What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Soul Bringing back Brothers Grimm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prune

Veteran
He said he still has the original genetics on the adam dunn show. I was surprised.

considering the rumors of his existence since then , i would be surprised too! he was a bit of a slick back then, prone to the sell, so i'll wait for proof of his pudding...

St. Phatty

Still have dtc99

I remember DTC99 as being described as having a licorice smell, from the South African Sativa ?

OK :woohoo: I had to look it up -

"Brothers Grimm - DTC99
The Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC) bred a Thai strain for four generations to stabilize its traits favoring indoor cultivation. SSSC's famous Durban Poison male was used to pollinate a particularly sweet Thai female from this fourth generation. The hybrid was called "Durban Thai Highflier" by SSSC is has quite a reputation among Cannabis "Old-timers". They exhibited the best genes from both sides of their heritage, maturing early and remaining reasonably compact due to the Durban's influence. True Thai weed is sickly sweet, but when crossed with the Durban, the hybrid took on a taste distinctly like black licorice.

Bros Grimm decided to cross a particularly early-maturing female SSSC Durban Thai with a Cinderella 99 male. Expect a hybrid that is heavily Sativa-dominant, yet suited to indoor cultivation"

... The software doesn't like the link.

if Bros Grimm collected royalties from breeders that have capitalized on their work ... I think I'll stop there. :peacock:

Last edited by a moderator:

afi

Yes it is true. He is showing on in stag ram pics of original clones so should be the same

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I remember DTC99 as being described as having a licorice smell, from the South African

I've always been curious on this one. It must be like the "sativa lovers edition" of the Killer Queen strain, without the G13 couch lock! lol.

This season my fella Raco grew some DTC99 seeds (durban/thai pheno) reproduced and gifted to him by the legendary 20'Thai from Overgrow, who went to visit him the past year.

I had the chance to see the plants during a visit during this summer and they were looking amazing with those crazy alligator-tail leaves and unstoppable branching. They were part of an amazing outdoor plot with Hazes, DC/Haze F2, Angolese/Thai F3, Colombians and so on. Definitely a connoisseur's guerrilla! :biggrin:

From what Raco told me, he ended with some amazing females that were harvested some time ago. They smelled heavenly and the high was outstanding as well from what he said, he was definitely happy with those. Hopefully he'll pop around or share some pics and details so everyone can have a look at them. I'm really curious on those ones indeed, actually one of the most interesting strains from Grimm Bros! :biggrin:

Vibes. :tiphat:

The Revolution

Veteran
He was just on adam dunn show last week, he was speaking about coming back into the ring, and releasing some stuff. He said he still has the original Alaskan Thunderfuck, and some other goodies. This must be where bodhi heard the news.. I can imagine what he has planned, but he did talk about coming out to CO to visit, and possibly setting up shop..

nick11

Veteran
Great news, my first grow was astroboy from subcool. Belive it was an apollo cross. To this day it was one of my faves...can't wait!

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I hope he pops in here and we can see what is really going on, I am not interested in spending a dime on hype until I see proper feedback and results

The Revolution

Veteran
The way Soul spoke on the Adam Dunn Show, it was more like a future possibility.. Not something that was currently in the works, but a possibility he may settle into CO at some point in time, and Dunn and SOUL discussed when the right time for that may be...Dunn mentioned its still not too late, possibly the perfect time to become involved.. Soul mentioned a lot of the market is now gearing towards high CBD varieties, and Dunn mentioned you will master CBD as quickly as you mastered your C99 with no problems. I believe Soul is an astrophysicist btw..? Is this true? Or some type of engineer?

The Revolution

Veteran
Among the hundreds of packs of rare, and unattainable seeds I lost in 2013 were some Princess hybrids that were made way back. After seeing some pics of Mr Soul's Princess my heart aches again for I lost a invaluable seed collection. Many of the varieties lost dated back into the 70s, and some of the landrace varieties even further.. Damn I hate the USA and their draconian laws. If it were possible to get that stash back Id fight with everything Ive got.

OneStonedPony

This is great news. I always wanted to try some of their strains. But sadly, these were guys out of business before I bought and planted my first seeds.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I grew out quite a few of the bros Grimm strains when they came out and I can say every plant was amazing. It was very hard to pick and choose. My friend still grows the Rosetta Stone. What a killer strain. Potent frosty dense nuggetry.

The apollos I grew were potent as well, everyone loved them. I just always felt they needed structural improvement. Same with the best Cindy phenos.

I would be very excited to see what Mr. Soul could do in the present times. He definitely had an eye for selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts