What's new

MrAwder's Basement Grow 3.0

MrAwder

SirStynkalot: Yes I am honestly surprised I did not see worse based on what I was mixing.

SkunkPlz: Had dumsta/dumpster for a while. Believe it came to me labelled as G13 x NL but I'm pretty sure it was dumpster as it is known in my area. Lost that cut though some time ago. It came from the same source as Candy, Afghani Mango and Death Star. It was a one time thing and I do not have access to any other "elites" in this area anymore :( And I have also heard of Candy going by "Indiana Candy Corn" as it was grown in the cornfields there but other than a few vague mentions there is very little out there about this strain. Very lucky to have it since it yields so well, has great bag appeal and the smell is out of this world, some people think it lacks potency but I am more and more sure it is people who are used to heavy indicas and not the subtlety of a nice clear sativa.

SkunkPlz

SirStynkalot: Yes I am honestly surprised I did not see worse based on what I was mixing.

SkunkPlz: Had dumsta/dumpster for a while. Believe it came to me labelled as G13 x NL but I'm pretty sure it was dumpster as it is known in my area. Lost that cut though some time ago. It came from the same source as Candy, Afghani Mango and Death Star. It was a one time thing and I do not have access to any other "elites" in this area anymore :( And I have also heard of Candy going by "Indiana Candy Corn" as it was grown in the cornfields there but other than a few vague mentions there is very little out there about this strain. Very lucky to have it since it yields so well, has great bag appeal and the smell is out of this world, some people think it lacks potency but I am more and more sure it is people who are used to heavy indicas and not the subtlety of a nice clear sativa.

what are some of the clones u are searching for?? big ups the midwest growers doing their thing :smoke out:

MrAwder

what are some of the clones u are searching for?? big ups the midwest growers doing their thing :smoke out:

None really at the moment. All the bud I grow even from seed is better than the stuff coming through this area. One cut I would like to grab just for sentimental value is Lemon G. Very popular in this area and has a real striking aroma and a flavor that comes through intensely when smoked. The high is a little lacking and the buds are super airy, but people love it and it's been kicking around these parts pretty consistently for the 8 years I've been living here. The only other "named" strains I see coming through are Godbud and MK UItra. Neither hold much interest for me.

I still have plenty of packs to search through myself. Looking forward to good things from the Bubba Kush S1's and Blue Alaskan Thunder Fuck. After that time to pop some Sour Bubble x Casey Jones IX, I think... if I don't splurge on some Bodhi gear first.

On one hand it would be great if the Midwest opened up a bit more in regards to legalization/medical so I could pop down to a dispensary and grab some new clones to try as many are able to do. On the other hand... I'm fine popping seeds and finding my own "elites" while getting $4k an elbow.

MrAwder

Dry numbers from the last harvest:

DeathStar: 86g
Afghani Mango: 119g
Super Lemon Haze: 122g
Midas: 170g

Total: 497g = 17.75oz

I never got a final total weight on the last round of Midas. I'm sure it finally broke 1gpw though. It just yields insane compared to the other strains I have. I did go back and look at the harvest before that and it also totalled to... 497 grams! Consistency is good I suppose and that puts me at ~ 0.82gpw. I know I can easily break 1gpw with my lower yielding strains if I can improve my veg game and get another 6" or so of height on the plants before they go in. I'm just always running behind.

I'll try and snap some dry pics tonight of everything. Have quite the headstash going now with at least an ounce of strain I grow on standby :dance013: :woohoo:

MrAwder

It is a MIRACLE I grow anything

It is a MIRACLE I grow anything

Well I guess a picture is worth 1000 :wallbash:

Guess which meter is new and correct? Yes the middle one! So not only have I been struggling with water quality issues, but my EC meter has been fucked for who knows how long. KEEP YOUR METERS CALIBRATED.

So I dumped everything and did yet another new batch of nutes. Lo and behold Jacks/CalNit at the 0.67 ratio puts my pH at 6.3. Beautiful! Now hopefully things will really start to turn around. God knows how I have gotten a single bud in the past few months with fucked up water and no idea what I'm feeding. Welcome to amateur hour.

Some more general updates...

Here are seedlings for the veggie garden. A lot of peas, some cucumbers, couple herbs and peppers which are germing VERY slowly.

Clones looking good.

Veg up-potted to 1 gal smarties. L- > R: BATFx2, BKS1 #3x2, DeathStar, Midas

MrAwder

Individual Veg shots

BATF - suffering due to my negligence. going to turn these around though!

