What's new

Multi-flow/Ebb&Grow Users: TIPS&TRICKS

ebb and grow 2 gallon pots suck i have work with these and yield is bad plus end up with nute problems the clay pebles dont hold water and the space the clay pebles take up the 2 gallon pots leaving no room for roots to grow since roots cant grow through the peble its like your growing in a half gallon pot the roots only grow inbetween the pebles
if used with sure to grow inserts or rockwool this set up will get you more yield and hold water much better

Wow you are the first I've heard say this system sucks, lol
I get between 3 and 7zips each w/co2. Maybe its not the system? :laughing:

I never understood why some people have the biggest egos. ANYONE CAN GROW!!!! ANYONE!!! Many times I have found MYSELF as the limiting factor in my gardens. We are the gods of our indoor gardens. We must provide light, air, water... WATER!!! Yeah! Ony we are to blame, other than that it's ignorance.

We've grown 5-6 ounce plants in this system using only the clay pellets for medium in atleast 7 grows. The only reason we use rockwool is to keep the plants more sturdy.

Silly soil growers in hydro donot realize that roots donot have to search out for moisture as they do in soil so 2gal is more than enough room. I was a soil grower full time for 4 yrs before switching over to these buckets. Anytime I walk into one of our rooms and see something wrong, my first response is, "wtf did I do now!" .

ebb and grow 2 gallon pots suck i have work with these and yield is bad plus end up with nute problems the clay pebles dont hold water

When running claypellets as the only medium we flood 5-6 times in a 24hr @week 5
When running rockwool in clay pellets we flood 3-4 times in 24hr@week 5.

That's right you said it yourself, "the clay pebbles don't hold water".... WATER MORE FREQUENTLY !!!

pimpjuice

I'm still rocking the bato buckets & Intellidose but want to cut my numbers down, flowering 90 and vegging 100+ was jacking my overall numbers up pretty high. I'm trying 4 bato's per 1kw this round, using perlite as the medium. I removed the pvc pipe from the floor and have put pondliner down, I'm liking this because I can cram the buckets under fewer lights and spread them out as necessary.

I'm looking forward to getting my ebb&grow built up. I think I'm going to build 2 controllers so I can get away with using a smaller res. I'm going to use a sprinkler valve on the water add back float valve to keep the res from overfilling during the feeds.

I'm thinking I can grow larger plants more easily in the 5gal buckets, I'll veg in 2 gallon pots and transplant into the ebb&grow.

Sup PJ......LTNS........Where`s my Temple Balls........LOL..........Hope all`s been well witchas......... I used 5 gal coco smartpots DTW but never thought about sittin em inside a 5 gal ebb and flow bucket......
What about all your bato`s with the intellidose......You goin for bigger rootmass/plants this run ?.......The 5 gals w/coco chunks/perlite don`t need near as much tending/watering/feeding.......almost grow themselves........

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
I never understood why some people have the biggest egos. ANYONE CAN GROW!!!! ANYONE!!! Many times I have found MYSELF as the limiting factor in my gardens. We are the gods of our indoor gardens. We must provide light, air, water... WATER!!! Yeah! Ony we are to blame, other than that it's ignorance.

We've grown 5-6 ounce plants in this system using only the clay pellets for medium in atleast 7 grows. The only reason we use rockwool is to keep the plants more sturdy.

Silly soil growers in hydro donot realize that roots donot have to search out for moisture as they do in soil so 2gal is more than enough room. I was a soil grower full time for 4 yrs before switching over to these buckets. Anytime I walk into one of our rooms and see something wrong, my first response is, "wtf did I do now!" .

When running claypellets as the only medium we flood 5-6 times in a 24hr @week 5
When running rockwool in clay pellets we flood 3-4 times in 24hr@week 5.

That's right you said it yourself, "the clay pebbles don't hold water".... WATER MORE FREQUENTLY !!!

dude ok you know how to grow good for you
why cant you do math and see that the roots only grow into any gap inbetween the clay pebles since the roots cant penitrate the pebles you are left with haft gallon size root ball not two gallons of roots so your telling me your geting 5-6 oz per plant this i know dont sound right to anyone that has used this system so keep on doing what you do shit with results like this any seed co or coffee shop would love for you to teach them this in them two gallon pots with clay pebles half gallon root ball good luck

and it always someone that cant prove grows to us that always start talking senseless
i use to post grow on youtube too i been growing since 1998 doing hydro since 2000

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
ThePieEyedPiper the info i drop a reply it wasnt for you it was for the person that started this thread but you act like you the champs of all champs i didnt ask you to quote on me
but like i say its always people that cant post pics of there grow that always run there mouths prove to us you even have a system bro i put my info out there so it can help in what everway you just go around being a hater well good for you
and say what you want i am not gona bother you not on my level

burnedout

dude ok you know how to grow good for you
why cant you do math and see that the roots only grow into any gap inbetween the clay pebles since the roots cant penitrate the pebles you are left with haft gallon size root ball not two gallons of roots so your telling me your geting 5-6 oz per plant this i know dont sound right to anyone that has used this system so keep on doing what you do shit with results like this any seed co or coffee shop would love for you to teach them this in them two gallon pots with clay pebles half gallon root ball good luck

and it always someone that cant prove grows to us that always start talking senseless
i use to post grow on youtube too i been growing since 1998 doing hydro since 2000

