What's new

Multi-flow/Ebb&Grow Users: TIPS&TRICKS

burnedout

EvilTwin - Can you explain how to wire up that 5th float sensor for the Krypto/Ogre style controller?

If you had a screen in the lower bucket bulkhead would there be a need for two buckets? Or am I wrong in thinking the main purpose for the top bucket is to keep the media out of the drain line?

E

EvilTwin

EvilTwin - Can you explain how to wire up that 5th float sensor for the Krypto/Ogre style controller?

If you had a screen in the lower bucket bulkhead would there be a need for two buckets? Or am I wrong in thinking the main purpose for the top bucket is to keep the media out of the drain line?

Hi guy...
It's wired in series with the transformer going to the fill pump. Float being used in the NO (normally on) mode so when it overfills, it will break the power to the fill pump. This Aquahub PDF has pix and diagrams. I used their kit with a single timer.

http://www.aquahub.com/store/media/EbbandFlowControlInstruxCompressed.pdf

As I understand it, the main advantages of a two bucket system are...you can move the plants around (big advantage) and less likely to clog drain hose with roots. If you drill lots of large holes...you negate the second advantage (roots can get in anyway).
Peace ,
ET

rb420

Wow! Just read through all 19 pages of this thread. I have a few small scale soil grows under my belt. IN a couple months I am going to start my first larger scale, hydro grow.

I am still working out how exactly I am going to set it up, but this thread made me a lot more confident going in. Thanks for all the great info everyone! When I am done figuring out my design, I will post it here and hopefully you guys can give me some feed back before I get started on ordering everything.

Thanks again!!!

B

blueybong

Here's a couple of pics of my final set-up.

Thanks again for the help & input(ET & Mist)!! :joint:

Oh yea, this is a recirculating DWC. I'll go for the true E&G next grow.

E

EvilTwin

Here's a couple of pics of my final set-up.

Thanks again for the help & input(ET & Mist)!! :joint:

Oh yea, this is a recirculating DWC. I'll go for the true E&G next grow.

Looks good Bluey...
So you have it do an occasional drain and fill to recirculate the nute solution?
Cheers,
ET

B

blueybong

Looks good Bluey...
So you have it do an occasional drain and fill to recirculate the nute solution?
Cheers,
ET

Thanks! It fills for 3 hours & then drains for an hour. This gives me time to ph & EC the H20.

Peace!!

B

blueybong

Hey Bluey,
Your controller looks realy good. Nice job! Now lets see those plants, LOL!

Thanks! I'll post some pics in about 6 weeks and we'll see how things turn out.

I will say that this way of growing is so much easier on my back. No more bending over and reaching to check each plants levels and refilling.

See you around late Dec:joint:

Mist

Why don't you start a grow diary for this grow Bluey. I am interested in seeing how it progresses. I am betting that, depending on how big you let the plants get, that you will go through around 1-2 gallons per plant per day when they get into flower.

619Sativa

Sorry for the question, cause I think I read this in here somewhere, but can any of you tell me who it was who used this system with the sure to grow 2 gallon inserts? I was thinking about trying those things out, but remember reading he had a hell of a time with it. I would like to see the kinds of problems he faced. Or if there is anyone else using them, could you share your results. Thanks-Sativa.

B

blueybong

Why don't you start a grow diary for this grow Bluey. I am interested in seeing how it progresses. I am betting that, depending on how big you let the plants get, that you will go through around 1-2 gallons per plant per day when they get into flower.

Mist ~ once they really start to bud out, I'll start a Flowering journal. But they've just starting to flower and the bud sites are small(not very exciting).

I let you know what the avg H2O intake is within a few days.

B

blueybong

I'm adding about 2 gallons per day to the main rez, so the four girls are drinking about 1/2 gallon each.

The ph has stayed within 5.8 - 5.9 and the EC is just starting to fall. I'll wait until it gets to around an EC of 1.6 before I add back.

I'm using Botanicare and the main rez is clear & clean. So far, so good.

Oh yea, I,m draining every 1 1/2 hours for 15 minutes and every 3 hours for one hour. I like to keep recycling those nutes, plus a little extra air time.

This system is so easy. I highly recommend it for anyone who grows 4 plants or more per grow.

i knew you looked familiar BB, anyhows you have reached your nutrient sweet spot when EC/ppm goes down. too many keep blasting the plants with high numbers not realizing the plants arent using these nutes

B

blueybong

i knew you looked familiar BB, anyhows you have reached your nutrient sweet spot when EC/ppm goes down. too many keep blasting the plants with high numbers not realizing the plants arent using these nutes

Hey Dude! No, I haven't added back any nutes as of today. I've been adding 2 gallons of water everyday and my EC is still hanging around 1.7. I'm waiting for it to drop below 1.6 before adding back. The ph has been really stable.

Everything is going really smooth and much easier than individual DWC buckets.

pimpjuice

I'm getting my parts together to build up an ebb&grow style system with 5gallon pots, 3/4in lines, the aquahub kit for the controller, I'm going to add airstones for use during the flood cycle, got a good deal on a regenerative blower. Anyone on here try using smart pots as bucket liners, I have some buddies who have been running coco in these systems with great results, liner keeps the coco where you want it.

B

blueybong

Here's a pic of a bud site developing about 4 or 5 nodes down from the top. The WW preflowered @ day 8 and today's day 24. So 16 days have past since she 1st showed her two white hairs.

D

DHF

Sup PJ......LTNS........Where`s my Temple Balls........LOL..........Hope all`s been well witchas......... I used 5 gal coco smartpots DTW but never thought about sittin em inside a 5 gal ebb and flow bucket......

What about all your bato`s with the intellidose......You goin for bigger rootmass/plants this run ?.......The 5 gals w/coco chunks/perlite don`t need near as much tending/watering/feeding.......almost grow themselves........

Goodta see yas back around..........Show us how it`s done..........

Peace....DHF....:joint:........

burnedout

Sup PJ......LTNS........Where`s my Temple Balls........LOL..........Hope all`s been well witchas......... I used 5 gal coco smartpots DTW but never thought about sittin em inside a 5 gal ebb and flow bucket......

What about all your bato`s with the intellidose......You goin for bigger rootmass/plants this run ?.......The 5 gals w/coco chunks/perlite don`t need near as much tending/watering/feeding.......almost grow themselves........

Goodta see yas back around..........Show us how it`s done..........

Peace....DHF....:joint:........

DHF, what's your thoughts on bucket sizing in E&F buckets? Pretty much everyone I know agrees that the "stock" 2 gal are more than big enough and going larger is a waste. I'm sure they can grow some nice size plants, I've seen them. But it seems so strange to me that a 5 gal setup wouldn't outperform a 2 gal side by side. Thoughts?

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
ebb and grow 2 gallon pots suck i have work with these and yield is bad plus end up with nute problems the clay pebles dont hold water and the space the clay pebles take up the 2 gallon pots leaving no room for roots to grow since roots cant grow through the peble its like your growing in a half gallon pot the roots only grow inbetween the pebles
if used with sure to grow inserts or rockwool this set up will get you more yield and hold water much better

Latest posts

Latest posts