What's new

Mushroom Trips

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
The red mushrooms with white spots have a totally different chemical in them...they are both mushrooms but they're nothing like eachother.

Stick with the Cubensis mushrooms and you can't go far wrong.

If we're talking individual strains of cubensis here then I'd definately recommend Yangoons...they give excellent visuals and are relatively easy on the first timer.

G

reading this thread again reminds me of a funny lsd tripping story..
so bear with me

one time about 10-12 years ago a few of us decided to drop some black star tabs, (real strong acid at the time)

about 15 minutes later, we all thought it was a good idea to drive 15 mins to get some $1 whoppers before we start to get off.. before we knew it, there was no tingly feeling like usual in your jaw right before you start to get off..just BLAM!

we found ourselves hopelessly LOST in the kmart parking lot next to the burger king parking lot, and even after finding the drive thru, we kinda got lost again as we were pulling out of the burger king parking lot..that 15 minute ride home took over an hour.. and at one point, i remember looking at my friends spedometer, and we were going 10 MPH.. in a 55.

someone was watching over us that night, because we had no business being out and about, hell, i dont even remember seeing a single car on the ride home, but who knows,.,. maybe they all passed us?

sMack-CFS!

^LMFAO

I was just driving my buddies around last night while they were trippin. Kinda sucked though, I had to play designated driver and not chow hits with em..

G

You lucky cats.

I can gobble fungus anytime I want. Its acid I really want. I've only seen it once in my life...Made the good decision to buy a ten strip as it ended up being a few of the most profound experiences of my life.

I've even been to shows and no luck lately...I found some DOC on blotter once, that was...interesting. I ate one hit and tripped for 14 hours. A chemical worthy of much research...Still not on the level I consider acid. I had a bit of body load and temperature fluctuations that were at times uncomfortable, as well as a pronounced metallic taste and dryness in my mouth.

Where is Lucy?

G

red caps with white spots = amanita muscaria

my favorite way to mask the taste of cubes is to chop/grind up the dose relatively fine, then mix into a small glob of peanut butter and swallow 'em right down :)

That is no shit about really messing yourself up with too much. I came dangerously close..im not going to get into it. FUkn crazy for sure, stick with the small ones at first and work your way up. I may just be a puss but I think you should take my word for it on this one.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
red caps with white spots = amanita muscaria

Well, not always. There are poisons mushrooms that look a lot like amanita muscaria, I think a dark ages pope died eating one.

Point being, you cant lump things together like red and white spots = anything.

p. cubensis stem can blue when disturbed, and some people use this an an indicator of p. cubensis; but its a horrible indicator, bluing also occurs in poisonous mushrooms. What the mushrooms were growing on (substrate) spore color, and other things must be considered to identify a mushroom.

i come here for my MJ knowledge, and go
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/ubbthreads.php/Cat/0
for my Mushroom questions. how to grow indoors, wild mushroom hunting, where to get spores, its all there.

This place is adding to my overall knowledge more though lately.

Shroomery.com is the shit! Check out the thing about Tryptamine under expermintal techineques. I think thats where it is lol. Good stuff thou!!

GoodbyeBlueSky

ShroomDr said:
Well, not always. There are poisons mushrooms that look a lot like amanita muscaria, I think a dark ages pope died eating one.

i agree it's not a good idea for amateurs to try and pick their own shrooms, and amanitas are pretty dangerous even if you find the real thing, but there isn't another mushroom out there that closely resembles Amanita Muscaria...

prove me wrong.... lets see a picture...

Last edited:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Well, you got me there, it is pretty hard to mistake an Amanita Musicaria for anything else. My point was more towards, not using only visual identification, to id mushrooms.

Reorx

yeh I have to go with what others say, don't go out picking mushrooms and eating them. There are many different types and unless your a seasoned mushroom hunter I would stick to what someone else has eaten then try them out.

GoodbyeBlueSky

ShroomDr said:
Well, you got me there, it is pretty hard to mistake an Amanita Musicaria for anything else. My point was more towards, not using only visual identification, to id mushrooms.

yeah, amanitas are the exception to this rule. i think it's a very bad idea for people to pick their own psilocybin mushrooms. the 2 or 3 identifying characteristics people use to ID something like 'Liberty Caps' can be found in literally dozens of other, often highly toxic, mushrooms. my dad is a mycologist (studies mushrooms) and even he can't identify mushrooms like that without a dicotomous key (sp?) in front of him.

i, personally, will only eat cultivated mushrooms grown by reliable people, or being as i live in holland, smartshops...

Last edited:

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My friend is here with me and he told me about this time lapse video of some Ecuador cubensis growing....supposedly in ecuador the people say it is very dreamy, relaxing and quite visual...like waterfally or something...very potent. So says the somebody.
Time Lapse Ecuador....

G

I prefer the strain thai koh samui. Verry aggressive mycelium growth and very potent fruits. can get huge in the right conditions to. I like to take em with a roll. :chin:

St0n3r said:
dont eat them if you cant handle whats inside your head
That is really the best peice of advice given in this thread. I've tripped fungus over 90 times this year normally a trip or two every week, the whole thing about tripping is first you must have a bit of mind control because you control whether you have a bad trip or not. You also control a little part of what you see and how you take it, I recomend being in a familiar place like your home the for the first time you try them. After that hang with the big boys and eat quarters of fungus and run around like mad men!

EDIT: I didnt even read this page but as far as Amanita Musicaria goes I eat them to.

Last edited:

MacPride

Mushrooms are good and all but I'd prefer/recomend LSD, i think it has less of a paranoid trip and the coming down is as harsh, but thats me.

I just had a wonderful shroom trip last night/early this morning. I sat and looked at the stars and they began to swirl and change color. Patterns appeared and it was absolutley amazing. One of the best shroom experiences I've ever had. Also, I woke up this morning feeling amazing.

MacPride said:
Mushrooms are good and all but I'd prefer/recomend LSD, i think it has less of a paranoid trip and the coming down is as harsh, but thats me.
I agree, it all really depends on what type of mood i'm in my experiences on lsd always seem to be quite a bit different than all of my mushroom trips. Fun times.

GreenStreet

It seems like everyone's advice is suggesting you should grow your own to be on the safe side. Since I don't live in a forest, what the difficulty level for growing fungus and I see these mushroom kits online, can some one recommend one?
GS

G

Dont get a kit man. go to www.shroomery.org. read the tek on how to make popcorn substrate jars. they seem to work great you can make a shitload of jars for under $40. Then you just incoulate them with a spore syringe put them above your fridge until they fully colonize them make them into casings. There are great guides on the site how to do all of those. It is easy to make a half p of mushrooms for less than $100. pm me if you want some tips.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts