What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mulanje from Malawi

Goodherb

I too love sub-Sahara African sativas. They have a unique high thats like coming up on LSD. A complete head/heart change that makes everything irie. Similar to Jamaican, but much more intensity, where the Jamaican is much more chill and social.
I worked with Sinai and I liked that too, but its nothing like southern Africans. The Sinai was very much like Durban - more Durban than most Durbans on the market - with a balanced chill vibe found in hashplants... it would be a good introduction to Africans for those who aren't used to intense sativas or psychedelics.
Those jungle-phyche . Never try African (continental or peninsula) strains .
I had a few once , but unfortunately incident ,they were lost. My lost.

Yeah , I could think of few others also ,who I am aware that have a serious thing for African genepool.

Tangwena

Veteran
I too love sub-Sahara African sativas. They have a unique high thats like coming up on LSD. A complete head/heart change that makes everything irie. Similar to Jamaican, but much more intensity, where the Jamaican is much more chill and social.
I worked with Sinai and I liked that too, but its nothing like southern Africans. The Sinai was very much like Durban - more Durban than most Durbans on the market - with a balanced chill vibe found in hashplants... it would be a good introduction to Africans for those who aren't used to intense sativas or psychedelics.
You are so right my first experience with pot was with some super strong Malawi cob, total trip, like acid for a first ever smoker.
I have only liked strong energetic mind altering pot since.
I have several personalities that I enjoy inhabiting and can only access them on strong pot ha ha.

I also like Panama from Ace cob cured and chewed its crazy.
GT is another favorite but of course it has Malawi in the mix. I dont like anything that slows me down I need all the energy and power I can get.

Mulanje is a special plant in my book I have seeds crossed to Swazi and Mozambique still to grow not enough time as usual.
That Sinai sounds unique as well. I knew some guys back in the 70's who drove down to South Africa down the East Coast of Africa and smuggled heaps of super potent cobs into Zimbabwe as its known today.
They said Southern Sudan had the most trippy pot they came across. There is or was lots of strong pot in Africa mostly unknown to the cannabis community of today.

Tangwena

Veteran
Almost invincible (metaphysic) armour.
Tangwena, from I started following this sites, it's apparent that you have an affinity towards Malawi/mulanje genotypes (Swazi, Angola, Congo's, zamal) with ethiopian having special place also. I quess africans in general.
The exception been Honduras !
I like any pot thats energizing and trippy my friend.
I will soon be growing some reportedly very nice Columbian Gold x Acapulco Gold from a friend who reports great effects.
You never know if you like something until you have tried it isn't it?
I prefer to grow seeds from pot I have tried and liked but alas thats not always possible and sometimes you just have to grow it first unfortunately.
It takes up a lot of time but thems the breaks.
I just count myself lucky to be in a world where we have access to such great genetics thanks to the internet and forums like this.

Goodherb

Yes, I have seen someone on this site , growing sudanese. What about Angola"s ,I think ace seeds did some works with it.
The Mozambique and mulanje should share many characteristics.
The highlands of Mount Kilimanjaro, have anything special ,as far as you knows, Tangwena?

Tangwena

Veteran
Yes, I have seen someone on this site , growing sudanese. What about Angola"s ,I think ace seeds did some works with it.
The Mozambique and mulanje should share many characteristics.
The highlands of Mount Kilimanjaro, have anything special ,as far as you knows, Tangwena?
I have never tried any of those strains personally so I cant comment.
Kilimanjaro has a good rep but I have never had any so I dont know.
What I do know from video's I have seen online is that Malawi cobs are imported into Kenya and sold at a premium to local grown weed.
The guys I met who did have very strong cobs from Malawi rated Southern Sudanese as stronger thats all I know for sure.

