What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Nice "The Cure" (Nordle X Haze AC)

The next strain I grow out will be "The Cure" by Mr Nice. This polyhybrid's father is Shantibaba's "Haze AC male" which is I believe NL5xHaze X SkunkHaze combining genetics from both the Haze A and Haze C.

According to consensus of the reports I've read on this strain, if you're looking for a potent Haze hybrid with some bottom to it, complex taste AND hybrid-effect, look no further. Several have said this strain gives Super Silver Haze a run for its money.

"The Cure" was released as part of the Rock & Roll Haze Series at Mr Nice... (The Cure, The Stones, The Doors, Pink Floyd, U2) with "The Doors' emerging as the early favorite & most Sativa of the lot.

Now that they've been out long enough to judge how they stack up, "The Cure" seems to be the longterm keeper among the others.

Reports by one very established grower said that there wasn't a bad plant in his pack and choosing a keeper was very competitive. Aromas are consistently in the Sandalwood-Frankincense range. Potent soaring high consistent from pheno to pheno, with some being more stony than others.

This might be one of Shantibaba's top career works...

White Widow/Rhino/Shark / Mango Haze / The Doors / The Cure chronologically, Shantibaba's biggest claims to fame IMO. :dance013:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
can't wait to see how it grows for you

are you going to make seeds and if so I wonder what would pop out pheno wise in the following generations and filial crosses. With poly genetics it would be a blast to weed through.

He has always done great work

can't wait to see how it grows for you

are you going to make seeds and if so I wonder what would pop out pheno wise in the following generations and filial crosses. With poly genetics it would be a blast to weed through.

He has always done great work

Yes, most likely I'll cross it with Black Widow. I have 2 females phenos clones and 5 new unsexed seedlings ATM.

i have a pack of the cure waiting for me...
and some C5 x doors...
itll be a good 2013 if we are still here ;)

Jack, I remember reading that you grew The Stones.

From the reports I've read, the Stones & The Cure are virtually identical except the Cure allows the Hazy flavors to shine through more - the Master Kush Skunk is supposed to dominate aromas & flavors with The Stones. Was that your experience too?

Here you can see some pics of The Cure in bloom...

(props to Raydiator for the mighty swell grow!)

http://www.mrnice.nl/photos/showphoto.php/photo/35472/title/the-cure/cat/977

IMG_20120911_100623.jpg

cool would like to see your grow these out .
I have a pack of U2 and The Doors in the vault.

I have those as well. You should do U2 - there is a serious lack of grow threads and pics for the Rock & Rollers. These are some seriously underrated Haze hybrids, and buying them from the auction it works out to be cheaper than buying seeds from Nirvana or KC Brains per seed!

Yesca73

Ya I agree there is a lack of grow threads for these . I will def do a log or at least throw up some pics either here or @ MNS when I start them , more likely in 2013.
I hope u document your grow as well
good luck

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Jack if I remember correctly did you get hold of some AC male pollen from the auction?

Did you ever get round to dusting any ladies? I remember you mentioning an OG cross.

This would be one of my dream crosses.

Peace

I started 3 seeds of "The Cure" and 3 "Neville's Skunk" seeds. Both of these strains contain both the Haze A & Haze C genetics; The Cure is fathered by Haze AC and Neville's Skunk's mother is Neville's Haze. Both of these strains have Nordle (Afghan Skunk) as a parent - The Cure's mother and Neville's Skunk's father.

These will go 12/12 from seed and I'll be taking cuts.

Props to Shanti, once again, for the extra beans. "The Cure" has 21 beans in my straw, 20 for Neville's Skunk!

dqnqte.jpg

ousgom.jpg

10z36lw.jpg

35i7vy0.jpg

2hfm1s3.jpg

Very nice choice, can't wait to see them grow... Good luck, man !
Peace, HJ.

Thank you, my dude!

I only started 3 of each so I can get a preview of each of these fine strains. Later on I'll grow out 10-12 of each at a time and do some proper selection, but for now if I get a M and a F of each, I'll be a happy camper. Both of these lines are supposed to to produce a high average of potent Hazy plants, so chances are I won't run into "hay phenos" like you get with some Haze strains (Tom Hill, SSH, etc.). Only obvious runts and badly deformed plants will be culled and escape cloning. :woohoo:

I started 3 seeds of "The Cure" and 3 "Neville's Skunk" seeds. Both of these strains contain both the Haze A & Haze C genetics; The Cure is fathered by Haze AC and Neville's Skunk's mother is Neville's Haze. Both of these strains have Nordle (Afghan Skunk) as a parent - The Cure's mother and Neville's Skunk's father.

These will go 12/12 from seed and I'll be taking cuts.

Props to Shanti, once again, for the extra beans. "The Cure" has 21 beans in my straw, 20 for Neville's Skunk!

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Taproots!

2v9p7aq.jpg

Everyone has to love a powerful haze, cant wait to see how these turn out for ya. 12/12 from from seed, what flower setup you plan to put them in??

Everyone has to love a powerful haze, cant wait to see how these turn out for ya. 12/12 from from seed, what flower setup you plan to put them in??

For starters, I take a cutting when the seedplants are as young as 10-21 days old (depending on vigor). This cutting, consequently, tops the seedplant.

I let the seedplants flower, but in small 1L containers. The seedplants are for cloning and determining sex. I will probably pollinate these with a Black Widow male. Won't get much bud this way, but I'll have the clone of each pheno vegged and ready to flower by the time the seedplants finish (4-6 weeks after pollination).

Once the seeded seedplants are harvested, I will run the clones ... probably in 3 gallon pots. That's how I will pick any keepers - from the clones, not from the seedplants. After all, seedplants can only be run once (not counting reveg) but clones can be propagated for decades.

All 6 seeds have germinated.

155klfb.jpg

As of this writing, I have a 100% germination rate for every Mr Nice seed I've planted... Black Widow (8), Devil (12), Shit (8), The Cure (3), Neville's Skunk (3).

When buying Mr Nice seeds, the only way to buy 'em is directly from Shantibaba. All seeds are fresh and every straw of mine has had at least 20 beans!

It might be interesting to cross The Cure & Neville's Skunk. Lineage is very similar... both strains contain Haze A & C, Northern Lights #5, & Nordle (Afghan Skunk) but in different percentages. Crossing these 2 lines might be a good starting point for a Haze IBL.

Latest posts

Latest posts