G

I have to disagree on the no need to be ultra sterile comment.
yeah i've heard that plenty of times before...it's all over every myc forum you come across...but i didn't say don't worry about sterilization i said "sterilization is important but not nearly as much as some reading my lead you to believe"...though now i'm confused since what you mentioned doesn't sound much different than what i said

u said no breezes = i said use a room with no drafts/air flow

u said spray the room with a bleach solution to reduce airborn bacteria and fungus = i said lysol aerosols work just well, not to mention smells better than bleach

u said wash yo damn hands, don't be drunk or stoned off your gord,make sure your clothes aren't dirty and such = i said common sense

...but anyone reading this take Reorx's advice...i guess i was too vague or something...i guess i interpret "ultra" sterile as use of flowhoods, gloveboxes, facemasks, haz-mat suits, etc.

Last edited:

Reorx

no problem I just probably mis-read/interpreted your statement, either way be sterile, I mean sterilize the room hehe.

I got a good laugh about your hazmat suit statement, I can see it now someone in one of those things trying to hold a little syringe and innoculate jars. hah. :fsu:

Last edited:
I

IwannagethighOG

Try starring at milkdrop on winamp. After your done everything will look just like it.

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
IwannagethighOG said:
Try starring at milkdrop on winamp. After your done everything will look just like it.

100% agreed Milkdrop is totally insane while tripping. A few times I've ended up with my face 6 inches from the screen with a huge grin on my face just staring at it for ages.

However, milkdrop is a pale comparison to what you can experience behind closed eyelids while laying down. There are no words to describe the awesome visions that the mushroom is capable of.

G

yes, i think mckenna recommends 5 grams in total darkness. for me the trips are best when im not trying to concentrate on anything and letting stuff come to me.

vinevamp

regarding preparing to consume, I find with most things of this nature, the 'cleaner' your body is the better the ride. (i.e., on the day of departure, don't drink any alcohol and if you can fast for the day that's best; if not fast completely, only have a light breakfast and then nothing else).

ThingFish

We usta do a perpetual PF tek. Shure was nice! Shure do love them Shrooms. As soom as I get settled in my new place Im prolly gonna wanna get some Golden Teachers or Blue Meanies goin. And the Shroomery.org is the shitt! Blessins!

Marcellas

Veteran
coming down from an all day trip with my friends.. we went on adventures and i learned alot.. crazy i only ate like a gram throughout the day

Latest posts

Latest posts