You seem to be the only poster in 20 pages that feels the 2 gal pots are inadequate. Many pepole report 4+ oz per plant in the 2 gal pots, so I don't doubt 5-6 per is possible.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
You seem to be the only poster in 20 pages that feels the 2 gal pots are inadequate. Many pepole report 4+ oz per plant in the 2 gal pots, so I don't doubt 5-6 per is possible.

so people that have harvest post your results of your grow using 2 gallon pot fill with clay pebles and gotten 5-6 oz dry bud not wet and lets see how many grower will even post a pic so you can judge of a plant in 2 gallons
lets wait!! keep waiting
its not posible having half gallon for a root ball
peace dude

E

EvilTwin

Hi Guys,
One of the things that confuses me (among many lol) is this idea of rootmass.

When I first started reading about hydro years ago...one of the main ideas presented is that hydro plants don't need big roots because the nutrients are brought to the roots so the roots don't need to go searching for food.

I've built a multiflow but I'm waiting for plants to veg to put it in use. BUT I've grown plants in a Hydrofarm which is a top drip 2 gallon hydroton system. I had very nice 3 1/2' to 4' plants that produced 5 ounces. So I too have to respectfully disagree with you dominicangreen. 2 gallon buckets work great. There are many many Ebb&Gro systems in use as well as many DIY copy-cat systems all happily growing very nice plants.
Peace,
ET

burnedout

so people that have harvest post your results of your grow using 2 gallon pot fill with clay pebles and gotten 5-6 oz dry bud not wet and lets see how many grower will even post a pic so you can judge of a plant in 2 gallons
lets wait!! keep waiting
its not posible having half gallon for a root ball
peace dude

WOW! You are really trying to say that it is not possible to harvest a 5 oz plant in a 2 gal E&F bucket? I have a feeling you will be eating your words very soon.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
WOW! You are really trying to say that it is not possible to harvest a 5 oz plant in a 2 gal E&F bucket? I have a feeling you will be eating your words very soon.

Reading and someone doing so is two deferent things show some pics before harvest in two gallons let the best of grower prove this that root mass means nothing

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran

why cant you understand bro not enough root space i will say over and over again i wish someone that has lots of experience can just get on this thread and tell yous that root mass mean bigger plant and buds more food can be absorbed no shit in hydro nutrients are avalible at all time the watering cycles are there but this does not mean the plant will take up a whole lot of nutrients if there not enough roots your plant will get root bound in this system tryna get a plant to finish 3-5 foot range i grow sativas as well in this system finished at 5 foot and only got 2-3 oz per plant the only why i was able to fatten the root mass and stem after was by adding 6''x6'' rockwool cubes on top of the pebles on a drip ..so i have had experience with this system i have 48 pots that i'm tryna see what i'm gona do with

no beef bro

not to get between your guy's beef, but I'll put in my cents. although i agree that a larger root mass will provide better results. with that being said i have personally harvested multiple 4 oz ak47's plants with nothing more than 4x4 grodans in a flood&drain with 3 weeks veg. most of the time we only veg one week and average 2 zips per plant on the same 4x4 flood&drain. not saying i can achieve this every time but it is possible. i also use bubbler buckets for my mothers and get about a 1/2lb apiece when flowered and they only offer about 3 gallons of root space.

not to get between your guy's beef, but I'll put in my cents. although i agree that a larger root mass will provide better results. with that being said i have personally harvested multiple 4 oz ak47's plants with nothing more than 4x4 grodans in a flood&drain with 3 weeks veg. most of the time we only veg one week and average 2 zips per plant on the same 4x4 flood&drain. not saying i can achieve this every time but it is possible. i also use bubbler buckets for my mothers and get about a 1/2lb apiece when flowered and they only offer about 3 gallons of root space.

By veg i guess u meant flower? 4 oz from 3 weeks veg is incorrect?

E

EvilTwin

Zman...
You should probably delete your post. It demonstrates lack of understanding. The longer a plant is in veg...the larger it will get in flower and will yield more. So yes he meant 3 weeks in veg followed by a full flowering schedule.
ET

burnedout

why cant you understand bro not enough root space i will say over and over again i wish someone that has lots of experience can just get on this thread and tell yous that root mass mean bigger plant and buds more food can be absorbed no shit in hydro nutrients are avalible at all time the watering cycles are there but this does not mean the plant will take up a whole lot of nutrients if there not enough roots your plant will get root bound in this system tryna get a plant to finish 3-5 foot range i grow sativas as well in this system finished at 5 foot and only got 2-3 oz per plant the only why i was able to fatten the root mass and stem after was by adding 6''x6'' rockwool cubes on top of the pebles on a drip ..so i have had experience with this system i have 48 pots that i'm tryna see what i'm gona do with

no beef bro

Please don't take offense to this bro, but your posts are extremely hard to read. It would be much easier to follow you if you formed sentences and paragraphs.

I guess the reason that "I can't understand" is because pretty much everyone I have ever spoken to with experience using these systems agrees that the 2 gal pots are more than adequate. Many even state that changing to larger buckets is completely unnecessary.

I can't even recall how many posters have already reported harvesting plants of 4 oz's or more, but I guess that means nothing to you since you consider them all to be liars until they post a picture.

Latest posts

Latest posts