What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Nice "The Cure" (Nordle X Haze AC)

Hey guys. Yeah... can't get any simpler. Stick 'em in the soil and just leave 'em do their thing. Nothing needs to be added. All they need is air and moisture. Depending on my room temps, sometimes I do use a heating pad for a few hours a day.

I have this system down to a tee... so much that I, with confidence, only need to take 1 cut per pheno. I used to take 2x per pheno, until I got to the point where I was consistently getting 100% survival. I haven't lost one in a while.

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Excellent
I built a bubbler a few years back and had pretty good success (~80-90%), but I think I'm going this 'root/route' again, a lot simpler.

Do you poke holes in the bottom of the cups?

Thanks buddy
BM

Excellent
I built a bubbler a few years back and had pretty good success (~80-90%), but I think I'm going this 'route/root' again, a lot simpler.

Do you poke holes in the bottom of the cups?

Thanks buddy
BM

Yep...3 along the bottom seam. The dixie cup serves as part of the humidity dome, therefore the unsealed baggy over the top allows for breathing, while keeping the humidity a tad bit to the dry side to encourage faster rooting. There is no need to saturate leaves during the cloning process, as I'm sure you know but many do not.

I use clear cups so I can see when they've taken root.

Bud_Man10

Veteran
The dixie cup serves as part of the humidity dome, therefore the unsealed baggy over the top allows for breathing, while keeping the humidity a tad bit to the dry side to encourage faster rooting. There is no need to saturate leaves during the cloning process, as I'm sure you know but many do not.

I use clear cups so I can see when they've taken root.

I noticed that, perfect little set-up. Do you have an 'optimum' temp you like to achieve?
Cloning gel?

BM

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Nothing too scientific. Basically, if the room "feels" too cold for me then out comes the heating pad to warm the developing rootplugs once a day or so for an hour or two. That's about the most intervention I ever give them until after I see roots.

I've never touched the stuff.

Thanks pal, back to the basics for me!

Respect
BM

The final sexing report for the 5 seedlings is in!

28 days after germination, sexing is complete. This is why I love 12/12 (actually 11/13 in this case) from seed to start new plants.

Out of the 5, I only got 1 female - and she is a Neville's Skunk, and appears to be a solid specimen at that. Very nice lemon-wood hazy smell and the most Sativa looking seeding I've gotten from Mr Nice. I was blessed in my earlier MNS grows by getting above average female to male ratios, so this is just the numbers game playing itself out.

Neville's Skunk #1 (female)
2po49k3.jpg

244y983.jpg

The other two Nev's Skunks (#2 & #3) were male. All three Nev's appear to be the same pheno, all with the same scent and leaf patterns are identical. I culled 1 of the males and kept 1 in micro-clone form along with the female.

zlox3.jpg

I didn't get a female of "The Cure" this time, but I got 2 nice males from which to select. I'll start a few more beans of "The Cure" along with some Master Kaze in days ahead.

The Cure #2 & #3 (male)
4l0mt4.jpg

I culled #2. It was not a runt by any means, but does not have the vigor you'd expect from a Haze hybrid. Sure he might be a good Indica dom male, but #3 has all the vigor its brother lacks plus nicely scented as well. so I kept #3.

The Cure #3 (male)
167jfao.jpg

All pics were taken 48 hours ago - on Friday, 28 days 11/13 from seed.

Final update of this thread...

I picked up 1 female of THE CURE from the last few seeds I popped. Here she is (2-stemmed topped plant in the middle). I have her cloned and am vegging some now for a test run.

ehrux.jpg

Happy New Year to all!

ufullachit

Final Update??? So you're done working this strain? Aren't you gonna post the finished product?

Looking very Nice man...

Final Update??? So you're done working this strain? Aren't you gonna post the finished product?

Looking very Nice man...

Hi. No, I'm not done with this strain. I'm veggin clones of the female and will run them when my tent is free. But I won't be able to post the results here as I'll no longer be a member.

I didn't want to just abandon the thread without leaving an explanation. Peace to everyone...this is an excellent community with GREAT people.

Dankwolf

The cure can't find much on her so figured I will throw up the results here

The cure can't find much on her so figured I will throw up the results here

I have 3 of them going from seed . that are about 1ft-2ft tall . all of them are vary different . one is super Lemmon one is acrid sharp smell and one is hazy smelling

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Happy Times

Curious how this compares to Jack Herer, seems like similar parental lines, Nordle being Afghan x Skunk so Cure = (Afghan x Skunk) x Haze

Where JH= Skunk x NL x Haze

Good luck Wolf, hope you find a nice one

Satta

looks like haze AC is quite dominant.your plants looks almost identical at this stage as the doors (nl5/hazexAChaze) im growing atm.

Last edited:

bigbadbiddy

The wide terpene profile range seems to be common in all MRN strains that include their Skunk in their genetic makeup.

All strains I have grown from them so far, that included Skunk in their genetics, had (given enough phenos for variety) a similarly large range of terpene profiles.

The acrid, tar, I call it "camphor" smell that sometimes doesn't even faintly remind you of cannabis, seems to be the one end of the spectrum.

On the other end I have so far found a couple of very sweet, minty, citrusy and berry/fruity type phenos.
I have a feeling that the berry direction terps are more prevalent in strains where Afghan plays a bigger role and the citrusy, minty stuff more in the ones where skunk plays a bigger role.

Have not grown much of the strains where Haze plays a big role but I would assume that's where the incense/floral/spicy terpenes come into play.

Dankwolf

The wide terpene profile range seems to be common in all MRN strains that include their Skunk in their genetic makeup.

All strains I have grown from them so far, that included Skunk in their genetics, had (given enough phenos for variety) a similarly large range of terpene profiles.

The acrid, tar, I call it "camphor" smell that sometimes doesn't even faintly remind you of cannabis, seems to be the one end of the spectrum.

On the other end I have so far found a couple of very sweet, minty, citrusy and berry/fruity type phenos.
I have a feeling that the berry direction terps are more prevalent in strains where Afghan plays a bigger role and the citrusy, minty stuff more in the ones where skunk plays a bigger role.

Have not grown much of the strains where Haze plays a big role but I would assume that's where the incense/floral/spicy terpenes come into play.

Could not have said it better my self .

Latest posts

Latest posts