Bubba Kush S1 #3

Deathstar and Midas

Back under the lights

MrAwder

Flower shots @ 24 days

Flower shots @ 24 days

24 days flowering

DSD & SLH

BK#3 and BK#2 (runt)

BK #1

Think I will try and get some dry shots tonight... in the next few minutes actually. Might post them up later but my internet is being really crappy at the moment.

Mister_D

Veteran
Glad you got your issues sorted Mr. A. :good: Plants look really good considering what you've been putting them through :respect:

MrAwder

Thanks D, I'm really surprised they did not look much worse. Not sure if that is a testament to the hardiness of the plants or the formulation of Jacks.

So things are on track again. Did res refills last night and both res' (flo & veg) were still spot on 1.3EC and 6.5pH before adding fresh stuff. I got my stock solutions mixed up... no idea the strength since my meter can't even read it it's so hot. But it takes 60ml of Jacks to hit 0.8EC in 5 gal and another 60ml of CalNit takes me to 1.33EC. I was mixing directly in the res' before, but I usually only add back ~20gal per night (one res per night) so now I am mixing in 5 gal batches. It is a bit more labor intensive but quicker now with the stock solutions. About 3 mins to fill and test a bucket so under 15 mins of work to keep everything topped off.

Finally here are the dry shots I've been promising for weeks now.

Midas

SLH

MrAwder

Deep Strawberry Diesel

That's it for now. Few clones are showing roots. Everything in veg is growing SOOOO much faster now that I got my nutes straightened out. Hoping the next round will be ready to start next week-ish.

MrAwder

Thanks. Everything seems to be running smoothly again now. I try not to get too bent out of shape when things go wrong because I (usually) have only myself to blame. No sense in wasting time with negativity, I'd rather face my mistakes head on and take care of business. Bringing positivity through action.

Quick update:

Veg - (left -> right: BK3, BK3, BATF #1, BATF #2)

Flower - round 6

Flower - round 6.5/7

Decided to throw in the DeathStar and Midas I had vegged out for Round 6.5/7. I cannot wait any longer to start flowering something or I will be kicking myself in 6 weeks. The harvest from Round 6 is already going to be paltry in comparison to my past ones.

I need to get about another 8-12" of height in my veg area. Hopefully I can get this accomplished by lowering the shelves and re-arranging a few things. Then I will get back to 4-6 plants per side going in at about 2 1/2ft tall.

Clones are taking FOREVER to fully root. I think it is a water temp issue so I tossed in a 50 watt fishtank heater and upped the pump running time to 15 on 5 off.

MrAwder

Pic Dump

Pic Dump

Took these 4-5 days ago. Not much to say right now. Things are running smoothly. Need to make some decisions as to how I'm going to proceed with the next round. Either put in another 2-4 plants in the existing open area next week-ish... or just wait until I harvest the right side and fill all the available slots, maybe 6-8 plants.

Veg

BKS1 Bud

MrAwder

more pics

more pics

The Bubba Kush S1's (#3). Topped and then kind of folded down the 2 dominant branches to encourage some space between them.

All of veg (2 candy clones in the middle, BK on the left, BATF on the right)

Deathstar and Midas

The deathstar is shaped nicely but will need some serious defoliation in the coming week.

MrAwder

stuff

stuff

Dropped my veg shelves each by 6". Think this will give me a perfect height plant to go into flower. I'm hoping 6" more veg will translate to roughly an extra foot of total plant height after stretch. As you can see in all these pics I'm not maximizing my vertical space except with the Midas. All the plants are around 2-3' I think right now. 4-5' would be a lot better for this space. Just need to be careful in shaping the plants so that I get more height without adding a ton of width.

[edit: i measured the plant heights today. SLH = 28", DSD = 32", Deathstar = 26", Midas = 48". So using the Midas as the ideal height 4ft is perfect. even getting the middle bunch of colas of the smaller strains to 36" would be a huge improvement I think.]

The DSD and SLH are really fattening up in these last few weeks, however I am noticing some leaf curling which I cannot figure the cause of. Possibly humidity/vpd issues with the change of season. Probably let them each go to 68+ days. Bubba Kush S1 #1 & #3 were chopped last night at 56 days. The upcoming Midas and Death Star look fantastic and I think will be the best example of each I have grown so far with this much more closely monitored and accurately mixed Jacks solution. Veg is really taking off and the 2 Bubba Kush S1#3, 2 Blue Alaskan Thunder Fuck and maybe 1 or 2 Candy will be put into flower next week. I pushed that schedule back a week by adding 6" to my veg.

Clones finally rooted and transplanted but look like shit. I'm going to assume this is because these were all taken from plants that were already throwing buds.

Death Star & Midas

DSD

DSD Bud

Last edited: