What's new

Moving to Oaksterdam!

NPK

Oakland is actually a great town--it's not all like the flatlands, the place has many nice neighborhoods, too. It also has higher plant limits than any other city mentioned in this thread thus far.

Still, crime is a problem, especially given that our police force now has reduced numbers. Any problems you may have in Oakland are more likely to be crime-related than cop-related. In fact, nailing growers is at the bottom of OPD's priority list, and if you have the proper documentation they won't even look twice at you. It's the rippers and possible home invasions you need to be concerned about.

R

rick shaw

My only question is what are you hoping learn/gain at Oaksterdam U. If you want to learn botany/horticulture I would recommend a state university. Humboldt and Santa Cruz are really great places to live and learn.A certificate from Oaksterdam U. carries about as much weight as a bartenders degree. Spend a year in Humboldt or Santa Cruz you will learn about marijuana.lol

Blazie

everyone, thanks for all the head ups, or heads up, or heads ups or however its spelled..

richshaw, i mostly its because i want to practice the cannabis cultivation, i know how to, i have done it, and i know most of it, but u can never learn enough, and also im gonna do the glassblowing course, start to sell customized bongs at requests;) start up lotsa bong contests and smoking tool contests, its all so far away, but if anyone want, they can snatch the dream they are chasing

and about the crimes, sad to say but i've lived in a far darker place in state of mind than u describe, so i know how to handle things, and staying alive..

and a big reason for attending to oaksterdam is, because i could work in lets say , the netherlands in seedbanks, maybe a coffeshop, or something in that style..

i got no particular goal with what i want more than peace in my mind, and that could bring me closer to that. And without having a particular goal, u can always manage to change or just to get by, without changing personality, only perspective, and not only just changing the perspective or point of view, but to ADD more perspective gives u more knowledge than before. And getting facts on theories that could only be explained in my head and suchs

sorry for a weird context, a lil bit Blaz(i)ed atm ;D

HydroJen

im planning of going to every possible place where i could get some work, resturants, mmj cliniques, bartender, i could work anywhere thats possible..
And i didnt quite get what u meant "OU aint hiring unless ur a drone"

Work is very tight in Cali, I mean. If u were hoping of landing a job with Oaksterdam, dont count on it. Oaksterdam University is a good place to go to make friends and connections. Count on successful harvests, cuz the only jobs r fast food and trimming.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
Watch the first 48 too, think I saw your story on next years episodes ,
"50k in Oaksterdam "

take care TS

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Watch coming to america with Eddie Murphy that should help you out
Exactly!

im planning of going to every possible place where i could get some work, resturants, mmj cliniques, bartender, i could work anywhere thats possible..
And i didnt quite get what u meant "OU aint hiring unless ur a drone"
20k other people are planning it and 50k already has tried.....

here's a little tip....
Oaksterdam's university is completely worthless......

GrowBox420

look on craigslist and I say live in San Fransisco and grow some good nugs there under the senate bill 420 maybe even get a care giver card !!!

ddrew

Veteran
and about the crimes, sad to say but i've lived in a far darker place in state of mind than u describe, so i know how to handle things, and staying alive..
Blazie I have to ask what your idea of a "far darker place" then Oakland is?

darthvapor

If the bay area were a pair of underwear......oakland would be the shit stain. Look further south in areas like san leandro, san lorenzo, castro valley.

simos

Craigslist is a great place to start your apartment/house search.

Oakland isn't 1/10th as bad as many people on these boards would like you to believe. The truly scary part is south Oakland. The Oakland hills have some of the nicest real estate in California.

The nay sayers are right about the scarcity of jobs though. And about the extent to which Oaksterdam classes won't teach you to be a master cultivator. They're aimed at noobs lacking a solid foundation. IMO, there is vastly more valuable information freely available on this site than you could learn taking every class they offer. And there are far better places to learn to blow glass. Try Revere Glass in Berkeley to start, or any number of other studios.

Good luck, even if it doesn't work out the way you've imagined, traveling around the world is always a rewarding experience, and there are few more interesting places in the world than the Bay Area.

Cheers

Space Case

Veteran
First watch this video:
edit-videos go in the video section of the Toker's Den- FB

Then get the hell out of Oakland and don't give a penny to Oaksterdam University or Richard Lee! California is a beautiful state, you can find yourself some nice remote parts to rent a house cheaper than you would in the Bay Area. Also, Colorado and Michigan are also great places in the US to grow dope legally right now. Get yourself a Jorge Cervantes book and a bunch of starter clones. Then get a bottle of Eagle 20. The rest will make sense as you go down that road....

Last edited by a moderator:

HydroJen

Wow, there must be something really good in Oakland for you all to be protecting it so fiercely! I'm hitting CL today and the sideshow tonight!

ianSF

IMO, there is vastly more valuable information freely available on this site than you could learn taking every class they offer.

I agree with what simos said above. I took a grow seminar at Oaksterdam last spring. It was good for the basics but you'll get far more information here for free. There's a lot of knowledge and experience at Oaksterdam, but a few misconceptions too. I asked one grow teacher if they used diatomaceous earth for pests and he responded "we don't use any petroleum products.". WTF? it's all natural powdered silicon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth#Pest_control

E

el dub

I almost forgot. Alameda used to be a nice place to live back in the day.

I say move to Berkeley, get a rec, set up a grow at home and take glass blowing lessons from some pros.

That way you still learn from the cali mj scene, develop a trade by day and feast your eyes on co-eds all night long.....

lw

Blazie

Man if I had a dollar for every time someone said they wanted to move to Cali to grow.

You shouldn't move somewhere to grow good nug, you should grow good nug to move somewhere.

Besides an oz isn't worth shit in Cali anymore. I'm content here
wink.gif

how u think i got the money to move wherever i want?:p

Blazie I have to ask what your idea of a "far darker place" then Oakland is?

Dont take it as it seems, im meaning mentally, and how i've grown up. Therefore i think can handle a tough neighbourhood as how i get the description of how oakland is. lets say i've came to a point in life where i can only see the bright sides now when i have broken loose from all hellish experiences..:gday:

Blazie

I almost forgot. Alameda used to be a nice place to live back in the day.

I say move to Berkeley, get a rec, set up a grow at home and take glass blowing lessons from some pros.

That way you still learn from the cali mj scene, develop a trade by day and feast your eyes on co-eds all night long.....

lw

best idea changer i've got so far :) I dont want to change my course, maybe just stretch the road a lil bit:p like this idea
Bumps on the road are always to be expected, more or less..

Latest posts

Latest posts