RobFromTX

So when folks talk about how expensive the landrace team is i mean what are we talking here? $20 a seed? $30 a seed? I have yet to contact them about ordering but they have one hell of a line up and seem more than legit

Tangwena

Veteran
Aces Malawi/Ethiopian crossed to Mulanje Gold and Malawi Gold it gives the high a lot of extra depth and can be euphoric if not overdosed.
This is my Holly Grail high along with the Mulanje which is just as awesome but in a different way more like MDMA. This cross can have both Malawi Gold and Mulanje Gold leaning phenos.
Along with the Malawi and Ethiopian phenos. They are all crazy good but the mix throws in a lot of great outcomes ha ha.
I'm having great fun on a cob made from a blend of two plants its so good.
A lot of times when you mix plants the high can be jumbled up but I haven't found one I dont like yet in this cross.
img_3316-web.jpg
img_3314-web.jpg
img_3312-web.jpg
img_3317-web.jpg

I've seeded a few lower popcorn buds in fact everythings seeded by 2 males one green stemmed and one purple striped stemmed including this Panama and a Zenith ha ha.
img_3312-web.jpg
img_3308-web.jpg
img_3318-web.jpg
img_3307-web.jpg

Last edited:

PlasmaTube

Aces Malawi/Ethiopian crossed to Mulanje Gold and Malawi Gold it gives the high a lot of extra depth and can be euphoric if not overdosed.
This is my Holly Grail high along with the Mulanje which is just as awesome but in a different way more like MDMA. This cross can have both Malawi Gold and Mulanje Gold leaning phenos.
Along with the Malawi and Ethiopian phenos. They are all crazy good but the mix throws in a lot of great outcomes ha ha.
I'm having great fun on a cob made from a blend of two plants its so good.
A lot of times when you mix plants the high can be jumbled up but I haven't found one I dont like yet in this cross. View attachment 18919036 View attachment 18919035 View attachment 18919033 View attachment 18919037

I've seeded a few lower popcorn buds in fact everythings seeded by 2 males one green stemmed and one purple striped stemmed including this Panama and a Zenith ha ha. View attachment 18919033 View attachment 18919032 View attachment 18919038 View attachment 18919031
Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian after some cure. Ran flower in 10/14 and finished in under 80...gotta double check but it was def 75-85 days..Ran em small for space. Ended up with 2 solid males and 1 female.

Rough pics..and rough looking bud, haha.

Smoke...sends me on waves of positive and uplifting energy. It gives controlled energy, meaning it's not overwhelming. It's focused, electric, and makes me think of what Ethiopian reads like. It's happy yet energetic weed. Excellent smoke.

For those who have smoked Ace Malawi I will say this. The Malawi which this is related to, is more "raw". It's more "chaotic" of a high, while this is more embracing and loving, but still UP!!! THIS IS coffee and love. Malawi from Ace is coffee and cocaine, haha.

Made F2s of this and will be popping some shortly after I clear some tent space. @Tangwena , you're the man for this one. The line will only yield more potency and energy...and that bit of warm love, haha...not to sound like a hippy.
IMG_20231130_045628.jpg
IMG_20231130_045354.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
Last pics before I head off on my fishing trip for 4 to 5 weeks ha ha.
The remaining 3 girls are going to be left on auto with the blumats I hope 100ltrs is going to be enough water ha ha.
I have 3 different phenos going so plenty of different terps floating around in the box.
I should get a cob and a candy bar off each plant which is more than enough for this old guy ha ha.
8/14

img_3414-web.jpg
img_3408-web.jpg
img_3411-web.jpg
img_3412-web.jpg

PlasmaTube

Last pics before I head off on my fishing trip for 4 to 5 weeks ha ha.
The remaining 3 girls are going to be left on auto with the blumats I hope 100ltrs is going to be enough water ha ha.
I have 3 different phenos going so plenty of different terps floating around in the box.
I should get a cob and a candy bar off each plant which is more than enough for this old guy ha ha.
8/14

View attachment 18937295 View attachment 18937292 View attachment 18937293 View attachment 18937294
Great work, Tang!
Enjoy that trip ;)

Tangwena

Veteran
For those who have smoked Ace Malawi I will say this. The Malawi which this is related to, is more "raw". It's more "chaotic" of a high, while this is more embracing and loving, but still UP!!! THIS IS coffee and love. Malawi from Ace is coffee and cocaine, haha.
Good description my friend some of the other phenos that emerge can be very stoney cobbed but all with that same Mulanje euphoric feeling.
Many different plants in Malawi and East Africa in general.
I cant wait to try growing some old seeds I made of Mulanje x Mozambique and Mulanje x Swazi they will be my next adventure ha ha.
Happy Festive season brothers.